1st Build Biskt's Halo Infinite Chief Build

MasterChiefK180

Printer Arrived!
Just been printing test prints, pretty happy with them so far, I might try printing a magnum while I work on the armour.

In regards to the sharing the files, I may put the printable ones up for sale once they're complete. I'm not sure if I'll model the helmet, there seems to be a few good ones out there already, we'll see.

View attachment 292747
Where will you be selling them. If you can, could you leave a link?

MasterChiefK180

Printer Arrived!
Just been printing test prints, pretty happy with them so far, I might try printing a magnum while I work on the armour.

In regards to the sharing the files, I may put the printable ones up for sale once they're complete. I'm not sure if I'll model the helmet, there seems to be a few good ones out there already, we'll see.

View attachment 292747
Could you post the link to the place you’re selling them?

Biskt

Made a little progress, I've figured out the pipeline for getting my models into a printable state. Made the handplate to use as a test, which i printed at 0.25 layer height (0.4mm nozzle,) below is the result.

I figured I'd put the file up for free too if anyone wants a nice handplate model, I've attached it to this post.

The file is pretty much raw export from Zbrush so it's scale is wildly off, CURA imported it at 10,000x scale by default, just something to be aware of, it is however scaled to me (just factored down by 10,000 :lol:,) so it'd fit you if you're around 6'4, you may want to make it smaller/larger to fit.
If any of you guys do print it, please let me know if you have any feedback on how the model prints.

33.PNG

36.jpg
37.jpg

Attachments

• Biskt_Chief_Handplate.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 11
Made a little progress, I've figured out the pipeline for getting my models into a printable state. Made the handplate to use as a test, which i printed at 0.25 layer height (0.4mm nozzle,) below is the result.

I figured I'd put the file up for free too if anyone wants a nice handplate model, I've attached it to this post.

The file is pretty much raw export from Zbrush so it's scale is wildly off, CURA imported it at 10,000x scale by default, just something to be aware of, it is however scaled to me (just factored down by 10,000 :lol:,) so it'd fit you if you're around 6'4, you may want to make it smaller/larger to fit.
If any of you guys do print it, please let me know if you have any feedback on how the model prints.

View attachment 301213
View attachment 301215 View attachment 301216
Looks great. I’ll try printing it soon when I have time. I suppose it’ll look smoother if you print the piece vertically

Biskt

Thanks guys,

Hein B287 It looks worse in the pics yeah, I don't mind filling and sanding a bit at all, just those interior parts are a pain!
I'm realising I'll definitely have to consider which faces are pointing which way when slicing and prioritise/balance that with print time/layer height. However this is a test of the 'lower' resolution I plan to use for the simple but large parts I don't want to spend multiple days printing lol, I plan to break out the detailed parts as separate chunks I can print at a higher res and slot in.

MasterChief7117 Last time I printed something vertically it fell over :( I'm confident I've got bed adhesion figured out but for once I wanted to not wake up to a plate of spaghetti ;) If you do end up printing I'd love to see what it looks like printed at a higher res!

DonJacoby30

I'm not sure if I'll model the helmet, there seems to be a few good ones out there already, we'll see.
have you reconsidered doing the helmet at all? I feel like I've looked at all the current infinite chief helmet files that can be found and none of them seem to be close enough. With the level of detail your putting into the chest I think you have potential to model the best helmet yet, and i would definitely pay for files whenever your able to get around to figuring that out. Hopefully we can see another update soon?