60 lbs card stock questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlhR2

Jr Member
Hello Guys and Gals,

So here is the situation. I started my armor by building a tester torso. But about 1/3rd the way through I felt I had the scale right. So I printed off some HD detail parts, added it and I am progressing great. I have a couple questions in regards to this though...

1). I have minor warping occuring (I know its due to the 60 lbs stock flexing). Is there a way I can counter act this a little?

2). Any suggestions on when it comes time to resin/rondo? (I am thinking I am going to try and brush on the resin really thin (think coats) and hope this will avoid to much "soaked" warping.

Please any ideas would be great. I love my torso so far and I would hate to screw it up. (And yes learning curve shouldn't have used the 60lbs, even if it was a tester)

~James

60lb cardstock is about the same as regular printer paper it usually does'nt work well with resining, but your best way to rpobably do this when you get to the reining is to first brush lines on the paper then after that has dried resin the rest.

Yes resin the seems of the chest. And yes 60lb cardstock will work but 110 works much much better. Its what I used for my build and I got maybe one piece that warped a little and its not really that noticeable.

Can you perhaps talk with me more about this bullseye. I also wanted to let you know I grew up (30 years) in Lakewood Colorado.

~James

Yeah PM me if you have any question and I will try and answer them. As for living in Colorado It's not by choice lol. After I graduate I'm going back to Florida for collage to get away form this cold. It was -11 last night!

Wow that must be a climate shock. But See I lived there all my life and its not as bad as where I live now. The low at night was -11 F well it gets -22 to -40 F here on average during winter. :-D But yes I will PM you, if you don't mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So to all, my 60lbs paper should be okay as long as i keep my resin coats thin to start, and do the seams first?

~James

i used 60 lbs card stock due to the supply being out when i went to the store and what i did was purchase a big box of Popsicle sticks and then in the flat areas between folds i cut the sticks and glued them in for support. worked really well but did add some weight in the long run. i also did like bullseye was talking about and resin the seams first with light coats and ended up with no warping at all. good luck it is possible to do but takes a little extra work.

Yeah that's about the average here in Alamosa. I believe 2 years ago We were the coldest in the United States at like -43 or something like that. Na I don't mind the PM, I rarely check my Email so PM's work best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back