405th Pepakura File Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xtreme TACTICS 101

Hello everyone.

Seeing how there isn't any topic on this that I know of, I have decided to make one.

This topic is to post you're reviews of pepakura projects you have made from other peoples files.

Heres how this works.

-You post who's file it is, make sure you give them credit for the file.
-Next, wright up a review on how the model came togeather.
-List any problems with the model, make sure you can back up you're review.
-Lastly, type a final rating from 1-10 that you will give the model.

Please, don't make anyone feel bad. Simply post the review, and don't flame. This thread is for everyone on the 405th. It simply tells people what file you say is best to use for the piece of the armour that you made.

If possible, please tell the scale you used for that file, and how tall you are to help others while they scale the same file.

Once again, give the file creator credit for the file he/she has created.

CHEERS!

This is a pretty good idea,

ok, ill do a review for: Trintlords space marine helmet.
The model came together ok, its a very hi-def file so its not for beginners, even advanced pep users may find some challenges.
I scaled it up by 10% and it turned out way to big, i think the default should suit most people.
for difficulty 9/10. for quality 9/10, but the better quality the file the harder it is, so its got a good balance.

ill do one for rundowns mark V helm

the pep helm is not as hard as you would think it would be.the only hard part is the ribs but thats to be expected.
the helm is very HD, but in my opinion is easier the moz's

for med to expert pep builders i give it a 9 out of 10

Ok, will, I'll do a review on SKG's WETA ODST unfolded by Ral Partha.

Main chest plate- Very good. Came togeather nicely, no problems of any sort. The scale I used was the defult scale 5'11". It scaled great.

Main chest pads- Great. I prefer this over Belakor's unfolding simply because the flaps are layed out better. Belakor's unfolding is still good, I just find Ral Partha's somewhat better.

Mid chest plate- Same as the Main chest plate, came togeather nicely, no problems.

Mid chest pads- Well done. No problems. Both Belakor and Ral Partha's are the same.

Torso- I built Belakor's because I was unabled to download Ral Partha's for some reason. It unfolded very well. It just needes some moding for some areas.

10/10 on the unfolding AND the model. Its very accurate, no problems to speek of, and its a GREAT first build.

Thats what I have so far.

CHEERS!

I'll review the FS version 1 torso.

It has good detail, with an easy unfold that doesn't leave you in tears. It has very good detail without impossibly small pieces. I had a good time building it and it fit me very well. with only a little widenss in shoulders.

detail: 10/10

challenge: 6/10

scaling/body fit 9.5/10

quality: 10/10

overall: 9.8/10

Robogenisis' Mk 6 Helmet:

First completed file I did, so it's from a beginner's standpoint.

Everything worked quite nicely, decent sized parts, helped you get into the whole pepakura process. Occasionally difficult pieces, but they where managable.

Quality 9/10
Challenge 6/10
Scaling 10/10
Detail 7/10
Overall 9/10

Garland's H2 Marine pep files

So far I've only done the shoulders, but all the pieces look simple. The shoulders are super simple, easy, and all around good.

10/10 so far

I will add on too SKGs and crews ODST armor

ODST helmet- superb, closest too perfection you will get, easy to build and comes out looking amazing ( for me it took two trys and they both were fun :) ) 10/10 (you guys rock)

and now for some others

HD spiker- fun but difficult, comes out flawless when done right 10/10

Wiki AR- easy for begineers, could have a bit more detail but is still very good 8/10

Lionheart smg easy to build, fun to build, looks awesome 9/10

WetOkole CQB helmet- fairly easy to build, a lot of small cuts and folds but nothing impossible, looks amazing 9 1/2 -10

DF4Ls Mk 6 helmet smooth version ( i think it has a two in it)- Amazing for moderate builders, easier then Fs, harder than any low def file, i think it is a great file to build and is very easy to build. 9/10

EVA shoulder by belakor- Great, it has a near perfect unfold, not very difficult looks great .

