Beaky Space Marine Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuray

This is what I've been working on today. Pretty soon I might need someone to help with the unfold.

EDIT:

SoFarSoGood-10-07-2009_-_part_2.jpg

SoFarSoGood-10-07-2009.jpg

Here is the finished file:

Beaky Helmet Unfolded!

BeakyFinal.jpg BeakyFinalFront.jpg BeakyFinalTop.jpg

Chest.jpg

Chest2.jpg

Chest3.jpg

NewChestSeperated.pdo

Here's the shoulder:

Shoulder.jpg

Shoulder2.jpg

Shoulder3.jpg

Shoulder

Entire arm (it should be symmetrical so it can be used for both sides). Basically, I set it up so that you just scale the height to the length of your forearm from wrist to elbow. You might end up having to trim the forearm and bicep parts when it comes together so that you have mobility but that should be too hard. Also, the bicep won't go all the way up to your shoulder, I'm guessing. This is ok, though, because you'll have that huge shoulder pad on.

arm.jpg

arm.pdo

Right Shin.pdo

Left Shin.pdo

LeftShin2.jpg

LeftShin3.jpg

LeftThigh.pdo

RightThigh.pdo

RightThigh.jpg

RightThigh2.jpg

RightThigh3.jpg

Crotch.pdo

Here's a scaling sheet that I just made. Use your total height in inches plus a little extra for padding. Everything but the shoulders and helmet should have the same scaling factor (also, if you used the forearm.pdo before I changed it to the full arm). Since I haven't built the armor yet, I can't say that this sheet is perfect but, then again, nothing is.

ScalingSheet.jpg

Below is what it looked like in the early stages. I'm leaving it in there for posterity.

I would suggest making the model a little more Hi-Def... because with a model that should be mostly curves as bumpy as yours, you'll need a really big bondo job to make it work.

Might be more useful to take a little more time to pep and a lot less time to bondo and sand.

But beside that... it's pretty accurate...

Nice work! Add all the detail possible, folds be damned! I'll be watching this thread! Kinda excited as I love the Space Marine armor!

I did have a complete set of Space Marine armor but sadly now all I have is a helmet that I pepped and unfolded out a while back, but if you need a unfolder to help unfold the helmet you can send it to me at cylonproject2000@yahoo.com and I can probably have it back to you in 24 hours maybe less.

Nintendude said:
I did have a complete set of Space Marine armor but sadly now all I have is a helmet that I pepped and unfolded out a while back, but if you need a unfolder to help unfold the helmet you can send it to me at cylonproject2000@yahoo.com and I can probably have it back to you in 24 hours maybe less.

That's kind of funny. I e-mailed you a while back about pep files. Thanks again for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a little more work done today. Some of it got undone due to a computer freeze. I might not get a chance to work on it again until next week. The fiance' and I are moving this weekend and I've been packing every night this week.

I got some more work done the last couple days. It's almost read to be unfolded. Pics to be uploaded later.

EDIT:

I think I'm done with the model. Here's a picture. Any unfolding pros want to take a crack at it?

nice helmet i didnt realize that people here actually make space marine armour if i ever get around to making any kind of armour in the future id probably go for the veteran armour i just love the white blue and gold its gona be hard though anywho good luck with ur helmet :)

Very nice! My computer is my fiance's, and I've kinda filled it up with all sorts of crap, so even if I had the time, and thought I'd be able to make models in any sort of rendering program, I'd probably give a go at modelling a dreadnought costume, full-scale, of course. Shame I know I wouldn't be able to. Very impressed by your finished model though, PLEASE pm me when the unfold is done, I'd very much like to add this to my never-ending list of things I want to build!

KrovikanCorvinus said:
Very impressed by your finished model though, PLEASE pm me when the unfold is done, I'd very much like to add this to my never-ending list of things I want to build!

Will do. I'm currently trying my hand at unfolding it myself and seeing as this is the first model I've done and the first time I've tried doing an unfold, it might not turn out as great as some of the other models on here. Just a heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright. I finished the unfold. It's kind of crappy but I kind of just want to be done with this and make the helmet already. The overall model looks like I want it to, but we'll see how the pep turns out. If anyone has any 3D modeling experience and wants to improve this thing, PM me and I'll throw you my original model to make it a more easily pepped design. Anyways, here's the link to the unfold:

Beaky Helmet Unfolded!

BeakyFinal.jpg BeakyFinalFront.jpg BeakyFinalTop.jpg

Yeah. I have the shoulder designed already. My buddy is a big warhammer fan, so we're going to try and get a full suit plus bolter. If it works out, we might mold it and make a run of it. My friend has a big head though :). So, we'll have to see how ridiculous th proportions are.

If and when you do complete your project I'll have to be one of the first to 'test' it out. I'm really looking forward to this, seeing what you've done with the helmet already I'm sure it'll be quite amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back