Aurora Reach Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyundai2806

I'm sure by now everyone's heard about the disaster that took place in Colorado during the midnight release of the Dark Knight Rises.
As game and sci-fi fans it kind of effects all of us especially on the fact that those fans dressed up for a special event just as we do for our conventions and expo's.
i just want to extend my condolences to the families and friends that were injured or fatally wounded in the tragedy, and mostly have been hoping that none of our Colorado members were at the event.
It is a dark day for sure of what's happened and it's even scary considering me and my group of 25+ friends are going to the imax showing this weekend, its devastating being a fan of the films and going to midnight showings for all movies of the sort,comic and sci-fi alike.
I hope everyone in the 405th is is safe and unharmed, and hope nothing like this happens towards anyone again.

Stay safe everyone

This is one scary and absolutely horrific event. I woke up this morning and my dad told me what happened, so I went and watched more about it on the news. 12 dead including a poor 9 year old girl and 48 wounded including a 3 month old baby. What a sick and twisted human being (if you can even call him that). Absolutely no motive was given or is likely to be given either. This was particularly scary considering I took my little brother and sister to the midnight showing in our area. I can't imagine what I would have done if I anybody I loved were there. I feel so bad for all of the families affected by this shooting.

This is one scary and absolutely horrific event. I woke up this morning and my dad told me what happened, so I went and watched more about it on the news. 12 dead including a poor 9 year old girl and 48 wounded including a 3 month old baby. What a sick and twisted human being (if you can even call him that). Absolutely no motive was given or is likely to be given either. This was particularly scary considering I took my little brother and sister to the midnight showing in our area. I can't imagine what I would have done if I anybody I loved were there. I feel so bad for all of the families affected by this shooting.

I agree, strangely enough he's not connected with and form of LE or the Military in anyway, had no criminal record other than a parking ticket in 2011.
but he had loads of firepower, tear gas canisters AND a flak jacket(note:unless you're LE or MIL you can not obtain strike plates legally through normal purchase so obtaining something like that had to have been under the table or stolen) and boobytrapped his apt with and i quote "sophisticated explosives".

my biggest concern about it is knowing that we have members from all over, and im just hoping that everyone in our community is safe and sound and no one was involved at that theaters shooting.
my heart goes out to all the families and parties involved

I will readily admit ignorance here, i had not known about the shooting until i saw this thread, i immediately was shocked when i read the news report.
Most would feel sadness, i personally was enraged reading it. @Bishor, that was no human..who ever he may be (never released his name, but thank god he's in custody) he is a monster.

My sorrows go out to those who were effected by this terrible disaster, and should anyone of them be from the 405th (and looking at the range of people we have on here, and that we are all fans of such things) stay strong my friends, if you werent harmed, pray to whatever god you believe in for those who were or if youre an atheist such as myself..make a donation or something to benefit these people.

My thoughts go out to all, and may the ones killed rest in peace...we may not have batman to bring that man to justice but we do have our men in blue, or what this guy deserves, SWAT.

Justice will be served.

They had released his name, and even his mother told authorities that they had the right guy, though had no arrests no criminal background that has been on his record other than that parking ticket, he was a biologist and went to the university there in CO as a med student..
its just so very odd of all the equipment he had, and supposedly im guessing his study in biology is how he built such devices that are keeping police and bomb squads from getting into his apt.
it's more than odd that they're saying the equipment in his apartment is more than extraordinary for someone that has no major background for what has turned up in his possession.

again im as concerned as you are, we're all fanboys and fangirls its a huge film, and yes we are very diverse throughout the states, im hoping for the best that none of the group that was harmed were part of our community.

What I'm confused about is why he gave up so easily. The reports say that he accepted arrest without any resistance. Most of the people who commit acts such as this end up killing themselves. At least justice will have a chance to meet this monster and he will actually pay for this. Maybe we'll even get an explaination as to WHY he did this.

What I'm confused about is why he gave up so easily. The reports say that he accepted arrest without any resistance. Most of the people who commit acts such as this end up killing themselves. At least justice will have a chance to meet this monster and he will actually pay for this. Maybe we'll even get an explaination as to WHY he did this.

that's exactly why i'm stumped.
ok really off details:
-he gave up extremely easy
-his mother(though neighbors even said he was such a kind and sweet boy and a dedicated student) gave him up to authorities saying "you have the right guy"
-possisseion of tear gas canisters and strike plate bullet proof vest
-no prior criminal history WHATSOEVER
-boobytrapped his apt with sophisticated devices and trip wires hooked to bottles of 'unknown' liquids
-police stated there were "buckets upon buckets" of ammunition
-no military or law enforcement background

its like...and heaven forbid this being true but the reality of this world has proven its likely, seemingly like someone set hi, up for success on this. theyre saying that he got an undergraduates degree in neurochemistry and a study in biology, but has no links to any terrorist groups and whatnot, and has no history of any mental delusions or psychiatric problems.. none of it makes sense..
they said he dropped out last month from college,its crazy to think he had so much going for him and he just stockpiled all this crap, built some crazy 'sophisticated' devices, boobytrapped his place and went out on a shooting rampage with seemingly no mental issues or motives..?? no ties in any criminal background or groups..really??

it just really really seems so off..

