Anyone know how to fix a 360 Headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purrie

I'm on my third headset (Possibly 4th idk) and once again it has stopped working. My friends have said that they hear a clicking sound as if it's being plugged in and out, which led me to believe that there is a wire loose, however I have no clue how to fix it, and everything online is pretty vague in terms of what to fix- so I was hoping to find some answers here... (I have one of the "newer" headsets that has the little headphone jack, rather than the giant plug)

What I do to my headsets......at the point of the jack by the wire following it, I push the wire in and tape it....duct tape or electrical tape would work fine :)

check here http://www.ehow.com/how_4924658_repair-xbox-headset.html or here
or here

I'm on my third headset (Possibly 4th idk) and once again it has stopped working. My friends have said that they hear a clicking sound as if it's being plugged in and out, which led me to believe that there is a wire loose, however I have no clue how to fix it, and everything online is pretty vague in terms of what to fix- so I was hoping to find some answers here... (I have one of the "newer" headsets that has the little headphone jack, rather than the giant plug)

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't find a full proof method for fixing your problem without first knowing what's causing the issue. In most cases the cause of failure is a short in the wire or a disconnect. Typically the problem is caused when the wire is fatigued at the audio plug or the wear the wires meet the headset. If your headset speakers always work and you are not hearing the click your friends are describing, that would tell me your microphone boom has a short.

With all listed problems the only way to fix the problem would be to cut the wires where they are damaged, and reconnect them. Use of solder and insulating the wires so as to not cause any subsequent shorts is recommend to ensure a stable repair.

I hope this helps and if you are in need of further assistance you will need to identify the failure specifically before I would be able to give you instructions on how to go about your repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back