Belakor's Mjolnir Armor Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy trying to get this stuff done :D Only have a couple of pieces left to fiberglass and I've started bondoing what I've already done... also started the painting of the Recon helmet today, expect an update over the weekend, maybe sooner...

For now I'll catch up on the posts since I was on last :)
cholo71796 said:
Do you print out both peps then?

EDITuno: Nevermind- I misread the first time!

EDITdos: Oh- any tips on wearing the shoulders? Maybe hot-glue two armbands per shoulder?

Since I haven't done my own yet I can't really say how would be the best way but strapping it around your bicep and another strap going up to the shoulder area of the torso armor should work well. I'll be starting my strapping over the next few weeks so I can post more as I do it :)

volkov said:
I don't know how I missed this the first time through, but awesome!

Thanks :) I did a little more work on the Mk V the other day but I've put it on hold for a while, should have it done late April/early May :D

dude-ryan.s said:
thanks Belakor for all the help(you also Primal Weyland). I really just think i need to add more bondo and sand more,because right now there's only a few layers...

Happy to help. The bondoing and sanding can be pretty tedious but it can make a real difference in the end :D

alextehnurd said:
This is turning out amazingly, keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
great helmet. i have a question on your spike grenade if i am right about it being your file. but why are all the spike off to the side of the model?

in need of MC armor said:
great helmet. i have a question on your spike grenade if i am right about it being your file. but why are all the spike off to the side of the model?

If you're talking about the model I think you're talking about, that was made by Garland (Link to his topic)
Pepakura isn't really my thing when it comes to weapons but I think the spikes are off to one side so you have an option to build them using the pep file or make your own out of something else.

Got more done this afternoon than I thought I would so here's some pics, nothing that special but at least it's something :)
Recon Helmet after priming and two coats of black (with a little weathering):
th_IMG_0989.jpg th_IMG_0990.jpg th_IMG_0991.jpg

I'll most likely add a silver layer on top of the black and then go with the toothpaste method for some more weathering, I've also changed my plans and now the whole suit is going to be 'Zombie' black :cool:

and here's the various parts piling up in the little corner of the garage that I 'glass and bondo in:
th_IMG_0998.jpg th_IMG_0996.jpg th_IMG_1000.jpg
th_IMG_1004.jpg th_IMG_0997.jpg th_IMG_1002.jpg

Belakor said:
If you're talking about the model I think you're talking about, that was made by Garland (Link to his topic)
Pepakura isn't really my thing when it comes to weapons but I think the spikes are off to one side so you have an option to build them using the pep file or make your own out of something else.
Got more done this afternoon than I thought I would so here's some pics, nothing that special but at least it's something :)
Recon Helmet after priming and two coats of black (with a little weathering):
th_IMG_0989.jpg th_IMG_0990.jpg th_IMG_0991.jpg

I'll most likely add a silver layer on top of the black and then go with the toothpaste method for some more weathering, I've also changed my plans and now the whole suit is going to be 'Zombie' black :cool:

and here's the various parts piling up in the little corner of the garage that I 'glass and bondo in:
th_IMG_0998.jpg th_IMG_0996.jpg th_IMG_1000.jpg
th_IMG_1004.jpg th_IMG_0997.jpg th_IMG_1002.jpg

.................................. :eek: :mad:

Thanks everyone :) I wont quote everyone because I've got more pics to post and you don't want to be scrolling through miles of text to get to the bottom :p

Primal Weyland said:
That's very impressive. If you ever decide to take a mould from that Recon helm, I'd most certainly take a pull.

If/when I finally get to moulding I'll keep you in mind, I'm hoping to be able to learn how to do all the moulding/casting stuff but with the way I'm spending money on things I don't really need it might be a while:lol:

Spartan 051 said:
nice to see black being used again i used it in halo 1 but they took it out and never put it back in

Black was the only color I used in Halo 1 :D and even though it's usually while I'm messing around in Forge by myself, I almost always use the "force player color" thing to make my armor black in H3 :)

More progress pics, got a decent amount of the bondo work done, still need to sand it all back but the basic shaping is coming along well:
th_IMG_1017.jpg th_IMG_1018.jpg th_IMG_1019.jpg

Also spent a while doing some more weathering by hand, you can also see the texture caused by the paint which looks cool to me:
th_IMG_1009.jpg th_IMG_1021.jpg th_IMG_1022.jpg
th_IMG_1023.jpg th_IMG_1025.jpg

I also noticed a rough area on the right side near the top that's kind of annoying me, I might try to weather the area and see if I can get away with not having to strip the paint and sand again :cautious:

Absolutely amazing. I can't believe anyone could make a helmet so cleanly detailed and symmetrical.

Very, very fabulous job*.

I just wish I could pep like that, but I just finished my first pep-test (Robo Low-D handplate), and it warped some, so...

Hot Glue FTL!

*Also, I love the paintjob.