Sadly, this actually reminds me a bit of a movie called Rampage. The antagonist in that film had no real motivation (well, except money) or prior criminal history or justified grudges with anyone he killed. It was a bit of a disturbing movie, but it's even scarier that it can happen, even to some small degree, in real life.

Sadly, this actually reminds me a bit of a movie called Rampage. The antagonist in that film had no real motivation (well, except money) or prior criminal history or justified grudges with anyone he killed. It was a bit of a disturbing movie, but it's even scarier that it can happen, even to some small degree, in real life.

i was actually going to mention that in the last post im just getting so caught up in the constant new reports coming in about him, ive seen that movie and that does seem alot like it, just without the remote control van slamming into the police station filled with HEs.
but its still a movie though very similar.
he acquired those parts and guns too easily plus he ordered them all online, and they were automatic weapons, along with strike plates and kevlar you need a class 3 weapons license to even start the paperwork to obtain those things through online purchase or in store purchase.

james holmes had weapons that can all be bought over the counter and whatnot, they keep saying that he didnt have a concealed weapons license like he shouldnt have had those guns but you can still buy a handgun at 21 without needing a concealed carry permit.
i have a feeling though that the guns and 'buckets' of ammunition he bought with tuition money or money from student loans.
its not so much the guns i was curious about him having its the rest of the equipment he has, but again his neuroscience background could be a link to the explosives he had, but not the tear gas or flak jacket, those items wouldve been flagged right away so he obviously didnt buy them legally.
which again isnt uncommon..but with him being a dedicated student and family child and having no criminal background i can imagine he went through a deal of trouble to find sources to obtain such items.
usually a known criminal or someone with a criminal history is more likely and has better chances of getting things like that.
im not saying its impossible for him to get those things, its just quite odd for the person hes been described as.
and his mom giving him up so easily like she already knew something about him, then again like you said he just gave up to the police.
im just curious to find out what happens at his trial on monday

It's not as difficult to get liscenses as you might think. If your criminal history is clean, there's not a lot you are denied when you apply. Yes, it took a lot of dedication on his part to obtain all this stuff (although I don't think you need any liscense to buy ammunition, I may be wrong), but it wouldn't be impossible (although it may be after this).

And yeah, the mom. She was all the way in California and she knew that they had the right guy, that suggests that she knew something was wrong with him before all this!

It's not as difficult to get liscenses as you might think. If your criminal history is clean, there's not a lot you are denied when you apply. Yes, it took a lot of dedication on his part to obtain all this stuff (although I don't think you need any liscense to buy ammunition, I may be wrong), but it wouldn't be impossible (although it may be after this).

And yeah, the mom. She was all the way in California and she knew that they had the right guy, that suggests that she knew something was wrong with him before all this!

oh no i was takling about the strike plates and the tear gas, those are class 3 weapon items.
they said he had a high powered rifle(ar style) a shotgun, and two handguns on him
you can buy semiauto ar style rifles and shotguns at 18 with a 10 minute background check and the money. you can even put guns on a payment plan as long as youre approved(not having assault charges, aggressive misdemeanors, or felonies)
and buy any handgun(other than a g18) at 21 without any kind of license.
you can buy any caliber ammunition at 18yo as well.

i referred the class 3 pertaining only to the flak jacket and factory made tear gas

I couldn't get a handgun without a liscense. Does that differ from state to state?

it must..im from texas so.....................you can get anything..
you know thats terrible.
i couldt buy a barret m91a .50 caliber rifle 3 years before i was allowed to buy a 9mm pistol...how exceedingly silly is that..??
they do it because a pistol is concealable and compact though so it SORT of makes sense. but not alot.
in IL it is mandotory to obtain a FOID card in order to submit information for purchasing firearms.
in texas you just need to live for 18 years lol

AHH, I just noticed that, yes, you are from Texas. I know the gun laws there are much less restrictive than here in Illinois.

AHH, I just noticed that, yes, you are from Texas. I know the gun laws there are much less restrictive than here in Illinois.
yeah im also a peace office, that class 3 i was talking bout these days takes over 90 days just to get the paperwork itself to register, ten it has to be signed by a federal official
that allows you to obtain full auto weapons, protective gear, concussion devices gases various grenades suppressors and whatnot.
ive had mine for a year now

Colorado Members

you dont know of any CO members that we have in that area..??
ive been real nervous about this whole thing i just wanna be assured everyone in the 405th is safe and sound

Hmm, then he had to know someone, or he was just a VERY patient guy. Either way, the determination and commitment put into this suggests that either he had some effed up adjenda or message to send, or he's just completely insane.

Hmm, then he had to know someone, or he was just a VERY patient guy. Either way, the determination and commitment put into this suggests that either he had some effed up adjenda or message to send, or he's just completely insane.

well what they stated was that he started it during the moments of an actions shooting scene in the movie..i thought that was odd cosidering it was the movie's release night, either he knew when that was starting or just got really lucky on the timing
the whole thing is an enigma in its own

well what they stated was that he started it during the moments of an actions shooting scene in the movie..i thought that was odd cosidering it was the movie's release night, either he knew when that was starting or just got really lucky on the timing
the whole thing is an enigma in its own

Maybe he had been ready for this for a while, and was waiting for the right time to do it when there would be a ton of people. I hope he has some explaination for this, no matter how demented it is, I still want to know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back