About To Start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartancaboose

Okay, so i have some questions. (I looked everywhere to try and find the answers and they might still be out there)

1. To glue the cardstock together, what type of glue should i use?

2. Should i spread the peices out so i can see all of them on the paper?

I'm new to all this so if anyone could help that would be great!

most glues are fine, but apperently the 'best' are ether superglue or elmers glue, whichever your more comphetable with. :)

as for the peices on the paper, if you mean, should they be overlapping or not then they should definatly not be overlapping.

Whatever you are going to start with needs to be scaled to you and your measurements. You can rearrange the pieces on the paper before you print so that you can see all of it.

spartancaboose said:
Okay, so i have some questions. (I looked everywhere to try and find the answers and they might still be out there)

1. To glue the cardstock together, what type of glue should i use?

I'm new to all this so if anyone could help that would be great!

Well I use 110 lb 250 sheets card stock at Staples.

I use metal DUCT tape from hame depot.(Most people use supper glue or hot glue.)

The pep I make is filled and used as a mold for vac-u-forming.

I get mine in a PDF format BUT see all of them on the paper sounds good to me.

Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, scaling depends on whose file I'm using. Usually I just measure the body part and scale the pep to fit. It might take one or two tries but is fairly accurate (in my experience). Make sure you read all the stickies.

FS - did you get the file converted?

spartancaboose said:
When re-arranging the pieces, make sure that they're all within the dotted line margins.

EDIT:
spartancaboose said:
ya its a pdo
No. He meant "depends on who made the file." The scaling will vary depending on who created the pdo file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back