Anybody want to build me a set of armor? For a price? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstfreek

Hey guys! Im a noob, and i'm looking for an experienced builder to build me a set of Hi Res. ODST armor! If anybody wants to help me out here, shoot me a PM with prices and we shall see where we can go from there! Thanks everybody! :)

This site is meant to teach you how to build armor, 95% of the armor you see was hand made, you want help we can get you help, as far as making it. As for buying a suit, trust me you would be better off making your own, unless you are willing to shell out almost a grand to buy a ready made set. Even then, there is the issue of whether or not the armor will fit. I don't know about you, but honestly, i would rather make armor that i KNOW will fit me then keep my fingers crossed and hope my 500+ dollars were well spent. It takes about 100 dollars if you want to make your own decent set, then if you want to add more detail, the cost goes up depending on what your doing. It may take longer, some trial and error, but you get a sense of pride when you wear something awesome that YOU made. ;)

I had a feeling I was going to get a response like this. And your right. I'll try my hand at making some myself. Any links to ODST armor files? :)

Firstly, read the stickies! They really do help a lot.

As for ODSTs, I'll be a nice guy today and actually provide the link. There are to main sources for high-def ODST files. First there are Hugh's. He has a complete set of armor, and its all accurate and its easy to assemble. The other is Kirrou's files. I don't have the link for his at the moment, but he has an HD helm, chest plate, stomach plate, and the most game accurate gauntlets available. If you want his, use the search function.

Kirrou also has a test for his helmet, which is basically a super low def helm used for sizing.

Take my advice, and do not start with the helmet. Its one of the most difficult pieces, and its the one you want to look the best, wait till you have some experience.

Good luck!

I had a feeling I was going to get a response like this. And your right. I'll try my hand at making some myself. Any links to ODST armor files? :)

Yeah.. That tends to be how it goes.. WELCOME It's always good to have new members!! read up on the sickies, and I've even taken the action to give you this: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list

This is a COMPLETE list of almost everything you need to know about armor building, as well as and all-in-one pepakura files package (free of course!) This package includes almost every type of armor, up ot some of the reach armor.

keep my fingers crossed and hope my 500+ dollars were well spent. It takes about 100 dollars if you want to make your own decent set, then if you want to add more detail, the cost goes up depending on what your doing. It may take longer, some trial and error, but you get a sense of pride when you wear something awesome that YOU made. ;)

Trooper that's conservative, if you want anything that looks decent and close to the game models it will be more than a couple hundred. This is one of the funniest pics and we have all seen it. A crumby set for 700. Adam says it best in his new recruit video "If you want to pay me $10,000 I will sell you my armor" The reason for this is because the time, money, and the research it takes makes it worth it to build it yourself. Besides most people don't have a couple thousand laying around in this economy. Build it and we will help you to the best of our ability.

master-chief-halo-costume-312x550.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back