And all of nuggets files are superb 10/10 and all of robogenius 10/10 (these guys are great at modeling)

If anyone would like to elaborate and do a longer writeup on any unfold, we are considering such an article for the zine. Of course it will depend on if there is enough interest and people are willing to do the writeup.

tlither said:
If anyone would like to elaborate and do a longer writeup on any unfold, we are considering such an article for the zine. Of course it will depend on if there is enough interest and people are willing to do the writeup.
So you would reveiw unfolds of certain files? If so I may be interested

Last edited by a moderator:
tlither
I would do a write up for you. It would be a comparison of the two Weta ODST Unfolds. Belakor's and Ral Partha.
I mean the both work but there is some Flaws in the two files. I don't know about every one else but i don't mind doing a little extra cutting and scoring if i can have a better looking model. then you have FS's Mark VI Chest after i downloaded it I had to go in and fix some spots. not that I'm dogging any one on their unfold styles, i know were all different. some times it just takes some time for us to find our groove. so yeah.

But personally i wouldn't do a normal article i would do more of an opinion column.

James AKA Mclovin

nuhkschuitykaht said:
i think a standard form would help a lot. it may also be a good idea to put them all in the first post at some time.

I will start makeing an organized quick-link list as soon as the reviews go more into detail. Everyone needs to list every tiny problem. Be picky about it, and make sure you say you're height if you already said you're scale.

I think these should be formatted something like this.

Pic of file: **Optional**
Name of File:
Creator:
Unfolded By:
Paper Size:
Pages:
Ease of Assembly:
Time to Assemble:
Scale Issues:
Link to File: **Optional**
Additional Thoughts:

****Example****

th_CqbBevbor.jpg
Name of File: RG_CQB_ufld_bevbor
Creator: RoboGenesis*
Unfolded By: Bevbor
Paper Size: A4
Pages: 16 with floating faces
Ease of Assembly: Very Easy to assemble.
Time to Assemble: 2.5 Nights (about 6hrs)
Scale Issues: None Scale was perfect for my head
Link to File: [attachment=7471:RG_CQB_ufld_bevbor.zip]
Additional Thoughts: I did have to convert this from A4 to Letter Paper to print on my home printer, however it was very fun to put together.... with the help of my little friend :D
th_100_2669.jpg
th_100_2670.jpg
th_100_2678.jpg

*Edit

BenStreeper said:
th_CqbBevbor.jpg
Name of File: RG_CQB_ufld_bevbor
Creator: Bevbor
Unfolded By: Bevbor??
Paper Size: A4
Pages: 16 with floating faces
Ease of Assembly: Very Easy to assemble.
Time to Assemble: 2.5 Nights (about 6hrs)
Scale Issues: None Scale was perfect for my head
Link to File: [attachment=7471:RG_CQB_ufld_bevbor.zip]
Additional Thoughts: I did have to convert this from A4 to Letter Paper to print on my home printer, however it was very fun to put together.... with the help of my little friend :D

I believe that file was created by RoboGenesis, and unfolded by Bevbor. Hence the "RG" at the beginning of the file name. If this goes into the zine, we need to have our facts straight! ;)

What I was proposing for the ezine was an article on the build. For those who build plastic models and read some of the mags like Fine Scale Auto and Scale Modeler, you'll know what I'm talking about. For everyone else, it's a review stating how many parts, flaws, where the trouble spots are, things to watch for (basically errors), how long it took, and how you would rate it.

For pep, we would of course include the modeler and the unfolder. Also, how many pages, A4 or letter, a personal rating, how long it took to build, any errors, and where/what gave you the most trouble. Yes it is basically an opinion article as two people building the same piece may view it differently.

This is by no means guaranteed to appear in the zine. It is as of right now, just an idea being kicked around. If and when it is agreed upon to include, we will let everyone know.

master chief403 said:
carmines helmet from gears of war helmet plz
this is not a pep request thread, it is for people to reveiw diff. files and things.

if you are requesting a reveiw on it, then you should try writing one or consider this is not a GoW armor forum, it is a halo armor forum.

busa-1.jpg

Name of File: Hysabusa unfold by crackhead09
Creator:agbates
Unfolded By: crackhead09
Paper Size: Letter
Pages: 17
Ease of Assembly: Easy
Time to Assemble: around 8 hours
Scale Issues: None just has to be trimmed to fit your head
Link to File: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...t=0&start=0
Additional Thoughts: alot of unneeded cutting but goes together fine