A 14 Year Old's Reach Foam Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know progress has been REALLY slow lately, but we recently put netflix on our projector and my family is makin us all watch 3 movies a day.... but not being one to post without reason, i have updates. well, 3 pieces of updates. mainly the boot XP. I scaled the boot to a dress shoe that my dad was about to throw out. It was the only black shoe that was broken. so I had to deal with it and work with it. but as it turns out hotglue doesnt stick to leather. so enough of my blabber, heres some pics of the boot and a secret suprise build pic at the end :D
dscf0039.jpg

dscf0041.jpg

dscf0038.jpg

Great job man! I'm 14 as well, and I'm lucky enough to have a dad who always wants to build things with me. :D
I gotta say though, you have real talent man, I can't wait to see this finished.

Dude, this WIP thread is stunning, no matter if you were 14 or 41 this work is still some of the best foam ive seen :p

OK DUDE PLEASE DONT BE A DOUCHEBAG LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!! May how you are making the armor out of foam, do u just cut the pieces out, or do you try your best to make it as accurate as possible, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have faith that some people here aren't F***ing retarded or egotistic. BTW, nice job!!!!

OK DUDE PLEASE DONT BE A DOUCHEBAG LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!! May how you are making the armor out of foam, do u just cut the pieces out, or do you try your best to make it as accurate as possible, PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have faith that some people here aren't F***ing retarded or egotistic. BTW, nice job!!!!

Wow that is a little hurtful, you could of at least said that over private messages.

you say that like you EXPECT me to be a douchebag, retarded, and egotistic. And that "btw" at the end doesn't change the negative tone of the post... but just to answer your plead, I try to cut it out with the best accuracy and I use my thinner blade for the smaller circular parts. for angled pieces, i take my scissors and just cut a 90 degree angle or more and just hot glue it together. for small thin parts, i take my ruler and I cut using the ruler as a guide, and make sure my knife is perpendicular with the foam. hope this helps......

Just throwing this out there, that type of language can get you banned (not you 12382) Lets be mature and polite.

Anyway, nice job. I can't wait to see this finished!

yes it did indeed thank you, you have been the most helpful person on this *dang* site!!! All theses *forgetters* are gonna ban me so i say good luck and dont let any of these *a* whips put you down! you here me ADAM, and RUNDOWN, and ALL YOU OTHER *forgetting* MODERATORS *Forget* YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on the quote, foul language has been removed and censored with the asterisks marks.

.... you actually are the one thats discourageing me because I have to now tell you how immature you are acting right now. remember. this is ALL coming from a 14 year old. so i think thats pretty immature. but the questions that you are asking, are ALL awnsered already. If i had known that you didnt care about getting banned, i woulld have just told you to use the searchbar which would have probably ended up with you calling me out with your foul language. i dont know about you, but if this is how you act to everyone that ATTEMPTS to help, maybe thats why you are getting less results. have you ever thought that maturity and being polite can get you to places? And your words of "encouragement" and how im getting put down doesnt describe anything ive seen before until you came along. AND if you are calling out the people that helped create this site to what it is today, then i don't think you deserve any armor at all. But when halo 4 comes along, and you want back in (assuming you ARE going to get banned) whos going to help you along the way of the new sets of armor building methods? whos going to supply you with the pepakura models? Not the 405th. so being the bigger, younger, person, i would like to wish you good luck with your foam armor and have a wonderful day.

PS; grow up.
thought it was necessary to put that in there..

PPS; i see that you tried to edit out your little rage there. but i caught it >: D

Im rootin for you 12382. Dont stop this build is amazing not every 14 yr old gets to build professional armor.

Also i dont want you getting banned for the swearing so edit that stuff in the above post. Iva already told spase what happened.

the quote.
fixed?

ok now back to the build. So far nothing ha been produced in foam, but the sneak peek picture a the last picture post has gained only little progress. Ive removed and replaced the side details because they were too thick and instead i used coke a cola boxes instead of the nerf gun cardboard box. also, I bought real exacto knifes today :D (before i was using fiscars #11 knives) and lemme tell ya. they cut ALOT smother than the fiscars. i wish i had the knives before i sandwiched the parts together, it would have been much more symetrical. well its 3:00 Am here and my familys all asleep. so i think im going to catch some z's too. good night! :D (good afternoon to some people) XD

That is a very good foam build for 14 year old even my 15 year old son can't even build anything. Keep up your good work.

ok, well my time has been preoccupied with trial and error of the cardboard assault rifle. It took me 3 hours just to get the little front part detail to have a shape and maintain it XD I also put a layer of foam around the grip to hide the nasty cardboard work and fix the comfort :D pics:
dscf0042.jpg

dscf0043.jpg

now for the grip, i need to wait for the paper towels in my house to go empty so i could use the inner cardboard roll piece for the grip :D

EDIT: I found out that there was only 2 towels on the roll left so i took it and I wrapped it in black foamies then i will layer the details on the tube to give it more shape. I had to cut little circles out of the foam mats and put them inside the tube so the tube doesnt get misformed when i apply pressure..
Pic:
dscf0044.jpg

(ignore my foot)
btw, shouldi start a new topic about the assault rifle or should i keep my progress on everything here? because, if im keeping it here, i kinda wanna change the title :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back