Arma 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
it isnt so much about smoothness, just for some reason the textures of the objects and scenery arnt being rendered. Like the humvee looks like a big gray block with pizza size disks for wheels, and the bushes all look like brown 2d squares. My brother says its the game, it cant run with new graphics cards, he had to download an older driver version for his card to get it to work, i tried the same but my card is so new that it's oldest version still doesnt work.

and i tried turning off the post process effects,it smoothed out the game to where i can actually play it, but again, the textures are still funky.

thanks. =D

I looked it could be video memory try fiddling with it, a forum states going back to default video memory fixes all problems for him. But I don't know.

well i found another guy that has the same problem, he listed his in the forum and a guy answered, only problem is, i have no clue what the answer means, haha

anyways, heres the forum

My link

any help on what to do? it worked for him, i just dont know what to do.

Edit: I thought they meant the compatability issue when they mention the -winxp, windows 7 allows running a program in an older version, so i tried it out, running it with windows xp but it still gave me the choppy graphics.

Edit: So i read some more into the forums and it does seem like i have the same problem as every other guy on there, i just cant figure out what this -winxp thing is. i probably already know what it is, i just cant place it >.<

No with the -winxp is going into the properties of the game and setting the launch options example here is mine with mods

-nosplash -mod=@89;@CBA;@MAP;@sakusun;VopSound_2.1;@JTD -mod=x\oac\oac_core;x\caa1 this allows alterations to the games exe run off. Also try I think

-maxmem=512 or something else like that. Keep adding stuff that you find out and it will help even more.

and how do i get there? im looking at the properties tab and cant find anything with launch options

Edit: Nevermind, found it, haha, ill let ya know if it works though, thanks again.

Edit: cool, got it to work, runs very well, thanks!!!

Sniperpower09 said:
and how do i get there? im looking at the properties tab and cant find anything with launch options

Edit: Nevermind, found it, haha, ill let ya know if it works though, thanks again.

Edit: cool, got it to work, runs very well, thanks!!!

Your welcome, btw is the demo or the full game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here or what but I go into a co-op game and have yet to see a single enemy ai. I mean I run to objectives for half an hour and I see NOTHING. Is it because the game has already gone through its prgress completely or what? I saw our whole team camping our base last night and I wasn't too sure what was going on.

The map is way too large as well. I was playing the non co op mp and spent another 20 minutes running. By the time I got to a spot to go prone and check things out I got shot once and died. I have yet to kill ANYTHING in this game but time.

It did run bad on my system until I did some tweaking now it seems all good on most servers, and still manages to look great.

Lol theres things called vehicles in game you know. BTW don't do domination servers which is 90% of the servers just ask me for something if you want to have fun otherwise coop with mass players isn't that fun unless its pvp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back