Appleseed Costume

Do you think it can be held ?

• No , just a stupid thing !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this is exactly what I've been looking for in terms of a helmet design. I've been hard pressed to come up with one and even without the unfold, the detailed 3d File looks truly amazing, though I'd kill for an unfold to make my job easier.

I am bat to my old antics... Here is the Maya 2008 file for Braireos for those of you who wish to edit modify or play with them. You can do with them as you will just give the wookie a bone and throw me some credit if you dicide to distruibute them.

I 'm not 100% happy with these pieces because you can see how much of a noob I was in the beginning and how far I advanced once I got to the helm.

Let me know what you think of the pieces and I would love to see what you do as far as changes to the file.

http://www.4shared.com/file/6J21NAMK/Braireos_Final_8-13-10.html

Peace!
~chwbcc
Jerry

I've always wanted to see a good Briareos cosplay. Teh bunneh man rulez! Do you have a Deunan to go with you?

for exporting go file export and coose obj or 3ds
it shuld work

I don't have that option in my export area. I think I have to change a preference but I am not sure where to do that too. I guess I ahve to get out the manual again! Stoopid Stoopid reading! :)

Have there been any updates to this project? Has anyone done a smoothed or slightly lower poly version of the helmet? I tried unfolding it... and it didn't quite work. :)

You mean the helmet or the whole costume? I don't think it would take any longer to put
on than a standard Spartan suit would.

I agree, this should be actually pretty easy to wear. Working with the files I think most of the pieces could be pre-attached so the wearer could simply take it off in a few minutes.

Start with a black, light weight turtle neck and some grey cargo pants, throw on the under vest/chest, then the outer vest with the shoulders attached to it. Put on your shin guards then combat boots, forearms and some black gloves. Save the head for last and you are all set!

This is actually a fiarly easy costume to build. There are just a lot of pieces but the pieces are reallty simple. The head looks complicated but I have been thinking about how to make it easier to build.

Pepakura isn't the answer to all of the parts in the head but it will work for the basic structure. I will try to post something later the following week.

And I do have a smoother Helm avaible but I would wait until I get the basic file up.

If I've learned anything it's that I suck at building all the detailed parts in Pepakura:

1) My fat fingers are clumsy,
2) I don't have patience for tiny arse little pieces
3) My corners never come out as sharp as I would like them
4) I'm lazy and think that why rebuild something that already exists like Circles! Tubes! Spheres! and Cones!

So the next version of the Helm is going to be the shell without the optical pieces and the ears. It's going to be pretty high poly so I can reduce the rough edges and limit the need for a lot of smoothing with bondo.

I am going to make the file Slush-able so you can easily, print, pep, and slush cast this so there is no need for fiber glass. because:

5) I hate working with fiber glass.

Once the shell is finished each person can use simple house hold items to make all of the other pieces. Soda bottles, toilet tubes, wrapping paper tubes, tubes are everywhere and they are cheap! Why waste time peping them. Cut it to fit, glue in place and TADA you have the optical fixtures.

Finally Prime it, seal it, Cast it/wear it!

It's late time for bed...

But Rook if you would like the file I have I can send it to you. I don't think it's better than the file that is already posted but I can throw it into pepakura save it and send it to you.

I'd appreciate that pep model! I tried unfolding it but it didn't really work. TONS of wierd overlapping tabs there. :) A couple years ago friend of mine to sculpt the head for me from clay, but he and his wife had a kid, plus other issues and the project never fully got off the ground.

It's too bad as well because we had the large center eye, the round "temple" piece that the small eyes mount into and one of the small eyes all rapid prototyped. :(

I think the geometry of the long ears really shouldn't be that had to do. Of course, I'm not the one sculpting it in 3D either. :)

The Appleseed EX sculpt is a quite striking design. If you need some ideas of how to approach things, let me know. We spend a couple weeks planning out how we were going to attack the project before it all fell apart. :)

One suggestion I'd make is to make the two "mandibles" at the cheeks a seperate item, as well as the jaw and the ears. You might even leave the ears as seperate pep elements, so a person could scale them to the size they prefer. Some models I've seen have been crazy long. It's not Bugs Bunny after all. :)

Thanks!

Good minds think alike it seems. :) Thanks for the file, I'll let you know how far I get with it. I have two other projects ahead of it at the moment, but this thread kind of revitalized my desire to do this again. :)

Thanks again!

OMG.. i just found this thread and i love appleseed. i would love just to have the helmet. cannot wait for the pros here to succeed with this project. i am eagerly watching and waiting in anticipation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back