Appleseed Costume

Do you think it can be held ?

• No , just a stupid thing !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Versinke said:
I'll be waiting for the Briareos advancement , someone ( i don't remenber who ^^ ) made the left arm but no files attached to this , need the second forearm , legs and helmet

I believe that was Chwbcc

Last edited by a moderator:
Versinke said:
Ok , i've send and MP to him and he reply that is has been busy , but he still continue it ..... when he can ^^

I'm working on the chest today. Here is what I have so far:

Braireos-Parts-1-15-10-Cover.jpg

Here is the file if you guys want to play with them.

Current Parts

As I keep looking at the images, I wonder how much needs to be armor and what should be padded materials. I'll work on n armor reference and see what you all think...

Peace,

chwbcc

well I have the him on my desk,.. so I can answer that easily, Chest, Gauntlets, Plates on gloves, kneepads, shins, boots, head,shoulder pauldron

the arms may be good padded if done right,.. the vest that you see that covers the chest,.. should be either leather, or some other material,..

personally I have one made from leather, the legs,. can be BDU's or some other appropriate pants,

O.k. guys here is the chest as promised.

Braireos-Parts-1-16-10-v2-Cover.jpg

Current Parts 1-16-10 v2

I also modeled the under vest. From what I see there is an under vest then an over harness/vest. The collar is part of the under vest and the chest is either attached to this or under the vest, I can't tell from the reference photos I have.

I suspect the under vest could be made from a canvas type material with padding sewn into it. The chest plate would sit under this vest. If someone wanted they could print the vest on regular paper and make a pattern to sew from.

There are a few parts that hold strapping and they should be solid pieces so I am going to work on them next. These smaller parts hold the over vest in place. It will make sense when I get them finished.

Peace,

chwbcc

CPU64 said:
I'm hoping you have the figure. If not, GET IT. It will help you tons.

Yeah I DL'd the photos, that's what I am working from. I wish I could get the Figure but I don't have that much money right now. Amancue's photos are actually really good for references.

I have a few more pieces finished but I will post them when I finish the shins. They are giving me trouble.

if you need any other specific shots,.. I'll whip'em up,..yeah the figures arnt cheap,.. I got a deal for the pair,.. and it was over $200 when I first saw that same pair was about $400

I built the strapping pieces for the back of the Over Vest. The Over Vest in the file is just for reference. I guess someone could print this and make a fabric pattern from it. Anyone know anyone who can create patterns for sewing?

I have kept these piece all together but once I am finished I will pull them apart into separate files and try to clean them up in Pepakura. Then I will post them all nice and neat here.

How is the helmet coming? I started to build one but it is still beyond me right now as to where to start.

On with the file:

Braireos-Parts-1-17-10a-Cover.jpg

Current .pdo file

I'm finished with the basic body parts.

Braireos-Parts-1-17-10b-Cover.jpg

Alright here are all the files saved separated. I started breaking the Peps apart but I have only done the Chest, Back Pieces and the Left forearm. Both arms are identical so that shouldn't matter much. But I have pulled botht left and right forearm and made a .pdo of them. I didn't get the Leg pulled apart yet or the shoulders... someone else can do it if they want. I may get to it later this week, but I want to get back to my space marine suit.

Here are the files:

Braireos Body Complete.pdo

Harness pieces

Chest

Left Arm

Right Arm

Leg

Left Shoulder

Right Shoulder

Now I will attempt the helmet... Later this week or next. But my Space Marine is Calling me.

I hope you all enjoy these. Let me know how these work out and if they work or not. This is my first attempt at a large 'Scaled' model. The pieces still need work and if someone else has Maya and would like to work on these shoot me a PM.

Peace and enjoy,

chwbcc

Hi , there , it's been a long time since i've check this thread , i've seen that you have make the whole body of Briareos , it's a very well work , but i don't why it seem that it's not really accurate to the images given by amancue . I don't say that you've made a bad work , never , but i think it's not totaly accurate , maybe we should need to improve the parts you've done , i thought making Briareos and Deunan for a Convention in Paris in 2011 so we get time , to make it the most accurate as possible :D

I've been slacking,. I have some pretty decent quality TOOO high poly models for Pep, but they show his parts in detail, and separate in a way the pictures of the figure cant, when I get a chance I'll render some and post them, these 3d models were what I used to base the Leather Harness for Briareos I made, as its easier to see what parts belong to the harness and what parts the chest armor and so forth

I'm using Maya so if you want to export out the pieces as Objects I can't try to help make these Pep'able.

Yeah these aren't the most accurate pieces it's hard to get all the details from the Photos and some of the details I left out to be added in after Glassing and Bondo. The Hands and left shoulder are a good example. I thing the Hands would best to add the finer detail after the main stages and the Shoulder was actually hard for me to see the topographical reference points from the photos I had.

But I'd be happy to share these files with anyone who would like to try and make it better.

man - those are nice files.

I never really understand goign for hyper-accuracy on pep models anyways; as you are gonna hve to modded quite a bit at teh bondo/rondo phase anyways

very nice platforms for building on mate - thanks for the hard work!

Nate

These pep files are great. I was wondering what was going on with the head and if anyone had any underarmor ideas?

The pepakura files for these would be so kick ass. The guy russ from the dented helmet made one and it's well words cant explain it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back