BLACKULA727's Noobtastic Halo 3 Recon Helmet WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to buy my own material - how much resin and bondo did you use?

I'm not really sure. I had a bunch on hand and I get free body filler. I probably used about a quarter of the big can worth of body filler maybe a third.

Really awesome job, man! That looks awesome! I have two questions for you.

1. What height did you scale this?

326mm, its a wide helmet, so this scale is to big. I probably should have scaled it to 290 - 300.
2. How tall are you?

5'6"

I only ask because I tried to do a Recon helmet several months ago and it was way too small. I would prefer not to make the same mistake twice. :p

Try reading through some of the scaling tutorials on this site. It's worth it. They definitely helped me.

wouldnt scaling this helmet to the same hieght as say the low def mk vi helmet fit? cause thats normalliy what i go by for my helmets

I'm not sure. I dont know what the scale is. Also, I typically just measure from my chin to the top of my head add 1/2" to1", ear to ear and add 1/2" to1", nose to back of head add 1/2" to1". I then convert all three to mm. After that I first compare what I came up with to the default on the model. If any one of the measurements are under my scaled threshhold, I then adjust accordingly (the model). THis method is just my way of doing it. there are better tuts out there though. Also, this won't work with models that have large protrusions or objects jutting out of them (like the Hayabusa), for these, you have to factor into the scaling those types of things. I had to ask Ral Partha to help me scale my Hayabusa helmet (its printed, I just haven't started it yet). Good luck guys!

nice!
i am trying to do one myelf but evry time i scale it and try to same it says " you must enter the password before saving/exporting data to file." watt do i do?!

Wow this is amazing I was thinking of doing the recon for my first helmet and your updates on this and your visor method will be very helpful. Thank you and Goodluck

Hey man Im gonna start making the Recon Helmet today, how long did it take you to assemble the paper part? Also this is my first ever piece of armor that I am making so i am really excited :D

Hey man Im gonna start making the Recon Helmet today, how long did it take you to assemble the paper part? Also this is my first ever piece of armor that I am making so i am really excited :D

Sorry man, I have really neglected this thread. I haven't touched this helmet in quite a while because its scaled wrong and it was my learning helmet (1st one). With that said, it took me a weekend to assemble. though, i think I could do it much faster now. I was just learning pep at the time. Its not a difficult model to put together. Good luck!

Shrubpig, Halokillskat was saying this thread hadn't had a post since June. Dead thread for all but the person who started it. It's called Necro-posting. Kinda frowned upon. Just keep an eye out for the last time someone posted to a thread. If it's more than a month or so, don't post anything. Just a heads up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back