Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way i can see it not being his fault is if when he shipped it it sat in a truck or a warehouse for a few days where it heated and warped the pieces cause if i'm not mistaken the pieces are subject to heat right? but yea still unacceptable

That's not just heat damage/poor shipping - I've seen how flexible casts can get when overheated (especially when painted black and left in the Florida sun) and that's not it. No matter how deformed a piece gets, it will not become magically paper-thin. Nor will heat cause plastic to "un-cure" to the point that the pieces become that sticky. I'm sorry to say it but that is just crappy workmanship from someone who obviously didn't give a damn. Whether they felt "rushed" or not is irrelevant. Poor casts with the minimal amount of plastic used (and mixed improperly to boot).

This was not a "freebie" or a "give away" set of armor - as soon as payment changed hands it became a business arrangement and should have been treated as such. It speaks well of the community that everyone is willing to give the seller the benefit of the doubt but sometimes "it is what it is".

Occam's Razor applies:

“The simplest explanation for a phenomenon is most likely the correct explanation."

Hopefully whoever it is will man up and make it right for Dave...

oh i know about the paper thin part i was just saying for the warpage is all...i think any time armor or props are sold they should be sold and somehow put in a controlled environment not just oh hey a box in a truck or warehouse you know?

This person is doing his best right now to rectify the situation. He is being very professional and understanding. So far so good.

Ithica

I now I'm a noob, but I understand your frustration Ithica (working at Best Buy). Customers deserve the best and they should get it. I am sorry about this deal gone bad and hope everything turns out right in the end.

By the way, how does a mold get that thin? I don't think I've ever seen them like that before.

even if it did warp in the mail he was suppose to trim, anyway hope you get it sorted out and either get your xbox back or some awsome armour, best of luck to you

I hope this gets resolved Ithica, I really do. I admire you calmness since this is a thing that some of the community has seen and I wish I could have the same amount of calm when it comes to a problem like this. If it were me though and I'm not saying this is what you should do, Because this is merely how I feel is that you should go to him and yell and raise HOLY HELL about thist and drive back home. But as I said that's what I FEEL LIKE I WOULD DO BUT DON'T BECAUSE THAT NEVER SOLVES ANYTHING. Just my two-cents.

MstrCllst240 said:
By the way, how does a mold get that thin? I don't think I've ever seen them like that before.

I think that you mean "cast" not "mould" but assuming it was slush-cast (as most pieces like this are) it means that not enough plastic was used or that the covereage was poor in those areas. Larger pieces are usually done in several layers to creat the thickness required - those areas just weren't built up appropriately...

I'm glad to hear that it is being handled - good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back