Edited for spelling errors. Freaking sensitive "V" key!

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Absolutely amazing. I can't believe anyone could make a helmet so cleanly detailed and symmetrical.

Very, very fabulous job*.

I just wish I could pep like that, but I just finished my first pep-test (Robo Low-D handplate), and it warped some, so...

Hot Glue FTL!

*Also, I love the paintjob.

Edited for spelling errors. Freaking sensitive "V" key!

Symmetry is such a pain, I hate it :p I managed to get most problems sorted but there are still a few uneven areas... it's good enough for now though :D
I personally don't worry too much about the pep pieces, don't really want to spend too long on a piece that's just going to get covered in resin and bondo ;) My pep Security and ODST helmets don't look all that flash up close but it's nothing a little (or a lot) bondo can't fix... even the Recon looked kinda crap...

Also I know what that's like, my shift key is way too sensitive, it's always staying on :cautious:

In other news, I've got a visor... sort of... gold wasn't unique enough for me so I've gone with a chrome tint:

th_IMG_1031.jpg
The first is just a quick job, no trimming or prep work done, just used as a test to see how it looked.

th_IMG_1027.jpg
and that's the piece I'll use for the actual visor, looks way better in person and you can't see in when it's fitted :D
Just waiting for the tint to fully adhere before I cut anything out.

Should look fairly intimidating when it's all done :cool:

That thing is looking sick. On a full black suit, its going to look all kinds of sci-fi tactical madness. The chrome visor is awesome too. Gold would look a bit tacky on a black suit I think.

NZ-TK said:
That thing is looking sick. On a full black suit, its going to look all kinds of sci-fi tactical madness. The chrome visor is awesome too. Gold would look a bit tacky on a black suit I think.

Yeah, the whole black thing in black is going to be cool :D nice and stealthy too ;) ... it'll be interesting to see how many "oh look, it's Darth Vader"'s I get though :rolleyes :lol:
Totally agree about the gold, I did a test with a handpainted visor and it just didn't look right, the chrome also kind of matches the weathering :D

Master_Chief_13 said:
this is awesome...bungie should give you recon...or you could bribe them if you casted the helmets..."i'll give you real recon for virtual recon!??"---hehhehe

Normally I'd agree with you but after reading about all these people that have had their accounts hacked because they have Recon makes me think twice about how good it really is :unsure:

Trimmed the tint on the test visor and took some more pics:
th_IMG_1064.jpg th_IMG_1060.jpg th_IMG_1059.jpg

NZ-TK said:
(y) That basically says it.

Nice job, makes me want recon. ;)

HOLY FREAKING JESUS! Every time I visit this thread you never cease to amaze me. This helm is absoloutley beautiful belakor kudos. I cant wait to see the rest of this project finnished.

Best looking recon armor ever ;)

Still looking impressive, and by the looks of it has a lot vents (two in frond and 2 in the sides).The real question that I'm concern about is how you are gonging to replace the test visor with a real see trough visor? Biker visor, or custom made with a custom tin?

th_IMG_1074.jpg th_IMG_1071.jpg th_IMG_1070.jpg th_IMG_1073.jpg
th_IMG_1075.jpg th_IMG_1069.jpg th_IMG_1072.jpg
Trimmed and fitted the new visor this morning, I think the helmet is basically done now... on the outside a least, just need to fit the second piece of grill on one of the speaker ports and mess around with the weathering.

SNIPER 118 said:
This looks awesome! :D

Friendly said:
NZ-TK said:

(y) That basically says it.

Nice job, makes me want recon. ;)

Thanks , at least with the pep files anyone can make Recon and people can't hack you to get it :lol:

smilie120 said:
HOLY FREAKING JESUS! Every time I visit this thread you never cease to amaze me. This helm is absoloutley beautiful belakor kudos. I cant wait to see the rest of this project finnished.

:lol: "HOLY FREAKING JESUS", I like that :D thanks Smilie, glad others are liking the build so far... got some more sanding supplies yesterday so I'll be out in the garage finishing a few pieces off shortly...

falcon NL said:
Best looking recon armor ever ;)

Still looking impressive, and by the looks of it has a lot vents (two in frond and 2 in the sides).The real question that I'm concern about is how you are gonging to replace the test visor with a real see trough visor? Biker visor, or custom made with a custom tin?

Thank you, the two front vents wont be working vents for very long, I'll be putting a pair of 20mm speakers behind them for my voice amp, the side vents will be functional though and there's the intake for the big fan hidden in the forehead.
Nothing to be concerned about ;)
th_IMG_1074.jpg
Just fitted the new visor this morning :D it's a custom made piece that I tinted with a chrome tint (actually it's a black to chrome fade) still got almost six feet of it left...

th_IMG_1074.jpg

uhhhhhhhhhh... WOW!!!! Heee I can see why you were partial to me wantingt ot my armor in black too. This is incredible! Awesome awesome work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back