Another Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is pointless. tell us how you plan to make your armor and approach and stuff then it wont be as useless as a topic.

but hi. every question you need to know has been answered on this site. make sure you use the search bar and read the stickes. then last ask questions you still dont get. welcome and happy armor making

well i have to agree that this is useless, but other forums have topics and sections where you can introduce yourself, which is a pretty good idea.

also, hi welcome

iamyourcousin228 said:
and then you are here because?

Gotta start somewhere
and some friends of mine are making armor & weapons & said I could help

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so you will help then when you want you will make some? Cool thats a plan now im happy you answered my question.

what does this thread deliver?

...wow...I love how a noob joins and introduces himself and some of you guys jump all over him...if I recall Bishopx and I were noobs at one time as well and we recieved the same treatment...

...if you guys want to be taken seriously as an organization this behavior must not be tolerated and stop the BS of slamming people...essentially making them feel unwelcome...

...BTW Nathan is a very active 501st member with insane painting skills...in his collection: TK - stormtrooper, Imperial Commando - Ghannt, Clonetrooper, and an RoTJ Boba Fett...he has done many high profile Lucas Film events...so all in all I would say he is more seasoned then most on this forum...

slavefive said:
...wow...I love how a noob joins and introduces himself and some of you guys jump all over him...if I recall Bishopx and I were noobs at one time as well and we recieved the same treatment...

...if you guys want to be taken seriously as an organization this behavior must not be tolerated and stop the BS of slamming people...essentially making them feel unwelcome...

I totally agree. I had a very bad reception when I first arrived. If it wasn't for such Ones as Adam and Sean running this place and being such up-standing guys I wouldnt have bothered posting a second time.

Stop being so hostile people.

seriously guys, way to treat noobs.... i dont think any of us older members treated you newer guys like this.

slavefive said:

...BTW Nathan is a very active 501st member with insane painting skills...in his collection: TK - stormtrooper, Imperial Commando - Ghannt, Clonetrooper, and an RoTJ Boba Fett...he has done many high profile Lucas Film events...so all in all I would say he is more seasoned then most on this forum...

There's more and more of you established guys with recognizable screennames coming to the 405th. It's nice to see the amazing talent joining, and it is too bad seeing members jumping all over you.

Chill out guys, just because somebody is required to post in the 'noob forum' doesn't at all mean that they are a noob. Why don't you see what they've got to say before trashing them. Even if they're just saying hi.

Welcome aboard Nathan.

Xavier said:
seriously guys, way to treat noobs.... i dont think any of us older members treated you newer guys like this.

Oh yea your right mate. It's always the kids that give you a hard time round here. Its funny cos you can usually tell a 16+ straight away as they're not the ones being cocky.

slave1pilot said:
I'm new
Name's nathan

Welcome to the site Nathan, sorry you were met with hostility. If theres anything we can do to help you please let us know... I am more than glad to help out new people and point them in the right direction.

We used to have a 'Introduce Yourself' section for exactly this kind of thing, but it was axed due to need for more forum divisions. Some current members probably aren't aware of that.

BTW, members here need to be a teensy bit more friendly and welcoming and remember that we're trying to grow a community, not defend our base.

Well, if you can't just say hello to a noob in their "hello" thread then just don't post. Seriously lame. Leave them alone or just say hello. Answer a question if they have one even if that same question has been answered. There are ways to just tell them to look for info before posting questions without being an a$$. If you are that annoyed with the same questions or no questions then stay out of the noob category. It's simple.

Nathan happens to be one of the better armor painters that I have seen (not as good as me :p) and he would be someone I would think you would want here.

Cool. Which is he? Jabba or Boba? J/k, J/k relax. :p
Seriously cool costume though.
This just goes to show our point, Don't jump down a newbies throat, for all you know he/she maybe a Legend in the making.
Ie: BishopX and Slavefive

RedTogusa said:
Cool. Which is he? Jabba or Boba? J/k, J/k relax. :p

...as soon as I posted the pic I knew someone would not be able to resist...and the Boba Fett was a good costume too...LoL!!!!

:lol:

Word @ Slavefive

The guy is new, its good etiquette to introduce yourself in a forum. He is just saying hello. Be nice children.

slavefive said:
...as soon as I posted the pic I knew someone would not be able to resist...and the Boba Fett was a good costume too...LoL!!!!

:lol:

What's it that someone said? 'The obvious jokes are the best ones.'
........or maybe not
It was a little low wasn't it.
Note to self: work on sucky humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back