Another ODST, I'm finishing it this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaviness isn't a problem. So I'll go with Rondo for bigger stuff; Chestplate and helmet. And fiberglass for the smaller stuff; Shoulders, Equipment plates, etc.

Yeah! Sure.
I've been sending this helmet to so many people. Lol.
I'm definitely gonna redo it, though. It's far too big for my head.
Resin and Bondo this friday! I'm so excited.

Update;
Due to RIDICULOUSLY Heavy Rain, Lack of glue, no funding, and many other things, I am currently unable to finish this project. :(
I'm not happy about this, not one bit! This completely ruined my goal of finishing for the Reach Midnight Release.

Update/ Triple post. haha.
Tomorrow, I resin! And hopefully Rondo!
DSC00432.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

Got everything I need, hopefully. Last time I resined, I didn't have the respirator, only a facemask with a filter.

you could edit previous posts rather than multiple posting. also, i see you are from Massachusetts. I thought i was the only one. the pieces look good, they will need very little work. the only thing i recommend is that you wear gloves, less messy and you won't get rashes or burns on your skin

it's really looking awesome!
try not resining on the grass though, I usually get bugs and such stuck to the piece :p

Looks good so far. Although in my opinion your forearms look a little big. And the WETA pep file is too boxy (not like thats your fault :p again thats just me)

you could edit previous posts rather than multiple posting. also, i see you are from Massachusetts. I thought i was the only one. the pieces look good, they will need very little work. the only thing i recommend is that you wear gloves, less messy and you won't get rashes or burns on your skin
Don't kill me, but I'm way too lazy to edit posts. :p
And, YES! Another guy from MA! I do wear gloves, I just took them off cause my mom called.

it's really looking awesome!
try not resining on the grass though, I usually get bugs and such stuck to the piece :p
Haha. I know about the bugs. xD I found that out yesterday.

Looks good so far. Although in my opinion your forearms look a little big. And the WETA pep file is too boxy (not like thats your fault :p again thats just me)
Yeah. The forearms are a little big, but I'm hard pressed for time, so I'm not going to fix them. And, I didn't use a pep file, I scratchbuilt the whole thing! :)

While you shouldn't glass in grass, don't even THINK about doing it in sand. You can't pop it off, you've gotta cut through it. And, it's not even that easy. The sand-filled resin wears out cutoff heads on a dremel so quickly. I went through 3 heads just to cut the sand crap off my chest plate.

I tried to use sand underneath my pieces while I glassed them, to counteract warping, due to weight. Didn't help much, and it tripled my trimming work.

I never thought sand was a good idea, haha.
So, no worries.
And, sorry guys, no update tonight. Gotta take a break (Until tomorrow).

Small update. Went out and bought paint last night.
But no real progress on the armor. I'm a bit busy with other stuff. x.x

UPDATE/TEMPORARY PROJECT CHANGE;
Has anybody seen the new live action trailer?
I took this screenshot.
REACHODSTS.png

I'm going to rig my ODST armor temporarily, to make a costume for this friday (a major nerf war in Salem, MA).

Update. I sanded, painted and finished the shoulders. The chastplate is being rushed, so no bondo on top.
So, I have something to wear friday!
DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

The right shoulder will hold darts, and my combat knife. More pics tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back