Airsoft or Paintball

• Airsoft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paintball

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be doing either paintball or airsoft this summer/spring.

which should I do?

my mom and dad said only 1 of the 2 options.

I say airsoft because its cheap AND fun!

and please put some
links and ideas for guns and gear!

They're both fun and different. I said airsoft because I'm an airsofter. Not a paintballer. But don't be fooled, airsoft can rake up a large amount of money depending on how "hardcore" you want to get

i'd say airsoft hands down. i've been into both, and airsoft was cheaper and faster for just going to my friends and starting up a match. Plus, you have to do more laundry with paintball :p.

Airsoft easy. The guns are more realistic (if you go for realism), cheaper, and it's by rights a military simulation sport. Plus paintball guns are usually more clunky, heavy and not very realistic. Paintball can get pretty hardcore, especially if you're into the whole "You gotta feel it to enjoy it" kinda thing.

But personally, I'd pick airsoft as that is the cheapest and most realistic of the two. Just my 2 cents worth.

I like airsoft and paintball. Currently, I'm into paintball, and in my opinion, its more enjoyable. I guess a big turnoff to me is people cheating. Don't get me wrong, cheating happens alot in paintball, but its easier to catch them cause they have to wipe the paint off. Hey if your starting out, go airsoft, thats what I did. Its wayyy cheaper, more realistic (if you like realism), doesn't hurt as bad (usually), and can be played almost anywhere. Downsides are that you have to play with players who have sportsmanship since its easy to cheat, paranoid neighbors might call the cops on you, and some parents think its too realistic/dont like the idea of kids shooting each other with lifelike firearms. Thats my $0.02
Also, paintball is alot more common where I live (heck, smart parts headquarters is only an hour away from me), and I dont think there are any commercial fields strictly for airsoft around here.

Spartan 169 said:
"You gotta feel it to enjoy it" kinda thing.

Paintball for that exact reason. Its harder to cheat, and its a fully sponsored and regulated sport (speed ball/woods ball) i dont think there is an airsoft league.

If your worried about realism and not about cash, then you can go for a RAP4 set up, but i favor the Tippman A5 (cuz im a woods baller) id use a bob long if i was into speeds ball.

http://www.specialopspaintball.com/

http://rap4.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Paint ball all the way :D
If you want a gun stay with a tippman ( i have a 98 custom i highly recommend)

Bull3t said:
Paint ball all the way :D
If you want a gun stay with a tippman ( i have a 98 custom i highly recommend)

Tippman are the best! i like my A5 because of the electronic loading system.

Airsoft is a poser way of paintball. It doesnt hurt. Go paint ball its way more fun. Get a team and enter a tourney and its even better! I love my PM6 (proto matrix 2006) It shoots darts and im a speed ball player. I love it with my halo hopper and my crossfire tank. It pwns airsoft! Any way heres a link to airsoft and paint ball gear i love this site! i buy here

Enjoy!

Xavier said:
Tippman are the best! i like my A5 because of the electronic loading system.
I thought the A5's loading system was gas operated? Yeah I have a 98c with the flatline, awesome for woodsball, but I have to hide in a corner all by myself for speedball games....I wish i had $325 for a Mini.

ANd there are paintball forms that are selling tose used for cheap. I saw one on ebay go for like $250. Ill let you know if i find one cheap.(mini)

IMO, airsoft hands down.

Mainly because I prefer the more realistic guns (although I've seen realistic paintball guns, but they still have to have that huge hopper).

Springs are probably the cheapest, unless you get insanely high quality Tokyo Marui ones.

I'm mainly an AEG user (vs. spring or GBB), and I have a Tokyo Marui P90.

Classic Army has just come out with a "Sportline" series; which are more affordable, but the only gun they have in that series right now is the M15/A4, which my dad got at Airsoft Extreme for around $133 total.

Seems like a good way to go, if you have an Airsoft Extreme near you. They also have a website.

Paintball for me :) I've never really gotten into airsoft, too expensive to get good stuff down here (and no autos :() and, as others have said, it's not as easy to cheat.

I've got a Warsensor WS-66 and Armotech G-1 as my primary's and a couple of spyder types for messing around with :)

it really depends on what your're into...

i picked airsoft because it is cheaper and more realistic, however paintball is fun in its own way, and its WAY harder to cheat when playing paintball...

id use airsoft cause paintball, if u dont have equipent, it hurts like hell and it get on ur clothes, but airsoft doesnt hurt that much even with a t-shirt on.

iamyourcousin228 said:
Airsoft is a poser way of paintball. It doesnt hurt. Go paint ball its way more fun. Get a team and enter a tourney and its even better! I love my PM6 (proto matrix 2006) It shoots darts and im a speed ball player. I love it with my halo hopper and my crossfire tank. It pwns airsoft! Any way heres a link to airsoft and paint ball gear i love this site! i buy here

Enjoy!

Woh woh woh! That's just the kind of attitude that makes me hate paintballers! Don't get me wrong, I like paintball the time I played it, but the players can be kind of... one sided. Hell one paintballer got in a fight with me at school. He also went straight to the ground and a week later got a "sudden interest in airsoft"

I'm trying to keep my cool here, but airsoft in no way is a "poser way of paintball". For one, airsoft was first. Two, they're totally different forms of gameplay. Three, the guns are different. Paintball has tons of pros but so does airsoft, so how about you get the paint out of your head and lighten up.

P99_Black.jpg

rap4_special_edition.jpg

Those are as real as fake guns get. and they arnt airsoft, nor do they have a hopper. this is whats used for training the military when they dont want to use lasers or real bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back