A Missile Pod Work In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only qualm was will this thing start flexing and bowing? MAybe if you make a balsawood rod frame and resin them, it might work... just a thought.

My only qualm was will this thing start flexing and bowing? MAybe if you make a balsawood rod frame and resin them, it might work... just a thought.

u could try hardening piece by piece then assembling later

Don't worry guys. It isn't going to happen. I have the file and the bloody thing is sectioned into pieces. So he's good.

Any more pics Chevy? In a good way?!

-Pony

Sorry everyone, I haven't had any internet, and when I got it back, my siblings were on, rendering me unable to say anything. So far, I have done very little, but will have the big middle section nearly done by the end of the week, and if I have time there will be more pictures. Thanks to everyone for responding, and here is my long response to most of the stuff you all said when I was gone.

The King Cobra said:
It is an amazing 80 pages :eek . I know its a lot of paper but hopefully it'll be worth it in the end.

I am a paper conserver, and fit it down to 64 or so. I have a pdf saved up too.

1 shot 1 kill said:
better not mess up lol

I'm trying my best, so I hope it will survive!

PositiveKarma said:
No. There is no way for that to work at all. I've tried it with my HP and it simply is not possible because the HDMI port on a computer is 99/100 times going to be an HDMI out. I commonly put my laptop on my 26" and use it (Sometimes the 42" too).Best regards,Mike

Oh okay, I was going to use the print screen button to get reference straight from the games onto my laptop. Thanks for the information though.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Lol, you took my words! In a good way!!A very great start on a very great weapon. I can't wait to see more pictures. In a good way!-Pony

As soon as I have less schoolwork, I have been busy with school, mainly English.

Boba Fett said:

I don't know how to work with wood. Thanks for idea though. And the only warping is on the multi-page pieces.

ACDCrockr209 said:
Don't worry guys. It isn't going to happen. I have the file and the bloody thing is sectioned into pieces. So he's good.

Any more pics Chevy? In a good way?!

-Pony

Sorry, not yet. As I said at the beggining of this post, I will get some up as soon as I make reasonable progress, hopefully in a few days, or, maybe tonight. And I am so glad it is sectioned. If it wasn't, this build would not have started, because I wouldn't have the room for storing this as one piece for at least a month, probably longer.

To all of you whose post I did not reply to in this post: thank you too. And to all of you who have replied, are watching this thread, or just looking at this thread to see what I'm building, thank you. Your kind words, and infinite support, are my motivation. Next update: as soon as possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chevysrule said:
Oh okay, I was going to use the print screen button to get reference straight from the games onto my laptop. Thanks for the information though.

You're thinking about it too hard hah. Just snap some pictures in game and upload them to Bungie.net. If you don't have LIVE I can do it for you.

Best regards,

Mike

Most hobby or craft centers sell long rods of balsa wood. Just cut the pieces to length, and glue with wood glue. Look forward to updates!

I got enough work done to update!

PositiveKarma said:
You're thinking about it too hard hah. Just snap some pictures in game and upload them to Bungie.net. If you don't have LIVE I can do it for you.

Best regards,

Mike

That would be so awesome if you would do that! I have no Live until the Reach beta comes out. So can you please get as perfect pictures of the front, side, and back view of a Chopper as you can? I just need those 3 pictures, and I will be set. Thank you very much in advance.

Boba Fett said:
Most hobby or craft centers sell long rods of balsa wood. Just cut the pieces to length, and glue with wood glue. Look forward to updates!

Hmm, I might try that, but I don't know. It depends on how much inside support I will think I need, but thank you, though, for the extra information. As you may be able to tell, I am still a noob to prop building, and because of that I am soaking up all the information I am given like a sponge. And now, it's picture time!:

IMAG0068.jpg

Slight overhead view.

IMAG0067.jpg

Slight side view.

IMAG0069.jpg

That is me in my Mark V HD helmet (which is still unfinished) holding up what I have so far, with each separate piece taped together. Not glued, because they aren't meant to be combined to one big piece yet. Just so you know, I do have a right arm, though that pictue shows otherwise. :p

That pod is looking fantastic! (If only you could put a model rocket in it ;) ). Nice helm btw. Just out of curiosity, how much do you think the pod will weigh?

