A Quick Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really depends what materials you used to make it, and if you plate it with anything. Paper mache and hot glue won't be as durable as fiberglass and aluminium.

According to various text posts and videos, pep+bondo suits get blown away with the first shot. Not sure about fiber reinforced - glass or otherwise.

I have seen this posted many times since Ive been here...

The 405th does not promote using costume armor for any sort of protection because it cannot stand that sort of abuse.

It's not simply a question of the durability. You have to consider mobility, proper strapping, and the amount of time and money that would go into a suit like this that could potentially get destroyed the first time you play while wearing it.

I'd suggest doing some searches about paintball and armor on this site. As has been mentioned, it has been discussed a lot already. The general consensus is that it's not a good idea, for reasons not only including durability. Also, just to let you know, it tends to be frowned upon here to create new threads asking question that have already been answered in the past.

from what I've seen and read on this website, no the average suit wouldnt withstand it. Maybe a suit without any details could, after 6 layers of fiberglass and 4 of bondo on each side. but if i were you, id seriously just invest in sheets of stainless or ally (aluminium) and just make it that way. maybe molding would be better?

Hi and welcome to the 405th, a group dedicated to creating costumes in tribute to the Halo games.

They are not intended to be used for inherently dangerous hobbies such as airsoft or paintball. The equipment used in those sports is certified as safe for those activities.

If anyone were to use an idea or technique suggested on the 405th and get injured, it is possible that the staff here could be found liable. (Or the person above who suggested X layers of fibreglass and Bondo. Has he tested these formally?) Therefore such discussions are normally closed and deleted when found by an administrator.

In short, if you enjoy airsoft or paintball, that is great! But please take discussion of your hobby to an appropriate forum. This is a forum to help you create a costume, not protective equipment.

If you aren't convinced, watch this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back