A Missile Pod Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after many months of being a guest on the forums, and a few months as a member here, I have decided to finally make my first thread. This is not the first piece I have pepped, I think it's my fifteenth creation, and it's progress is moving along steadily. Slowly, but steadily. A special thanks goes out to The King Cobra, for modelling the Missile Pod, and many more thanks to him for unfolding it as well.

Without further ado, here is my Missile Pod work in progress. This is most of what I have done:

IMAG0023.jpg

I have also pepped the four cylinders, cut out everything, and am working on scoring everything, and gluing already-scored things together. Scroll on down for those pictures.

So I have a few questions too:

What step can I take after pepping that doesn't involve expanding foam, or resining then cutting it in half?

I have some Reach 3D helmet models I have made, and what fileshare website should I upload them to?

Can I hook up my 360 to my laptop by way of HDMI and play games from the 360 using the laptop for the screen?

Once those questions get answered, I will cross them out, to prevent an excess of unrelated inormation. Comments, questions, concerns, etc., are all welcome.

Woot 100th post! I am now a Veteran too! :D

OMG its my Sexy Missile Pod and your probably the first to start it congratulations! I actually unfolded it also :p. Anyway you can use 4shared.com for all your file sharing needs. I don't know how to make it more solid but layers of resin should give it a nice structure but a project this big definately needs some inside structure. But its looking really good so far, can't wait to see it completed, let me know how it turns out.

1 shot 1 kill said:
wow really nice keep it comeing :D

Oh I will. As ACDCRocker says, "in a good way."

ForRuneScape said:
I also want to make one, but it waste a lot of paper......

64 pages (Yeah I fit as many pieces to a page as I can) worth! I had to sacrifice half of my printed Mark VI helmet and ODST chestplate papers to have all the Missile Pod printed, because I had ran out of cardstock, again.

MikyVengeance said:
this looks like an epic project :)

I can't wait to see more :p

keep us updated!

I will, but school is rough for me, what with 2 Pre-AP and 1 Honors class. Just had 5 English projects goin at once, all for my one Pre-AP English class. But I'm hoping to have much free time this summer, unless I have lots of summer reading to do. Or I may try to finish most of this before summer, so I can hang out with friends. But I am trying my best to get as much work done on it as I can, and will try to keep everyone updated.

The King Cobra said:
OMG its my Sexy Missile Pod and your probably the first to start it congratulations! I actually unfolded it also :p. Anyway you can use 4shared.com for all your file sharing needs. I don't know how to make it more solid but layers of resin should give it a nice structure but a project this big definately needs some inside structure. But its looking really good so far, can't wait to see it completed, let me know how it turns out.

Okay, I'll update your name into the unfolding part of my first post. Am I really the first to start it? Sweet! And I shall get right into a 4Shared account, and probably make a thread for my 3D models. And I will just ask more in-depth information on the strengthening part when it gets closer to that stage.

Thanks for the comments and help everyone, now here are more pictures of what's been done so far, all with a ruler for reference:

IMAGE_062.jpg

That is all of the center section's pieces on top of the big piece, some put together, others ready to be added.

IMAGE_063.jpg

And my pepped cylinder things sat on top of one of the big pieces, for size reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

I have added most of the big rectangular pieces that go on the bigger end-piece part thing, and the handle has been added too. All that remains for those rectangles is one of the four sides.

The back view:

IMAG0065.jpg

The offset side view, with me holding it up in the air:

IMAG0066.jpg

It may look pretty warped in some places, but for that, gravity is to blame, because the weight of each side pulls it down, causing it to appear warped. That being said, in all reality, it's not actually warped very much at all, which is surprising because I am still an amateur at this.

There should be no reason you can't hook your 360 up to a laptop monitor as long as the laptop has video in hdmi and the proper drivers and perhaps software? I've seen this done before but couldn't quite explain how sorry. =/

1 shot 1 kill said:
Q how many sheet of paper is this??? looking nice keep it coming :D

It is an amazing 80 pages :eek . I know its a lot of paper but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

Chevysrule said:
Can I hook up my 360 to my laptop by way of HDMI and play games from the 360 using the laptop for the screen?

No. There is no way for that to work at all. I've tried it with my HP and it simply is not possible because the HDMI port on a computer is 99/100 times going to be an HDMI out. I commonly put my laptop on my 26" and use it (Sometimes the 42" too).

Best regards,

Mike

Oh I will. As ACDCRocker says,"in a good way."[

Lol, you took my words! In a good way!!

A very great start on a very great weapon. I can't wait to see more pictures. In a good way!

-Pony

Cant wait to see how this turns out.

Wanted to build one, but dont have enough paper or space to build one.

This will hopefully come out good.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back