Airsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
wel;l first instead of a visor we would have metal cageing like on other Airsoft masks and behind that we are going to have saftey glasses on just incase.......but i know all about safty...... i really didnt want to do it anyways i think it would be too hard to use in battle anyways

Yeah well it could fog. And there's always the risk a series of BB strike thru your helmet, for the side for example.

It would make communication alot more complex too :p

Psycho610 said:
wel;l first instead of a visor we would have metal cageing like on other Airsoft masks and behind that we are going to have saftey glasses on just incase.......but i know all about safty...... i really didnt want to do it anyways i think it would be too hard to use in battle anyways

Exactly. We're not trying to bring you down, just saying that it would be expensive and extremely dangerous, both to you and the 405th. There is no sure-fire way to make anything BB/paintball proof, so your best bet is to not do it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
LastSpartan said:
A) Is your helmet ANSI-approved. No? Then, it's not safe.

:coolWhy the heck would you play with 500 fps rifles?

we run 400-500 for just aeg's here in so cal and snipers are even more up to 600 but thats just us.

spartan-087 said:
we run 400-500 for just aeg's here in so cal and snipers are even more up to 600 but thats just us.

i thought 600 is illegal? it is in canada at least

ye Thats where i play is in so cal, mostly only the higher FPS rates around 500/600 are for the snipers... Mostly the AR's and MG's are around 450,

but thats cuz we are hardcore

Actually a model helmet can be fitted for Airsoft games, but it takes work. I did some research on this before and actualy made a helmet intended for airsoft games.

First I experimented with hot glue and epoxy, with support and with out support of the fabric.

Rsults are here

test1.jpg

As you can see the 380fps shot moves right thru.

I figured that much stronger material is needed. For my project I did a DOOM game solder helmet. it has a lot of straight surfaces and not much bends. I used sheet metal 1 mm thick, cut each segment individualy and glued them with hot glue to each of the helmet segments. For areas around the edges and nose I used 3mm modeling platic, which can be found in any modeling hobby shop sold in sheets.

The helmet looked like this

helm1.jpg

Here is a closer look

helm2.jpg

There are a lot of edges and corners left that need to be milled.

To make the helmet more solid I used latex rubber. That white stuf on the helmet, that is latex. Latex combined with metal support under it, works very good the bbs bounse off it. If you use just latex it gets shot thru at close ranges.

The most important thing the visor, I cut out the plastic construction face shield, which holds bb shots with no problem.

I was thinking of making mine out of a titanium alloy with a gel layer sandwiched between, with environmental control systems. The helmet will feature a bulletproof visor and a full HUD. I was also thinking of buying the neural implants that I saw some guy selling in an alley in downtown St. Louis...

EDIT: Don't know if it'll stand up to an airsoft bb, haven't tested it yet. Sorry.

Jason225 said:
I was thinking of making mine out of a titanium alloy with a gel layer sandwiched between, with environmental control systems. The helmet will feature a bulletproof visor and a full HUD. I was also thinking of buying the neural implants that I saw some guy selling in an alley in downtown St. Louis...

EDIT: Don't know if it'll stand up to an airsoft bb, haven't tested it yet. Sorry.

that seems overly expensive?

yeah my hubby's guns are between 275-465 right now and one of the 3 snipers will soon be up to 600. but he went and played a game up in Stockton CA and it was a indoor field with 400 for aeg's with min 25 no engagement and pistols can be pretty much what ever and is 25-0 feet. so the states are alot different when it comes to airsoft. even the European players say we are cowboys with our FPS yes my hubby is a major player with his own team lol. so he tells me alot and also im getting into airsoft so i am reading alot of mags on it.we went to our local AEX(airsoft extreme) and we saw a guy there that was buying an MP7 to make into the SMG and was paying 2K for an ODST suit for airsoft we told him that was way to much and he said no it was not cuz of the cost for resin and stuff. which we laughed and told him no its not since we are on here and building 2 odst and 2 MK V suits. and we told him he will destroy his suit n at least the first day if not the first month and he still would not listen.i am not saying that i am for using halo armor for airsoft but it would be kool just not a good idea.

yea i know the armor wouldn't work unless you made it with the right stuff i am a MILSIM player in CA and it is pretty hard not to bump around but if you used the right materials and have the money you can do anything... But it would be hard to use anyways they are all kinda bulky and restrictive...

but, I think if you had a helmet with right materials and regular gear it would be cool

CMON!! You can't say Having full MARPAT or ACU gear and have the ODST helmet painted the same wouldn't be a total Kick*** thing!

Psycho610 said:
CMON!! You can't say Having full MARPAT or ACU gear and have the ODST helmet painted the same wouldn't be a total Kick*** thing!

We're not saying it wouldnt kick***, in fact I bet anyone on here would absolutely love to do it. But doing so would risk the continuation of both those sports, and a darker light we dont want to see on this forum. Unless you really do plan on using military grade materials and have TONS of EXPERIENCES creating stuff like this, it is completely irresponsible and disrespectful to both those sports and this forum. We get it, we understand that wearing something like that would be awesome, and (from what i can see) we would all want to try it. But we have also have this little thing holding us back because we respect those sports and this forum. that is the entire point of this debate.

I know thats why is i said

"yea i know the armor wouldn't work unless you made it with the right stuff i am a MILSIM player in CA and it is pretty hard not to bump around but if you used the right materials and have the money you can do anything... But it would be hard to use anyways they are all kinda bulky and restrictive...

but, I think if you had a helmet with right materials and regular gear it would be cool"

Jason225 said:

I get it. Very clever.

"yea i know the armor wouldn't work unless you made it with the right stuff i am a MILSIM player in CA and it is pretty hard not to bump around but if you used the right materials and have the money you can do anything... But it would be hard to use anyways they are all kinda bulky and restrictive...

but, I think if you had a helmet with right materials and regular gear it would be cool"

Then do you agree with us? Getting the "right materials and gear" will cost you a small fortune which you'd be giving to your friends so they could kill themselves in one way or another, and blame the 405th for their woes. If you don't mind the risk of the 405th getting enormously negative publicity, I can only imagine the reception you'll get.

Ghost147 said:
that seems overly expensive?

Nah, all I gotta do is revert myself back to the age of 6, become a perfect physical and mental specimen, time travel 500 years into the future, get kidnapped by a bunch of scientists and forcefully conscripted into the United Nations Space Command, pass training, survive the neural implants, and BOOM! I got full armor that may or may not survive a hit from an airsoft BB. I'll make sure that I come back in time to show all you guys.

Jason225 said:
Nah, all I gotta do is revert myself back to the age of 6, become a perfect physical and mental specimen, time travel 500 years into the future, get kidnapped by a bunch of scientists and forcefully conscripted into the United Nations Space Command, pass training, survive the neural implants, and BOOM! I got full armor that may or may not survive a hit from an airsoft BB. I'll make sure that I come back in time to show all you guys.

At least you won't have to paint on the battle damage. WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back