Beaky Space Marine Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas said:
i went to games day uk on sunday, and there were some good costumes there. i saw a kid in space wolf termie armour (pretty accurate, complete with wolf pelt lol) and an ultramarine librarian. if i can i'll post pics asap

What?? Where the hell was it? I have heard nothing of the sort here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a little extra time so I worked on unfolding the shins. There's still a lot of work to be done on the chest so I figured I'd get this done right quick so you guys have something to work on if you're done with everything else. Make sure to scale it down!

If you're wondering why these look different than most Space Marine shins, it's because they're MK VI shins. They go with the beaky armor. Sorry to those working on MK V armor.

LeftShin2.jpgLeftShin3.jpg

Right Shin.pdo

Left Shin.pdo

Nice work, thanks Samuray. I'll be having at look at these this week. I've just finished scaling my shoulders....BIG, I'll post pics when I have both pepped.

Here's a scaling sheet that I just made. Use your total height in inches or millimeters plus a little extra for padding. Everything but the shoulders and helmet should have the same scaling factor (also, if you used the forearm.pdo before I changed it to the full arm). Since I haven't built the armor yet, I can't say that this sheet is perfect but, then again, nothing is.

krad2004 said:
Nice!! I've always liked the "blood angels" armor!! Keep it up!!!

At some point I might make a chest piece that doesn't have the Aquila on it so that people can put whatever they want on the front. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time right now. If you wanted to have a blank chest piece, I suppose you could just not put on the Aquila pieces and just glue pieces of paper over the holes when you get done. Then just continue on as per usual with the the resin and fiberglass.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is some amazing work. Thanks for making this Samuray.

I have already built the shoulder and have just started the agonizing task of the chest and back. Gonna make this as a forming buck for my vac table. Will post pics when i get somethingmore significant than the shoulder done.

I will probably be making the chest blank and make the chest eagle out of cast resin as the detail can get lost on the vac table.

Keep up the amazing work and cant wait to see your work on the backpack!

hey umm.......... yah how is the back pack comeing alone let me know when u are about to pst it so i can be ready to mod it b/c your scaleing failed iv have had re mod everything so far b/c nintendude was tellling me about how he might pst one b/c he has alot of them already made a way better chest b/c were going to allc on with remoded parts and its truing out great but your crotch fails so im stuck right now till he send me some supplies b/c i sold him my gundam to him 125 dollars b/c i got it all made expect for the belt the scale was wrong and i dont care he bought it and now we are makeing SM ultra marnies for all con

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back