Props Bevbor's Sniper Rifle Of Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow im drewling already i cant wait to see the final pic no wait because then my head will explode in amazingness

Wow....I am glad you are doing this. Now I know what to expect
wink.gif

Okay. I know there are some people who have been watching this thread wanted to know where to get the file, what file is that, etc, etc. Well, I got bevbor's permission to unfold and post the file here when I was done. You can find the download here.

Enclosed in the .zip, are all of the pieces unfolded individually, that way it doesn't kill your computer's speed, and a file with the rifle fully assembled. bevbor, I hope you don't mind, but I also included your .pdf of your blueprints off of which the .pdo was designed. I personally feel like it adds a lot of reference material. There is no password associated with it, and bevbor gets 100% credit for the model. There are a couple areas that you could probably clean up better than I could with some of the unfolds, but feel like I got everything half-way decent.

p.s. - Sorry for the double post!!

Harding29 said:
hey mks i downloaded the file but i cant open the file,unzip it,or anything

Right click on the .zip folder, and hit "extract all", or a variation thereof. Follow the extraction wizard to where you want to store it, and you should be good. I just tried the link myself, and it works.

Also, on another note. I did some reading, and I think this model is about 45cm too short. This model is, I believe 142.6 cm, and the true 1:1 scale is 187.5 cm. I went ahead and resized it, reorganized everything, and did another .zip file for that size. You can find it in the same location as the other file. Just look back in the Halo 3 weapons folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah for some reason when i download the file its like not in a zipped folder but i guess its saying it is,idk what the prblem is

it might be the PD version so what pepakura designer do u have,but idk y this wouild effect the zipped folder thing

Harding29 said:
yeah for some reason when i download the file its like not in a zipped folder but i guess its saying it is,idk what the prblem is

it might be the PD version so what pepakura designer do u have,but idk y this wouild effect the zipped folder thing

That's wierd. I downloaded it, and it was definitely a zipped folder. I saved it in PD2, but can also be opened in 3.

mks81 said:
That's wierd. I downloaded it, and it was definitely a zipped folder. I saved it in PD2, but can also be opened in 3.

huh thats weird could u send me the the folder u have to my email

if u can PM for email thanks

That sniper rifle is coming along VERY nicely. The crafstmanship is exceptional! :) Looking forward to seeing what this will look like when finished.

Also how long is this thing going to be when finished??

@Harding: I will e-mail you the file. I think I still have your address, if not I will pm you.

@HG: over 143cm long.

Good work on unfolding, mks81!

I still didn't unfold it till the end - I do unfold and then build, again and again :)

HaloGodess - thanks :)

Now I made one leg :)

(Press picture to enlarge)

3853094961_20cf9a5955.jpg

3853095665_dca80da8a1.jpg

3853091355_88ab6a1afd.jpg

3853091905_d657a8d2cb.jpg

3853881982_babc1c83b9.jpg

3853882770_3a15686820.jpg

3853094261_d088471a21.jpg

I took the leg from home to workshop (ok, not really workshop, it is computers lab :), now it is how it may be looks assembled:

(Press picture to enlarge)

3854423799_051158ec75.jpg

3854423923_782f8f1a3b.jpg

3854423677_71573e7326.jpg

My gawd, man... this has got to be the best Pep'd SR I've ever seen. Such clean, crisp folds, and I love the detail put into it (the more detail the better I always say, lol) :D

How long will this thing measure in at once it's all put together? :unsure

mightymints said:
man this is excellent!

I do all my best :)

SPARTAN II said:
How long will this thing measure in at once it's all put together?

143.5 cm

I'm 172 cm high, so when I without a boots, SR length must be exactly from the floor up to my chin :)

It is scaled down a lot, and I'll maybe add 10 cm to the barrel. Maybe.

the pep work on this project is beyond belief for me, so you can make extremely realistic objects out of nothing but paper, I can't wait to see this finished

bevbor said:
[...]

143.5 cm

I'm 172 cm high, so when I without a boots, SR length must be exactly from the floor up to my chin :)

It is scaled down a lot, and I'll maybe add 10 cm to the barrel. Maybe.

Well, sounds like it's a decent size, dude. Can't wait to see more of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back