Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU64 said:
I saw a guy mess up the hood on his truck using great stuff foam. His plan was to fill in the holes on the hood "frame" then slice the foam flush so he could have the bottom of the hood covered in Rhino truck bed liner.
When the foam cured, the top of the hood had bumps all over from where the foam expanded.
So if it can bump up sheet metal, you can imagine what it will do to lightly resined paper :D

i probably wouldn't take that risk, expecially considering what we're talking about... i mean come on, we're taking about a sniper rifle... the only good one that i've seen so far... :)

BTW... 8 pages yay!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i probably wouldn't take that risk, expecially considering what we're talking about... i mean come on, we're taking about a sniper rifle... the only good one that i've seen so far...

Awww, thats so sweet :D !!!!! And yeah, 8 pages and only most of it is just talk... That will soon change when I start posting mad pics with resin, pvc barrel, movable parts, bondo, detailing, paint (which I still want peopl eto vote for!), etc.

Glad to see you're making progress BRI. 3-4 coats of resin should work and be a little sparing with the good foam. Don't want an exploding SR on your hands. Take your time and all will come out well. Have faith in yourself and the knowledge you have learned from the 405th (and elsewhere).

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Awww, thats so sweet :D !!!!! And yeah, 8 pages and only most of it is just talk... That will soon change when I start posting mad pics with resin, pvc barrel, movable parts, bondo, detailing, paint (which I still want peopl eto vote for!), etc.

Yeah, but... it's all been good, constructive/productive discussion :D

And, did you say moveable parts? Sounds kewl. I am definately eagerly awaiting seeing more pics of your progress. Don't keep us in suspense too long... the natives might get restless:lol:

Btw, have you purchased the PVC tubing for the barrel yet? o_O

If it helps, what I'd do is make the rifle in parts, then resin those parts pretty solidly, shore it up with card on the outside to make sure it doesn't buckle, and take it lightly with the foam when you fill her up. After that, clean up any excess, trim it all to fit, and glue it up using some decent hot-melt glue.

Once you're done fitting it back together, add a few more coats of resin to fill the cracks, give it a little sand down, add bondo, and you're done sweetie <3

And I'd go for a standard paint job myself, hunny.

Well I WAS gonna post pics but..... since it was my first time working with resin, I went alittle wild. There is minimal warpageon the body but i deff need to buy a dremel to get it even... I totally F****d up a few pieces and ill have to rebuild them. but nothing that wont take me more than a days work..... If you all really want, when i go hom for my lunch break today i can post pictures so you all can see the damage....

It probably isnt THAT bad but i'm a perfectionist and anythign that I make that doesnt look ABSOLUTELY right is considered garbage to me..

I blame the expanding foam....

Ok all...heres a few piks of my WIP rifle..

dscf6028lz4.jpg

dscf6046ws0.jpg

ShArK said:
Moving parts???

Superb! :D
I want to get a few 14.5mm rounds turned...just so i can have them in the mag!

next time im on base i can get ya some spent rounds if ya want..would be pretty simple to sculpt the tips back on...i got a few hanging round the house but they are for another project lol

I just replaced a f***load of pieces and got a few things upgraded in the process, the only thing I have to replace now is the tip of the barrell (that turned into a balloon when i overfilled it with expanding foam lol)

As promised here are pictures of my failure in progress:

DSC01368.jpg

I got one leg on, lets see how long THAT lasts :cautious:

DSC01369.jpg

The rifle as it looks right now, im going to be putting the attachments on after i'm satisfyied with the resining.

DSC01370.jpg

Bucket-O-Pieces I'm still messing around with lol.

I know, I screwed up....

Looking sweet there!...good to see some pics!...

YAY for S2's!

Edit:

Quick update before i go to bed!
End of day 2 of building...Total time spent overall so far is about 3 hours.

dscf6048sp0.jpg

Ahh! long weekend! I'll be doing more "clean-up" work on this rifle, I havnt completely given up on it just yet. Ill be working on a few internal structures and hopefully I'll get everything back on track... I promise there will be more pics, hopefully ones which show the "moving" parts ;)

Last night I went and bought a Dremel, hopefully Ill be able to figure out how to use it properly.... oh man im excite!

oh, and im still looking for a scope, It needs to be no longer than 10 inches and it has to be really slender. I sure hope I can find somethign like that...or maybe if one of you guys (looks at every 405ther O.O) can let me know if you come across something that fits this discription, taht would be marvelous!

Wallmart should have a load of cheap scopes?...at a guess...

Im not working on any of the rifle tonight...Im off to the pub...But hopefully sat evening/sunday il be doing some work on it!

There is no Walmart anywhere near me, I too will spending most of my time at a pub/boat parties/island parties and such but I will get some work done with building. Free beer takes priority over my sniper rifle lol.

My dad bought it at officemax about a year ago and never used it. I just went and bought a new bundle of cardstock, all white this time :D

well, once I get everything straightened out, it looks like I'll be painting my final product black/grey No more pretty colors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back