Aztlan's Halo 4 Rogue + Binary Rifle + M6H + Exo-suit WIP, PIC HEAVY!

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by EVAkura, Dec 8, 2013.

1. vshore100

vshore100

That's so awesome looking. I hope after all that work you just did, that the size of the hex bolts is %100 to your liking this time. However, with your level of commitment and dedication, even if it wasn't, I know you'd start all over to make it right. Looking forward to seeing more on that H3 forearm build as well.;)

Attached Files:

2. EVAkura

EVAkura 405th Regiment Officer

Good news on both fronts! First, my shipment of new mats showed up today along with everything else! I had USPS, UPS, and FedEx at my house today! So, I now have everything I need to make the forearms, including "reference" action figures... ha ha!

Also, the mold pulled great. I have a bit of cleaning up to do on it yet, and I have a easy solution to reduce the thickness of the "walls" between the hex heads, which will put this as close to an exact match as I can possibly get without using a CNC :D

3. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

Glad your shipment came through, Spartan. If you need the game models as further reference I'd be more than happy to pull up what you need.

4. EVAkura

Thanks Arcanine :)

Well, it has been a long time since I have updated, but this is because I have not worked on MY armor that much lately :)

Today, to celebrate the 405th moving forward, I decided to "brand" one of my Rogue shoulders. Here is what I came up with:

The beginning

SAM_1569_zpsc56a6f0a.jpg

And here is where I am. I know it needs a decent amount of work to clean up the edges and also to make some repairs where air bubbles were, and also where I got a bit aggressive and broke a few of the thin walls... but all in due time :)

SAM_1571_zpsdf919864.jpg

Attached Files:

5. King of Gondor12

King of Gondor12 Jr Member

That looks sweet, keep it up mate!

6. CasualCosplayer

CasualCosplayer

Everytime I check your thread I get blown away by the awesomness! xd

PS: This deserves to go into the ELITE section!

Pat-

7. KevZone

KevZone

The logo looks cool, great idea!

8. Brandon McClain

Brandon McClain

I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to use the new logo yet...

9. Zaff

Zaff

That's the sense I got as well, that while the overall concept was decided, it still is going through a refining process before it's considered "finalized" and the exact terms of usage haven't been nailed down yet.

10. rickrtickr

rickrtickr

In terms of type and total design yes. but the logo itself can be used as far as I know

11. MyrHerder

MyrHerder

No, they don't want us using it yet. The design may be altered before it's finalized. And if it is, your use of the preliminary design will violate the terms of use (must not be different than the official logo).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

12. Zaff

Zaff

From the "405th Logo Update" thread
    No official word has come down yet saying that it's ready for use. There's been a lot of discussion on how the logo could be used for various applications, but it hasn't been cleared for use yet.

13. EVAkura

Okay, let us settle this the easy way.

Wanting to make sure, I RE-read through the "rules" before any of this controversy came up, but after I had made this, and saw that part... HOWEVER, the 405th Pacific Regiment was given the go-ahead to use it in official capacity at the SDCC, which makes it an "Official" version. Even if a newer version were to come about, at the least, it becomes a historical version... just like the old 405th designs. Worst case scenario, I sand it down as do it again...

14. AlphaPrym

AlphaPrym Jr Member

Any updates?

15. EVAkura

All of my own personal builds have been put on hold for something a bit more epic. I am teaming up with "Master Groves" from the World's Tallest Spartans to recreate a carbon copy replica pictured in the Halo 4 Master Chief Mountain Dew poster board ad. Since he is 6'11", he fits the build quite well, with only one major variance. He is super skinny in comparison. This means that I will be re-creating my Exo-suit to his stature, but the MC's build. Also, this time, it will be skinned with a custom hex pattern that I created from scratch. All of the supplies have been ordered, and I am 100% focused on finishing this project by its due date of Nov. 9th. This is a full on, custom Master Chief build with all custom built templates. I will not be using any existing .pdo files, nor templates (minus my own shoulder armor template I designed).

I will try and keep the post updated on the "creation discussion" side of this forum, but if you would really like to keep up-to-date, check out the World's Tallest Spartans Facebook page :)

shwarzwald likes this.
  16. vidofnir234

vidofnir234

You know when you hate someone cause they're so good at something... yeah. Good stuff man! I enjoy seeing your work!

17. laurent8

laurent8 New Member

What kind of paper do you use?