actually this is what I have built so far
Screenshot (22).png
Screenshot (24).png
Screenshot (26).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    190.7 KB · Views: 291
And here are all of the new pieces all fitted and formed. The legs and codpiece are new, and I added an ab plate. It's a little too high in this picture, the torso kind of hides it. Unsurprisingly I'm still unsatisfied XD . I'd like to remake the helmet out of foam some day, make it a bit smaller, and remake the chest plate out of foam and find a better way to hook it to myself . But with nowhere to apply plastidip or airbrush for the forseeable future I don't know if that will happen any time soon. Honestly I wouldn't even know where to begin making a helmet out of foam.
IMG_0211.JPEG
IMG_0209.JPEG
IMG_0211.JPEG
IMG_0209.JPEG
IMG_0210.JPEG

I think that your suit looks incredible. It just needs some color and a few details added that you could easily do with foamier. Painting and weathering is my speciality so I will help you. Also if you can afford it, look up noble 6 helmet on Etsy by Jim McCrea. He makes a cast of the helmet and in my opinion there will never be one as good and as accurate as that.

I think that your suit looks incredible. It just needs some color and a few details added that you could easily do with foamier. Painting and weathering is my speciality so I will help you. Also if you can afford it, look up noble 6 helmet on Etsy by Jim McCrea. He makes a cast of the helmet and in my opinion there will never be one as good and as accurate as that.
Yeah I know that casts are the way to go. It just feels like cheating. Like I would feel bad wearing it if I didn't make it myself. I will probably still buy a cast helmet some day though.
My painting and weathering skills are very basic. As you see here I did several coats of a dark grey, and attempted to shade the darker areas, thought it is difficult to see because the armor is already do dark. Then I added a bunch of scratches for wear and tear.

Yeah I know that casts are the way to go. It just feels like cheating. Like I would feel bad wearing it if I didn't make it myself. I will probably still buy a cast helmet some day though.
My painting and weathering skills are very basic. As you see here I did several coats of a dark grey, and attempted to shade the darker areas, thought it is difficult to see because the armor is already do dark. Then I added a bunch of scratches for wear and tear.

I can definitely understand the viewpoint of feeling like a Cast could be cheating. I guess when I was building my noble 6 suit I wanted it to look the absolute best it could. And his noble 6 cast is flawless. There’s just nothing anyone could do to make one better. As for the painting goes....

im Going to explain this further in a tutorial I’m making for painting but the colors you choose are everything! People don’t realize the importance of color and how they effect one another. I think grey is a great base, but you need a light color to offset it. You need different types of dark and light dirt pigment to differentiate grime from settled dirt/sand. Here is an example of a anvil grey suit I am painting for my brother. The accents are a light cement grey that I painted in latex paint so that i could chip off some when dried with a penny. Here are the results after SPONGING brushed aluminum paint on the armor instead of dry brushing. As well as mud and wrought iron for weathering. These methods combined On your suit would make a world of a difference

Attachments

• 9FABAF07-F280-4503-BC99-61076B4F2572.jpeg
    9FABAF07-F280-4503-BC99-61076B4F2572.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
  • C66A4124-3413-48AA-BA7C-B2F27A24C053.jpeg
    C66A4124-3413-48AA-BA7C-B2F27A24C053.jpeg
    856.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 12DD7EF6-CA0D-4B5F-9996-E8C1FD62405C.jpeg
    12DD7EF6-CA0D-4B5F-9996-E8C1FD62405C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
I can definitely understand the viewpoint of feeling like a Cast could be cheating. I guess when I was building my noble 6 suit I wanted it to look the absolute best it could. And his noble 6 cast is flawless. There’s just nothing anyone could do to make one better. As for the painting goes....

im Going to explain this further in a tutorial I’m making for painting but the colors you choose are everything! People don’t realize the importance of color and how they effect one another. I think grey is a great base, but you need a light color to offset it. You need different types of dark and light dirt pigment to differentiate grime from settled dirt/sand. Here is an example of a anvil grey suit I am painting for my brother. The accents are a light cement grey that I painted in latex paint so that i could chip off some when dried with a penny. Here are the results after SPONGING brushed aluminum paint on the armor instead of dry brushing. As well as mud and wrought iron for weathering. These methods combined On your suit would make a world of a difference
So have you built any of your suit or is it all cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back