Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ NZ: You know, I hadn't actually thought of that until you mentioned it, black and silver is pretty popular with the sports teams here so I second the vote for black and silver being the official NZ Spartan colors

That settles it then, NZ squad has a colour scheme. I wonder how an EVA would look with a chrome visor?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG Belakor, you are AMAZING! The boots look sweet! Is that a pieces of Black twill you attached to the boot?? Sorry if I'm being nosey, I think it looks EXCELLENT! Amazing :)

hahah, yeah, I love the silver and Black look myself. Hope you and NZ don't mind is I adopt the color scheme as well, though it's not for any kind of grouping stuff. I just love the colors :D Silver legs strips will look cool :) I think I may keep my visor orange.

NZ-TK said:
That settles it then, NZ squad has a colour scheme. I wonder how an EVA would look with a chrome visor?

You will do the haka in armor.

@ WetOkole: Cool, another Con on the 19th, it certainly isn't fun having to rush it but it'll be cool to see more of your armor (mental note: subscribe to WetOkole's thread :))

@ helios: It's officially the official colors of the unofficial NZ group... I think o_O :D and thanks

@ NZ: Sweet, now we just need to get more people in armor. The EVA could look quite cool with a chrome visor... no idea how you'd do it though, maybe that luminore coating?

@ SKG: Not being nosey at all :) I probably should have said more about it but I'm really not sure what it is, I bought a bunch of the fabric (must have been 10 meters or so) ages ago for other projects and thought it might work well for this. I just doubled it over and glued it to a piece of cereal box... had I known it would work as well as it has I probably would have sewn ribs onto the fabric to make it look more interesting
(having industrial sewing machines is really handy ;)) but it's glued on now so I can't without having to make another :(

I'm all for more black Spartans just because they look so cool :) I think the silver leg stripes are a good idea too, I was going to do some experiments with the silver bicep strip if I had enough time before the Con .

@ Vrogy: See, now I knew someone would bring that idea up...

@ Adam: Yep, that's the place. I had a friend who worked for Apple at the Austin Campus (I think) and got a bunch of shirts sent over... the Barton Creek one is the only one I can find

@ Spase: England, New Zealand... same thing right :p jk I swear I'm not stalking you guys in Texas :unsure:

@ Spartan 051: Yep, NZ it is... home of the Warthog :D

Vrogy said:
Shouldn't be too hard. I'll just get Matua to help me make a special Spartan/405th one. It'll have nice, slow actions, like Tai Chi.

Belakor said:
th_IMG_1074.jpg th_IMG_1071.jpg th_IMG_1070.jpg th_IMG_1073.jpg
th_IMG_1075.jpg th_IMG_1069.jpg th_IMG_1072.jpg
Trimmed and fitted the new visor this morning, I think the helmet is basically done now... on the outside a least, just need to fit the second piece of grill on one of the speaker ports and mess around with the weathering.
(y) That basically says it.

Nice job, makes me want recon. ;)
Thanks , at least with the pep files anyone can make Recon and people can't hack you to get it :lol:
:lol: "HOLY FREAKING JESUS", I like that :D thanks Smilie, glad others are liking the build so far... got some more sanding supplies yesterday so I'll be out in the garage finishing a few pieces off shortly...
Thank you, the two front vents wont be working vents for very long, I'll be putting a pair of 20mm speakers behind them for my voice amp, the side vents will be functional though and there's the intake for the big fan hidden in the forehead.
Nothing to be concerned about ;)
th_IMG_1074.jpg
Just fitted the new visor this morning :D it's a custom made piece that I tinted with a chrome tint (actually it's a black to chrome fade) still got almost six feet of it left...

it amazing nice job

th_IMG_1074.jpg

SKG
Hope you and NZ don't mind is I adopt the color scheme as well, though it's not for any kind of grouping stuff. I just love the colors

No worries, you can be an honorary NZ squad member :p

Belakor
Sweet, now we just need to get more people in armor. The EVA could look quite cool with a chrome visor... no idea how you'd do it though, maybe that luminore coating?

Well...I'm working on it....the "other one :ninja: " could look pretty sweet in black and silver.
Vrogy
Hahahaha , how much did you say your boots weigh Aron?

Skullcandy Girl said:
Cool Belakor, thanks for sharing :) I think it looks awesome ribs or not :D

I'm going to try and learn how to sew over the summer :)

It's certainly a useful skill to have, I've saved quite a bit of money over the years from sewing things myself (I used to do things like three-point tactical slings for rifles and I did a couple of neckseals for my TK recently)

mastermarine said:
it amazing nice job
Spartan 061 said:
Good work!

Thanks to both of you :)

NZ-TK said:
No worries, you can be an honorary NZ squad member :p
Well...I'm working on it... the "other one :ninja: " could look pretty sweet in black and silver.

Hahahaha , how much did you say your boots weigh Aron?
Yay for honorary members :D

Oh yeah, the "other one :ninja: " would look sweet :D

Just weighed them a couple of hours ago, just over four pounds for both

Basically finished all the armor now, just need to sand a little bondo and then it's ready for paint.

Hey Belakor, you dont mind me *cough*adopting*cough* some of your stuff into my armor? i like the padding idea the most, just grab foam sheets and laying strips inside, i wasnt thinking of that, but then again, i cant fit in it anyway :p

And Adam, too, just to point it out there. great inspiration for my stuff.

that armor is looking sexier by the hour (eeeew :lol:)

BUDNUT said:
SWEEEEEEEEET

rvb4life said:
Hey Belakor, you dont mind me *cough*adopting*cough* some of your stuff into my armor? i like the padding idea the most, just grab foam sheets and laying strips inside, i wasnt thinking of that, but then again, i cant fit in it anyway :p

And Adam, too, just to point it out there. great inspiration for my stuff.
that armor is looking sexier by the hour (eeeew :lol:)

Sure, adopt away :D... that's why I'm posting how I've done it :)
Initially I was going to do something fancy with the padding but gave up on that and started cramming it in :D it works well though, I can barely feel the shins when I'm wearing them but they don't move around at all, same with the forearms... the biceps are a little wired though, they sometimes hit the back of the torso :unsure:

I'll try and get some more updates for everyone this weekend, I've had to take a couple of days off because I'm feeling like crap (all these months of working with toxic fumes has finally caught up with me I guess) but it will be done by the time I leave next Friday :)

Update: Was bored the past couple of days so I decided to build a couple more pep pieces...
First is Supertaco's EOD helmet (tweaked slightly and rearranged for A4):
th_IMG_1180.jpg th_IMG_1178.jpg th_IMG_1187.jpg

and the Halo 2 spotting scope, not sure who released the model, found it ages ago and finally got to rearranging:
th_IMG_1181.jpg th_IMG_1185.jpg th_IMG_1186.jpg

I've also re-unfolded the beta CQB helmet file and tidied it up a bit, will be building that fairly soon.

Friendly said:
Any chance you can give us the link to the spotter's scope?

Sure: Letter version A4 version
The tripod has been moved off to the side because it's useless for pep (you can easily move it back if you want)
If the person that released the original is still here and has a problem with me posting this let me know and I'll pull it.

Making good progress with the armor, almost done with the basic painting, just need another can of black and I've started weathering a few pieces... probably wont have pics of the finished armor up until after the Con this weekend, though you may find some popping up over the weekend from attendees on places like Flickr and photobucket (and possibly me if I can get in on a local wi-fi connection ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back