barely fits =[

CrAzY CH13F

Member
it sorta fits on my head but i have to push the helmet outwards so that i can fit my head in and i've alread cut alot of paper away i fear if i cut to much it won't look like a spartan helmet anymore any suggestions?
 

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
If you could magically put your head inside the helmet and it would fit, then you made it the right size, just try the back neck and front and slightly on the sides, mine fits me with no problem, when I first made the helmet, only a 5 year old could fit his head through.
 

Walter Spase

Well-Known Member
What size did you scale your Helmet Height to Chief? and if it fits front to back, but not ear to ear, then trim a little on the faces that are parallel to the ground around where your ears would go through... I trimmed these areas away and mine fits great at a 26cm build height. You can't even tell
 

CrAzY CH13F

Member
i scaled mine up to 25.049790 cm but if i didn't add 3 inches to the calculation it would be 23.991340 and would not fit at all.

this is how much i trimmed away.



if it comes to it il have to resize and re do it all over =[ its my ears that are the main problem.
 

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
i scaled mine up to 25.049790 cm but if i didn't add 3 inches to the calculation it would be 23.991340 and would not fit at all.

this is how much i trimmed away.



if it comes to it il have to resize and re do it all over =[
lol mine is 27cm (that sounds pervish lol), but i would redo it and take some extra space too, because you still need to fibreglass it which also means that it takes up the inside space.
this time if you feel like it, use Flying Squirl's or Syflo's Files for a much more detailed helmet... anyways that's your decision
 
Last edited by a moderator:

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
after resin/glassing it will be stronger, you will have it fit, right now your hair gets caught inthe cardstock and makes it hard to get on and off.
 

CrAzY CH13F

Member
FirePhoenix NL said:
lol mine is 27cm (that sounds pervish lol), but i would redo it and take some extra space too, because you still need to fibreglass it which also means that it takes up the inside space.
this time if you feel like it, use Flying Squirl's or Syflo's Files for a much more detailed helmet... anyways that's your decision
where would i find these files and also are they similar today i just ruined my last helmet cs my mum wore it and couldn't get it off so it ripped and anyway might was well start off a new, can you also provide a scaling thread?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzY CH13F

Member
Spase said:
If it still doesn't fit... try trimming these areas back a bit...

ruined it now anyway and anyway if i did trim it back the hlemt would look really wierd so anyway where are these files by slyfo and flying?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
where would i find these files and also are they similar today i just ruined my last helmet cs my mum wore it and couldn't get it off so it ripped and anyway might was well start off a new, can you also provide a scaling thread?
Alright, http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5089 thats Flying Squirl's helmet which I'm making Atm. The scaling:

1. Grab the Halo 2 version and use the scaling sticky to find out your height in centimetres
2. Paste the scale numbers into the "Scale" box.
3. Copy the numbers in the "Assembled size (height) __ cm" box.
4. Grab the Halo 3 version and insert into the "Assembled size (height) __ cm" box, whatever number you had in step 3.
5. Now you can use the new **Scale** on the rest of the Halo 3 pieces.

shameless copy of Dannifood4less's Post :)

The files are much more detailed but are waaaaaay harder to make imho... the Halo 2 version has 250 folds orso well this one has 900 ><
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzY CH13F

Member
The files are much more detailed but are waaaaaay harder to make imho... the Halo 2 version has 250 folds orso well this one has 900 ><
so should i stick with the same helmet i made or the more detailed one? because i know i have to scale up the old one up abit more.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
so should i stick with the same helmet i made or the more detailed one? because i know i have to scale up the old one up abit more.
depends on what you want, do you want alot detail and therefore invest more time in it or do you want a quick yet still nice helmet?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzY CH13F

Member
FirePhoenix NL said:
depends on what you want, do you want alot detail and therefore invest more time in it or do you want a quick yet still nice helmet?
i think i will go with less detail but then again if i bondo or use some other alternative then i can maybe shape it to be rounder or would it just save time doing the detail one so i wouldn't have to bondo much?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
i think i will go with less detail but then again if i bondo or use some other alternative then i can maybe shape it to be rounder or would it just save time doing the detail one so i wouldn't have to bondo much?
hmm, well i did the detailed one after my first Halo 2 helmet warped... im kinda satisfied by the way it looks..

about bondoing the details... i don't really think that it will work because the Halo 2 helmet is pretty blocky and at the side it has a really big angle =P

(oh and sorry btw, my english ain't that good so i dont really know how to describe things)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzY CH13F

Member
so in the long run a detailed one is best halo 3 version or halo 2?, also the support struts when i resin the outside and its dried i take the struts out right?
 

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
so in the long run a detailed one is best halo 3 version or halo 2?, also the support struts when i resin the outside and its dried i take the struts out right?
yes imho, and yep you take them out once you start doing the fibreglass
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzY CH13F

Member
i had a problem on the helmet i just nearly did, i did the top and bottom parts seperately i found it really difficult to go the 2 pieces together, will i have that some problem on the detailed one or how should i construct it in steps part to part?

preferably i would like to make an ODST Halo 3 helmet because they look Bad ***
 

Rocknrollcows

Jr Member
on slyfo's i started at the front mouth thing and worked my way back and then up.


<_________
___________\
___________|
___________|
|__________/

o_O
 

FirePhoenix

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
i had a problem on the helmet i just nearly did, i did the top and bottom parts seperately i found it really difficult to go the 2 pieces together, will i have that some problem on the detailed one or how should i construct it in steps part to part?

preferably i would like to make an ODST Halo 3 helmet because they look Bad ***
I don't know about the ODST but expect allot of hard things when u go for the detailed ones :)
like folding things so small that its near impossible to get it in etc...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top