Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that later, the color could cause a problem for painting... make u use extra coats u know.. for instance if I was using colored paper I would probably have to paint a lot since I'm planning on using white...

yeah I know, but im willing to do many layers of paint, plus ill have to.

White primer, then matte black, then someothe kinda black, then grey and black mix. I dunno, ill figure it all out later. Its still aways away considering that I keep messing up what I already have hahaha

this whole thread makes me weep...in a good way....:p

I cant really believe everyone is using my unfolding of this crap model!

and i thought nobody would try a pep sniper rifle :D im frickin glad i was wrong!!!

Hey guys! I actually was able to save my sniper rifle. AND IT LOOKS GREAT (i think)!!!! I got both 'legs' on and resined in place and I'll get one of the 2 PVC pipes installed tomarrow hopefully. The "moving" piece is giving me alittle bit of trouble but thats easily fixed once I cut the screw in half (I accidentally got resin/super glue wedged into the piece the screw goes into, bu tI know in the end it will work out) I ripped out the "guts" that kept the magazine in place, a part easily replaceable, so I could get the fixed moveable part inplace and get the first PVC attachment centered and straight.

I'll upload pictures sometime tomarrow if I get anythign else done, there are passing thungershowers in my area right now with high winds so I had to call it quits by 4pm today :cautious: but, again, I'll get back on track.

So this update was just to let everyone know that I was able to reverse the damage I had done last weekend and make improvements to what I now have, a masterpiece in the works.

@RvB4Life: Thank you for having this model available for me. Its bee a challenge and a pain in the ass at times but I couldnt be more proud of myself right now :] I hope what I have to show for my efforts wont be a dissapointment for you.

:D i contributed to the world!

and ShArK, yeah, its crap. Its not my best unfolding, but its the only pep sniper rifle in the forums. Now...to the other weapons!

Well heres my latest update....

Not looking soo crap ;)

dscf6072gm9.jpg

Im realy enjoying building this...

Any plans for a H3 rifle?

Heres my "end of the week" update. Ive finally got everything where I want it more or less, I only need to work on the barrel and the 'guts' really. Ive actually been looking for a cheapo scope to install and I think Ive found the perfect one! So here you go, the PVC pipe is not straight adn I wont worry about that till I actually get all the 'guts' in place. The movable knobby thingy isnt straight either but I only haveing it sitting in its place, its not final. And sorry for the bad pictures, the lighting in this damned house sucks.

DSC01379.jpg

It looks like it leans forward too much only because the legs are not sitting on top of the couch

DSC01380.jpg

Its not all straight just yet but for throwing pieces together really quickly it came out pretty well I'd say.

Any positive/negative feedback and/or critisism would be nice to hear right now.

Looking good BRI. I can't see anything wrong with it that can't be fixed. Can't wait to see the finished product! Keep up the good work.

I did resin it, its got about 4 layers right now. Once I get the Barrel installed i'll start to Bondo (im anticipating this part, i think i'll really screw up )

Aww thanks Red :]

I would love to hear more thigns from everyone here, what needs improvement (even though I'm not done yet lol) and just little bits of friendly advise, this is my first project and Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but i want to know if its lives up to everyone elses standards as well :p

So.... anything anyone has to say is greatly appericiated and welcome :D

Sweet, today on my lunch break I went home and worked on my SR abit. Now I have the barrel ready for instalment. And the 'legs' and body are just sturdy enough for me to put the PVC pipe in (its alot of weight for 67lb cardstock to hold) and let it sit. I need to build a cradle for the inside of the rifle to hold it in perfect place while I secure it. OMG IM SO EXCITED!!!!

Maybe tonight i'll get a quick snapshot of how the qwhole thing looks with all the pieces attached!

Sorry I didnt get pictures up last night of the whole rifle in its nearly complete Stage 2 Glory, my grandmother died yesterday and I got distracted from my work. Sorry, Ill be takeing pictures sometime today.

R.I.P. Viola Carrick

Pffht! My dad wont even let me go to the funeral! Hes acting like I'm 5 years old! He thinks that I dont belong there and its unnecessary for me to pay my respects to a grandmother who always tol him I was her favorite grandchild, a woman whom I loved and respected. makes me sick....

I'm not on speaking terms with my family right now, so since I have all this free time now. All I can do is focus on my projects.

Thanks for the hug wishes, luv.

Aw, BRI... I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's always tough when you lose a loved one. It's not at all fair the way your father's acting in this, not letting you go to the funeral. What the hell's his dysfunction? Geez.

Since you have all this free time what with not being on talking terms with your family at the moment, I agree the best thing to do is to keep yourself busy with work and projects like this. Helps to keep your mind off things a bit. I would know.

Though it's taken some time for me to get back to this thread (had some things going on recently that kinda preoccupied my time for the most part, and kept me away from here), I'm glad I decided to stop by today and see what progress you've made.

That SR is looking pretty damn kewl there. You've obviously got most of it together, minus the PVC barrel. I can already imagine what it'll look like finished, heh. Everything looks good to me, so I can't really think of any constructive criticisms to post.

One thing for when you're bondo-ing, though. Make sure to do it in light, thin layers. You don't want to apply too much as that could obscure any details present on the Pep model, and will result in unnecessary work on your end to sand it down and thin it out.

Unevenly applied bondo can also lead to unbalanced weight throughout the piece, so be careful of that as well.

Btw, what did you decide on for installing in the scope housing? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back