any hints??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizander

I've just started playing halo seriosly (as in just bought halo 3) and I'm not very good at all. can anyone give me any hints on how to get better?? is it just practice, practice and even more practice??
thanks

ps yes I know I sound like an insainly huge noob

Learn where all the weapons are on the standard maps and learn every bit of the maps layout.

Always keep moving.

Identify the way other players are playing early on and counter them (if they always go for the shotgun and don't use anything else, then stay out in the open and nail them with the battle rifle)

Watch your radar.

Shoot them in the head.

Don't panic.

"What's the main purpose of the game?"
"Not dying"

So basically, learn the maps, pro's and con's with every weapon, find your own style of play.
Most of all: Adapt. Find a solution to your problem in the game.

1. Always Move Incase of snipers.

2. Go into forge, learn the weapon layout.

3. Aim for the head.

4. Find out witch weapons your good at.

5. Don't Die.

ok so i guess the main thing is: don't die. I kinda already figured that out. :p
oh one more question. how do I change the color of my armor?? how do you get the different varients?? thanks guys

lizander said:
ok so i guess the main thing is: don't die. I kinda already figured that out. :p
oh one more question. how do I change the color of my armor?? how do you get the different varients?? thanks guys

To change your amour and colour press start, then go to options. go to appearance, then go to colour or armour and change it to how you like it :).

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks alot guys. I have 2 more questions: how do you get the different types of armor (scout, hayabusa, odst, etc...) and I foget my other question. I'll post it later when I remeber

Getting the in-game achievements. Ranks in MP are irrelevant. (Cept the Sergeant Rank. That's when you get the Mk. V Helmet).

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Getting the in-game achievements. Ranks in MP are irrelevant. (Cept the Sergeant Rank. That's when you get the Mk. V Helmet).
and lieutenant rank. thats when you get rogue

Ok heres a small guide for Halo called, "Halo And You, How to get from being pwnd to doing the Pwning" by me. Note these are all strategies, hints, and good ways to utilize stuff.

MULTIPLAYER

Basics And Stuff

Ok, so basically always familiarize yourself with the maps. If you know your surroundings better, where the weapons are and stuff, you will have a great advantage on your side( although most people have already memmorized the maps). Always check your radar for any enemies. If you see someone on your radar thats close but you don't see them in the direction the dot is, they're most likely on a different floor above or below you. When your being chased and running away, and are heading for a door( like one of those shield door things in snowbound or epitaph) instead of continuing running, take a step to your right or left as you go through. Sometimes the person chasing you will keep going ahead right passed you which leaves you to either light them up, or "Hit them square in the back, just like John Wayne would"(quote Sarge, RvB) Also, if someone is getting too close to you while unloading the best thing to do is to continue back for like a second then go forward and melee them. Also, NEVER STAND STILL!!( unless your in a concealed location sniping) If you do, then you'll be pretty much dead.

Basics And Stuff Part II, Grenades

Grenades are very essential to and are a key part to complete uber pwnage. Utilizing grenades with your weapons and surrounding can result in multiple ways. The grenades in the game are Frag, Plasma, Spike, and Firebomb. Frags are excellent for taking out enemies combined with weapon fire. Unload on an enemy and throw a frag should make quick work of your target. Now, Plasmas and Spikes are good for a multitude of things. Both can stick to enemy targets and both just plainly pwn. If your planning to stick someone, you should move up, throw, then back off. These grenades have quite some radial blast, and could take down some of your shields if you're too close. Spike grenades are also great for taking out small vehicles like mongooses or ghosts. If a vehicle is coming at you, jump, stick it to the enemy, and they should pass right under you(sometimes) if you jumped at the right time. Flare grenades can take out your enemy in a matter of seconds and are especially usefull against the flood. Just pretty much throw one and it will explode into a small pit of fire that has a radial blast which can affect and set on fire enemies.

Basics And Stuff Part III, Weapons

Ok, so here it is in short. This is going to be a list.

Best Duel Weild Combos
-duel smgs
-duel plasma rifles
-magnum and smg
-duel spikers
-duel maulers(close range)
-mauler and smg( hit them with the smg while moving up and finish them when they're close withe the mauler)
-plasma pistol and smg

Basics And Stuff Part IV, Vehicle Tips

Ok so basically, if your in a vehicle and are getting hit by heavy anti vehicle weapons(such as missle pod or chaingun) the best things to do are: 1) if you see the source of fire, try to take them out. 2) if you cant pinpoint the source of fire the best thing to do is get out before you get killed and head for cover. 3) if you're about to blow, and you see them, try taking them out with your vehicle's explosion. Oh and an extra tip: WATCH OUT FOR TRIP MINES!!! If you're in an area and hear like a "zzzzt zzzzzt zzzzzzzt", then that means theres a trip mine near by. Also the Spartan Laser takes out vehicles in an instant.

So yeah, theres some pointers. ;)

Sigma-LS said:
Learn where all the weapons are on the standard maps and learn every bit of the maps layout.

Always keep moving.

Identify the way other players are playing early on and counter them (if they always go for the shotgun and don't use anything else, then stay out in the open and nail them with the battle rifle)

Watch your radar.

Shoot them in the head.

Don't panic.

hate to do this sigma but one of the key concepts for me when i get kills is not moving, eathier A.sniping B. crouching in a place with shotty/ or sword. of course im good on the run with an ar or sumthing else but yea camping is good to use especcially on the pit

thisismadness2 said:
hate to do this sigma but one of the key concepts for me when i get kills is not moving, eathier A.sniping B. crouching in a place with shotty/ or sword. of course im good on the run with an ar or sumthing else but yea camping is good to use especcially on the pit

Hate to tell you this but Campers are my mortal enemy. I'll go out of my way to hunt down Campers even if it means throwing the match. It may be a legitimate strategy but I feel it's a dishonorable one. Besides I know where all the Campers like to hang out on the pit so I'm extra catious around those locales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back