Cheers!

Sniperbaas392 said:
That pod is looking fantastic! (If only you could put a model rocket in it ;) ). Nice helm btw. Just out of curiosity, how much do you think the pod will weigh?

Cheers!

Thank you! The rocket idea would be pretty cool too. Maybe if I molded it, I would do something crazy like that with a cast. As to your question, to be honest, I have no idea. I have never gone past the pep stage for anything yet, but I can say with paper weight and glue weight, it will be heavy enough to be messed up if it fell, and that's while in the paper stage.

This sort of makes me wonder if anybody actually even bothered looking at the updated file I so generously posted up. Gratitude, there is none. But, just in case you like, yet again, here's an updated version that's more accurate to the Missile Pod's scale and detailing:

Love me. I did it for you.

However, nice work. I've got a build of my own going on, using MDF as a base for the major parts and the pep files for the smaller details.

Arcanine said:
This sort of makes me wonder if anybody actually even bothered looking at the updated file I so generously posted up. Gratitude, there is none. But, just in case you like, yet again, here's an updated version that's more accurate to the Missile Pod's scale and detailing:

Love me. I did it for you.

However, nice work. I've got a build of my own going on, using MDF as a base for the major parts and the pep files for the smaller details.

I downloaded it, and in Pep Designer nothing showed up. It was all blank. I looked through the options, and it had checks for showing faces and edges, but the model view side was still blank. I re-downloaded, tried again, and the same thing happened. Is there a problem with the file or something?

Second question, this one for whoever knows the answer: I can't get an any trouble for posting some of my 3D Reach helmets onto 4shared, can I? Like, I know that most of the people here use that site, but has anyone ever gotten in legal trouble? I was wondering this because I have very bad luck, and if anyone has ever gotten in trouble, I will too because of bad luck.

Edit: second question got answered, so I lined through it.

Chevysrule said:
I downloaded it, and in Pep Designer nothing showed up. It was all blank. I looked through the options, and it had checks for showing faces and edges, but the model view side was still blank. I re-downloaded, tried again, and the same thing happened. Is there a problem with the file or something?

Second question, this one for whoever knows the answer: I can't get an any trouble for posting some of my 3D Reach helmets onto 4shared, can I? Like, I know that most of the people here use that site, but has anyone ever gotten in legal trouble? I was wondering this because I have very bad luck, and if anyone has ever gotten in trouble, I will too because of bad luck.

Some people have gotten their files removed but so far nothing has been removed from my account. I find it really easy to use and I would love to see your helmets. And the missile pod is looking really nice and the scale looks good. Thanks for putting your time and effort into this model I never would of thought someone would use it lol :p

The King Cobra said:
Some people have gotten their files removed but so far nothing has been removed from my account. I find it really easy to use and I would love to see your helmets. And the missile pod is looking really nice and the scale looks good. Thanks for putting your time and effort into this model I never would of thought someone would use it lol :p

Okay, I made an account at 4shared, and started up a thread for my stuff:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24430

Hope you like them. And yeah I bet you were pretty sad, because it is obvious that a ton of time went into your creating and unfolding of your missile pod file, then having zero people making it must have been like torture to you. You're welcome, too, about me and my working on this, and it's all because I wanted to do something that was a first on this site, and found just that in you're missile pod.

papasmurf said:
wow thats looking crazy! im keeping my eye on this thread. keep up the great work!!

Thank you! I will try my best, and it's always nice to have more people watching my progress, as it makes me want to work even more on it.

Vyronix said:
Really good job on the Missile Pod so far, good luck. I will be keeping an eye on this thread.

Thank you. And I will be watching your thread with the Elite progress, as you are doing a pretty great job on it.

The file worked, and it is amazing! Thanks Arcanine! The most I can do with it once I have free time is unfold it then put in a pdf, sadly (won't have card stock for a while).

Little update, finished the middle part of the middle section:

IMAG0070.jpg

Back view

IMAG0071.jpg

Front view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back