Best place to buy armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismorris980

I'm extremely intrested in buying some custom handmade armor. I don't have the time to make armor myself plus I'm afraid that I'd screw it up. Also I don't have a 3D printer so that makes things harder for me. So in this thread could you guys post where the best place to buy full suits of armor is and if you're selling armor currently then put that here too cause I'm intrested

You're better off looking through the Classified section of this forum, or browsing the Internet to find reputable makers. We generally don't discuss the sale of armour openly on the forum, we have the Classified section for that.

However, I could recommend either locating yourself a Rubies Master Chief costume, or contacting Sean Bradley for an ODST kit.

First of all, you do NOT NEED a 3D printer. I don't have one and I make my stuff out of EVA foam. 3D printers are too expensive for me. :p As for where to get a set, you would just have to try and track someone down that takes commissions. Be prepared to spend A LOT more than you would if you made it yourself though. ;)

I was worried about screwing up my armor if i built it my self, (hence why its taking so long for me to build it....) but i figured it would feel better if i made it my self and the cost would've been more than halved, yet if you are willing to pay the money for someone to build your armor, check out ETSY. Right now, i think only 2 shops have some type of armor last i checked (Don't be afraid to contact the seller about custom builds, I'm more than certain they would be happy to.), but in the summer I know more shops that make and sell armor will pop up as people will have more time to build. BUT be prepared to pay up to $1000 + US and at least 6 weeks, maybe more if painted and if electronics are added. Hope this helps.

It really does help, I figured since I'm terrible at making accurate and to scale measurements that I'd screw it up, but then I realized that there really isn't an accurate way to measure it as long as it fits and as long as it looks good, right? So thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!, I was worried that I wouldn't measure or scale properly if I built it myself but I guess I'll give it another shot

If I had a 3D printer, I could do wonders, lol. I could never afford a good 3D printer...
Most people don't have 3D printer - most of costume makers make their own costumes by hand - foam, pepakura or even cardboard...

If you want to pay like 1000$+, sure you can buy an armor... Rubies or Etsy or other makers, you can also try Halo Props group on FB.
However, if you have the time and you'd be interested in building a costume yourself - JUST DO IT! (got the reference? :D)
Really, no armor you'll buy will make you as great as when you make it yourself. :D
Also, doing the costume yourself will give you the chance to make it best fit for your body as you'll be doing it and measuring on yourself.

If you feel like doing the finishing i have a base set of Sean Bradley ODST armor plus a Branfuhr SMG M7 that just need to be assembled, painted and sanded. I got them for about 650 i'll sell for 350

Try Etsy. There are several people on there who will make you custom armor to your measurements. I'm sure there are people here who will do the same as well or who are even the very same people, but definitely try Etsy for what you're looking for. :D

But expect to shell out a grand or more depending on what you want.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back