anime movie and shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxleader

Sr Member
now I love DBZ and hunterxhunter, and full metal alchemist, and a number of other shows out there both new and old.

but I'd like to hear what you guys like to watch out side of the sit coms and big budget movies.

as for me I like evanglion, princess monoka, appleseed (all moives.), spirt away, ghost in the shell, Dragon ball,z, gt(only when it was out), super, and zoids just to name a few.

so please share what show and movies you like both now and when you where younger.

My top 5 anime shows
  1. Black Lagoon
  2. Requiem for the Phantom
  3. Gunslinger Girl
  4. Highschool of the Dead
  5. Kill la Kill
I don't really watch shows anymore so some of these are super old in terms of anime. I kind of just binge things when I'm knocked out by sickness and can't leave the couch:whistle: Most of my knowledge of current stuff comes from memes and cosplay friends. What's good in the most recent seasons?

I’m a guy of animes that want to make your cry, sympathize with the characters and/or really make you piece all the details together.

I liked the movie Your Name and the series Erased.

I think there was a couple I enjoyed, but they dont really stand out.

Funnily enough though, my law lecturer suggested hunter x hunter and damn did i love the final arc.

the ant one is what i meant also
went on forever. think it was the last one
I personally dont think the Chimera Ant arc was bad, it was stretched over 60 eps, but the prior arcs weren’t considered appealing to most of the fanbase, thus why the original 1999 series was cancelled.

As for the majority thoughts on the arc, every forums i’ve seen talk about it was overwhelmingly positive, and the occasional few who disliked it were bombarded with fans calling them “Not true fans” etc.

I liked the character developement and the surprise of established characters being killed off.

I think the more interesting aspect was Gon slowly turning into the monsters he hates.

That’s just my two cents.

In other words, I prefer that a series takes its time to tell a story, aslong as the story is good and makes you wonder about each ep. But I believe the hate for the series was from those who waited for a new ep each week and were dissappointed in the slow developement, unlike me who could binge watch because of being introduced so late (No, i’m not including those shonen jump animes that go on for 1000 episodes)

I personally dont think the Chimera Ant arc was bad, it was stretched over 60 eps, but the prior arcs weren’t considered appealing to most of the fanbase, thus why the original 1999 series was cancelled.

I liked the character developement and the surprise of established characters being killed off.

I think the more interesting aspect was Gon slowly turning into the monsters he hates.

But I believe the hate for the series was from those who waited for a new ep each week and were dissappointed in the slow developement
the 1999 one basically just got through the trials and magic. i thought that it was much better in art personally. especially the battleship trial that was left out of the new one.
i was fine with people getting killed off but kite turning into a girl was disturbing.
also yes, i hate waiting through slow development where basically nothing happens. and i dont like to see main characters turn into monsters (although its fun to write things where that happens.)

You know that Rakin Bass stop-motion Rudolph was filmed in Japan? Technically animu! (in the opening credits you can see "Burl Ives" credited as "Buri Ives, a bit of Engrish silliness going on there).

KONYA WA HURRICANE!

Any Bubblegum Crisis fans?

lately I started reading "That time i got reincarnated as a slime." Its pretty good, i cant find the original books anywhere though
(it also has a good anime that's currently airing.)
has anyone else been watching/reading this?

lately I started reading "That time i got reincarnated as a slime." Its pretty good, i cant find the original books anywhere though
(it also has a good anime that's currently airing.)
has anyone else been watching/reading this?
I have been watching Slime. I am enjoying it as well.
The other recent shows I have watch that I enjoyed are Made in Abyss and Saga of Tanya the Evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back