Andrews AFB Joint Service Open House 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spitfire22V

Hi everyone! As a HUGE aviation fan, this weekend I took a break from armor making and went to Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland to check out the annual air show. Like previous years, it was amazing!

This time around though, I had a much better camera with me, and decided to share some of the hundreds of photos I took! :cool

All photos were taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T1I with a 250mm telephoto zoom lens.

Enjoy!

(Apologies for the watermark, I hope it doesn't distract too much)

F/A-18C Hornet and F4U Corsair in joint "Warrior Flight" formation
IMG_4784.jpg

Darth Vader on the tail of a EA-6B Prowler
IMG_4792.jpg

Antonov An-124. A giant tube!
IMG_4798.jpg

My first time seeing "FIFI", the world's only flying B-29 Superfortress! Was a pleasant surprise to see her here, especially after her years-long engine overhaul, making her absent from the airshow circuit.
IMG_4800.jpg

A-10 Warthog
IMG_4829.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

Thunderbird #2 on the ramp
IMG_4881.jpg

F-15E Strike Eagle
IMG_4940.jpg

"Heritage Flight" formation: F-15, A-10, and P-51D Mustang
IMG_4963.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4995.jpg

And finally, the Thunderbirds! I'll just let the photos do the talking...
IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

Jesus on skates!! Those planes are amazing! You shouldave' flown there in a falcon to represent the 405th community! :D

Glad you guys liked the photos! I've never taken such good ones before since I've never had access to such a good camera, so I tend to look over them and think to myself "Wow, I took these!" ;)

You're never too old for airshows! The Blue Angels are usually the main performers at the JSOH, at least they have been the other years I've been. Don't know why they couldn't make it this year, but the Thunderbirds were great too.

Speaking of representing the 405th, I saw someone dressed in a full Ironman costume at the show. I think I remember seeing him last year too. Too bad my Mark VI isn't finished, but there's always next year! :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back