405th Community Software Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thank you for explaining the need to try something new. Are all staff members able to move threads?

I was very fond of how on the ball Chernobyl was about this sort of thing, but she is not currently listed as staff?

Last edited:
At the moment, only Cadet and I are able to access the mod tools. This is a different system and we are learning it so we can train any other mods. If you feel something needs to be done, please let me know.

FANGS

Just a curious question. On the main page at the members online now section at the bottom. It states the members online then it tells you something like 30 members, 10 non members and 9 ROBOTS online now. What? We have robots? Just curious what they are.

Hmmmm....I'm fairly certain this refers to things like the google bot etc that roam the internet and would have the same access as those who are unregistered (non-members). Perhaps Art Andrews can provide a more technical explanation but no, we don't have robots here.

Does anyone know the URL command to link to a specific post in a thread? In the last forum you could just tack on the post # to the end of the URL and it would bring you right to it. I can't seem to figure it out on this site.

Hey, Art Andrews, can we have a specific tab in the Armory that that is dedicated to 3D printing?
now that 3D models are more plentiful, it would be nice

Certainly not a bad idea. It wouldn't be a tab (just a limitation of the software), but I think adding in a section for 3D Print files is a great idea. Right now we are really pouring through the old archive and trying to put a lot of files together and make sense of the organization, but moving forward, we can work to have a place for those files as well.

Does anyone know the URL command to link to a specific post in a thread? In the last forum you could just tack on the post # to the end of the URL and it would bring you right to it. I can't seem to figure it out on this site.

On the right side of each post is a post number. Right-click and copy the URL. That is the URL for the post.

On the right side of each post is a post number. Right-click and copy the URL. That is the URL for the post.
That is so cool!! I didn't realize it was a hyperlink. Thank you.

I second the 3d model section and would like to propose a tutorial section in the armory as well. Having tutorials in the general forum makes them hard to find. I vote trying to pick the best ones (and make new ones for any we are lacking) and turn them into documents that we can upload to the armory.

That is so cool!! I didn't realize it was a hyperlink. Thank you.

I second the 3d model section and would like to propose a tutorial section in the armory as well. Having tutorials in the general forum makes them hard to find. I vote trying to pick the best ones (and make new ones for any we are lacking) and turn them into documents that we can upload to the armory.

One of the big things we are trying to hammer out right now is just how best to layout the Armory. We can't do it all now, but we are trying to think ahead about what we want to do, not just what we are doing, so that as we layout the structure, it will support things like tutorials and other content. I hesitate to use the word "wiki" but we fully expect the Armory to become far more than a simple repository for files, but more of an area where the community can go to learn all that the 405th has to offer about a particular set of armor or subset of armor. While I know it is frustrating on your end right now because you aren't seeing visible movement, we are steadily working on an infrastructure what we hope will serve the community for years and years to come.

Art Andrews, would you mind if I put together a foam armor tutorial for the Armory? it would take a little while, but I think it would be a cool thing to do. I might ask vivalablake89 and a few others for their input as well, If you give me the Go-Ahead.

Last edited:
Art Andrews, would you mind if I put together a foam armor tutorial for the Armory? it would take a little while, but I think it would be a cool thing to do. I might ask vivalablake89 and a few others for their input as well.

We'd certainly be up for a tutorial, but before, you get going crazy, let's talk a bit more. I wouldn't want you to put in a lot of effort on something we may or may not be able to use specifically in the armory. Keep in mind, it is still intended as an expanded file repository with additional help specific to the set of armor set.

One of the big things we are trying to hammer out right now is just how best to layout the Armory.
I understand. I would like to comb through the forum and create a hyper link list of all tutorials big and small currently on the site. That way when you guys are ready to incorporate tutorials into the armory you will have everything available at your disposal. If this sounds okay I wouldn't mind mblackwell1002 's assistance in compiling it.

So, Art Andrews, I saw that you posted some new files, but I think the tabs look a little...cluttered.

I think there should be a tab called "Files" for each armor set, and have the main overview include information about the armor set, and the tips/tricks stuff. right now, it looks super cluttered with the authors on the main page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back