Best Con To Go To Europe For?

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by macktruck, Nov 20, 2018.

1. macktruck

macktruck Member

Okay, okay.....

I have wanted to go on vacation to Europe and I am a silly American.
    Recently I started my last vacation by going to the Phoenix Comic Con and finishing the vacation in Las Vegas.
    I was thinking of taking a vacation in Europe or maybe even Japan. I've heard they have some really crazy cons in Japan.

I only speak English. So perhaps only England and Germany (i think most speak English there) are possible?

Any suggestions on a Comic Con to attend to start my Europe vacation?

2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

macktruck, Well, it is late in the season and most of the cons that I have found for the group have already passed......that doesn't mean there aren't any. You can check out the lists in the Conventions and Prop Parties HERE, just look for the European and/or Unaligned Division Cons list. The only one I found upcoming was for Tokyo Con on Nov 30th....8 days away. Not sure when your vacation time is but if its any time later than than I can do a quick search if you like. Or just go through the links on the lists.....web-page would have the dates and locations for the upcoming year.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  3. macktruck

macktruck Member

I was thinking of next year, like 5 - 8 months out.
    Perhaps Gamescon in Germany might be good to go to.

Dirtdives likes this.
  4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

Ok I'll let you know what I find in that area.

5. macktruck

macktruck Member

I was kinda hoping for people's personal experiences to help weed out the poor ones.

Dirtdives likes this.
  6. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

Why not post in the European Regiment section or check out their convention reports?

Dirtdives likes this.
  7. macktruck

macktruck Member

Because I'm not even in any American Regiment and I'm supposed to be in a European Regiment to post there according to forum rules.
    Also, in the video she doesn't speak English so not good for an English only speaker.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Dirtdives likes this.
  8. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard RMO 405th Regiment Officer

It hasn't stopped Fireteam Off the Rails ;)

Get in there and ask some questions! They may be European but they don't bite.

9. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Sr Member

macktruck, have you seen the lists that I post? English, Chinese, German.......any language to where the con is being held. I only speak English, but Google translate speaks all.

PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  10. macktruck

macktruck Member

You can't use google translate in real time in person at Cons. My cell phone probably won't even work in Europe. It's a great tool for figuring out what people are saying when you have tons of time, it's horrible for trying to have an enjoyable experience at Cons that don't speak your language.