Advice for next year please x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomSG13

Jr Member
For next Halloween, er I mean haloween, I want to finish two suits. One for me and one for the wife (Subsequently I also want to have these done for next football season too). But, I am at a bit of a crossroads, on the one hand I like the purity of a standard Mark VI armor, but then on the other hand I'd like people to be able to tell that it's my wife and not just a much slighter dude. I think I know which way I am leaning, but really would like feedback from all the great people here. Should I make 2 Mark VIs, or one regular Master Chief and one Mistress Chief?

And of course, any and all advice is welcome as well.

P.S. I'm aiming for next year, because there is no way in H E double hockey sticks I could finish it sooner, school and work eat up my time pretty well as of late.

there are lady spartan pep files.

donno if that helps any. i have them on my comp. they were in the pep pack i downloaded for the knife.

Well if you wanna be able to tell its a girl go with the mistress chief armor lol. Like leet said, there's a set in the all-in-one pep pack but its not unfolded. I woulda given it a shot for my girlfriend but I'm TERRIBLE at unfolding pep.

but then on the other hand I'd like people to be able to tell that it's my wife and not just a much slighter dude.

If you want her to be instantly recognisable as female, make her a suit that is associated with a female Spartan. Kat comes to mind here.

But then again, most people who know enough about Halo to actually notice, will also know that there are female Spartans and wearing a Mark VI doesn't imply any gender.

You could also try a partner-look. Like one half of a big, red heart on each suit or something :)

Yeah, I won't be unfolding. I can barely put this stuff together, my computer literacy as far as pepakura goes is I can hit print ;)

Thanks for advice though. At first I thought about playing into the whole Master Chief & Samus Aran approach, but I mean come on, Halo is just way cooler.

And yeah, that's the problem I have ventrue, if you know anything about Halo you know armor doesn't come gender specific. I think if I throw a midriff in there somewhere that may solve the issue.

All great advice and leads though, thanks guys from the feedback so far

if you choose more "girly" colors it will make people think its a female. not trying to be sexist here but its easier to tell if they are female in a spartan suit if they accent the curves ie make the waist area more noticeable, since that is essentially how you tell the female noble 6 from the male.

heres some advice from someone who has built the mk vi:
a female in this suit will look like a guy..
i mean you could go with some custom colours to make it seem more like a female is wearing it :)

i know HaloGoddess has made some female parts of the mk vi, the are slimmer and more fitting for a female build but still looks like a mk vi!

The only thing I saw different in Kat's armor that made me think of her as female was that the difference in the waist to chest ratio. It looked like a robotic hour-glass figure. It's almost as if her Ab armor was bult for speed and her chest armor were built for strength.

Also, and I can't verify this, but I saw a screenshot that appeared to have the butt plate armor removed or made the same color as the undersuit, which would imply a rounder booty area (?)

So perhaps if youre willing to overlook screen acurracy, you can proportion the female armor scaling so that the thigh armor and the chest armor are slightly larger than the rest.

Viola` Figure-Eight

heres some advice from someone who has built the mk vi:
a female in this suit will look like a guy..
i mean you could go with some custom colours to make it seem more like a female is wearing it :)

i know HaloGoddess has made some female parts of the mk vi, the are slimmer and more fitting for a female build but still looks like a mk vi!

Mh, maybe I should have a look at her models, skinny as I am.

But anyways, J326 does have a point, gender recognition always works via the male and female body shapes when it comes to armour. Wouldn't it be possible to kind of "remodel" the suit a bit? I'm thinking kind of like this:

markvifemshape.jpg

Keep in mind that I couldn't edit the Chief's wide shoulders and narrow hip away... but I suppose you get what I mean.

You could also try do trick people using colours. This has been a popular marketing strategy here for the last few years, especially for things that come in a bottle: The bottle gets a label that seems to resemble a female body, tricking men into thinking it's the most attractive bottle ever (that's my theory, anyways):

Bad-vilbeler-Urquelle-natur.jpg

I like the hour-glass approach, might take a lil finagling but that could be good. I don't want to be so obvious as to just make the chest piece ungodly large, but tapering the waist and accentuating the hip\waist area is a great idea. And like so many of you have said, pinks and soft blues will help sell it too

well from the descriptions of the book and the way they look in halo legends, female spartan 2s cant really be distinguished from male since they are all injected with steroids on crack so they look more like female body builders (the ones that obviously take steroids) and add on the mjolnir which was designed to have a standard concept there goes gender distinguishing out the window. I guess reach wanted to change that perception and made female Spartans more curvy. so if all else fails you can attach a balloon or a sign with "I'M A GIRL" written on it. lol

i suggest just using the mistress torso piece for genders sake, skin or under suit. it really doesnt matter itll get the point across. i think her name is almostanangel, but she has the female file peped so that should mean that its been unfolded, try talking to her.

btw i noticed that your in DFW. what county? be awesome to know someone local

Thanks for all the feedback ya'll. I think I'll end up making it not-by-the-books\series since I figure there are a lot more lay halo fans then there are us oh so wisely informed bunch ;) so mistress chief it'll be (Now getting the wife to agree to it. I'll get chocolate first)

There really isn't a lot out there as far as unfolded female armor goes, I even tried giving into other genre like Samus, but still not much to find. Thankfully, it really does just come down to the torso and belt pieces, the rest are very uni-sex including the oh so iconic helmet. I was even talking this over with the ball and chain and she had some good insight too and how important it will be just to make feminine lines and accentuate the Vs (Like all the helpful hourglass people said)

Oh, and for all who are with me here in the DFW area, I live in Grand Prairie, so I am literally about 100 yards from the Dallas and Tarrent county lines. School at TCU (If you couldn't guess by my out and about pics) and work in Dallas so I'm all around town kinda guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back