Props Blacrose's Sniper Rifle W.i.p.

What would be the best finishing paint job?

• Desert Camo (browns)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pink Camo, seriously

• Black and Grey

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You and me both, BRI! I'm all thumbs when it comes to fabricating my own electronics, lol.

I'm eager to see what both of you come up with for your SR scopes :)

So now that i got my concert out of the way with some cash to spare, today after work I plan on goin down to my local hardware store to pick up the things I need to get back on track with my Sniper Rifle (and I will be doin a self mold to use as a mannequin for my armor, which I plan to start this month). So my shopping list consists of the following, If i need anything else, pleaselet me know!

Shopping List:

-fiberglass resin
-fiberglass cloth
-bondo
-51" long 1" diameter PVC pipe
-expanding foam
-cardstock (for a few pieces I have to replace/add)
-4 large rolls packing tape
-4 small rolls packing tape
-2 rolls of cling wrap
-brushes
-spacklin plastic tool(i dont knwo what its really called)

Ill post pics if I actually make some sort of progress this weekend.

I was wondering when you were going to get back to this, lol. Hope to see some new pics soon! :D

EDIT: Your materials list seems pretty well complete. I personally can't think of anything you might need to add to it...

Yes Sir, Ive got the measure ment to the nearest inch rounded down so I can make sure it fits the length of the gun to its scale. And I hope that filling the body cavity with expanding foam is strong enought to hold the PVC in its place...

Also i realized that for the magazine compartment to stay foam free, ill have to make another magazine and probably coat it with vaseline so i can keep the shape and hold of the mag compartment. The reason I say that i have to make another one is that I custom sized the mag that you see in the picture, i shortened it by 4 inches i believe.... Just so it looked more realistic to the in-game look. The mag was just too big for the rig that I made inside the gun to hold it in its place, it is pretty ingenious work :] and i'm very proud of it.

Heh, I almost sound like I know what I'm doing :D

Ready to see more progress pics on this! I vote the black and grey standard in-game colors. Just cause thats what I'm familiar with and I can stay inside my comfort zone with it.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Yes Sir, Ive got the measure ment to the nearest inch rounded down so I can make sure it fits the length of the gun to its scale. And I hope that filling the body cavity with expanding foam is strong enought to hold the PVC in its place...

Also i realized that for the magazine compartment to stay foam free, ill have to make another magazine and probably coat it with vaseline so i can keep the shape and hold of the mag compartment. The reason I say that i have to make another one is that I custom sized the mag that you see in the picture, i shortened it by 4 inches i believe.... Just so it looked more realistic to the in-game look. The mag was just too big for the rig that I made inside the gun to hold it in its place, it is pretty ingenious work :] and i'm very proud of it.

Heh, I almost sound like I know what I'm doing :D

LMAO! :lol:

Too funny, BRI. That's the interesting thing about our hobby here; as you go along, you actually learn things, lol.

You've made some really impressive progress/work on this so far, imho. Seeing you put this thing together's got me itching to do one myself. But, I should probably focus on getting more done on my Mk VI armour first :p

I agree the best way to go about the issue with the mag would be to construct another one to the file's specs, so as to retain the correct shape and size of the compartment.

At the same time, though, I think it was a good idea you shortened the first one as you'll be able to still use that one after you've put in the PVC piping for the barrel. You'll have more than enough clearance to fit it in place once the barrel's in there.

So, yes... make another one at full size, but keep the one you first made to use after you've finished assembling it (ie. barrel). I'm eager to see some more progress on this, just so you know... ;) lol

Last edited by a moderator:
BlacRoseImmortal said:
So now that i got my concert out of the way with some cash to spare, today after work I plan on goin down to my local hardware store to pick up the things I need to get back on track with my Sniper Rifle (and I will be doin a self mold to use as a mannequin for my armor, which I plan to start this month). So my shopping list consists of the following, If i need anything else, pleaselet me know!

Shopping List:

-fiberglass resin
-fiberglass cloth
-bondo
-51" long 1" diameter PVC pipe
-expanding foam
-cardstock (for a few pieces I have to replace/add)
-4 large rolls packing tape
-4 small rolls packing tape
-2 rolls of cling wrap
-brushes
-spacklin plastic tool(i dont knwo what its really called)
Ill post pics if I actually make some sort of progress this weekend.
I'm pretty sure you are thinking of a putty knife

Wow, its already sunday! Damnit.

I didnt get a chance to work on the SR because ive been building a replica mannequin of myself (its alot of freakin work!) and Its been HELL. I actually just filled a leg with the expanding foam for the second time since the first application expanded and split my seams :cautious: and i had to cut it out and retape everything. I was thinking about starting to resin my SR but I realized also that my bank account says $4.96 available lol.

SO, its gonna have to wait till after the 15th of this month... I guess once my mannequin is finished ill post pics of it (its creepy lookin because we used sooooooooo much freakin tape that its out of proportion lol)

Sorry for the let down on progress guys :(

I used to have an old digital camera that looked alot like the scope on the sniper rifle, but I gave it away... :(

actually its not to scale, its short by approximately 10 inches. and I just got my Tax Return abnd it looks like i'll vbe able to start resining and bondoing this weekend :]

BlacRoseImmortal said:
actually its not to scale, its short by approximately 10 inches. and I just got my Tax Return abnd it looks like i'll vbe able to start resining and bondoing this weekend :]

Yay! Then you'll mold it, right?

I dont know if im gonna mold it, remember this is my very first try at building ANYTHING lol. It wont come out perfect but im gonna try my best to get ever last detail. if I actually have a good finished product, then ill start thinking about molding it....but i highly doubt it lol.

Oh and about my tax returns, i forgot that I owe my dad $3000 so I have to hand him all the money i just got :'(

Ill try and keep like 50 bucks out of it and get some more expanding foam (im halfway done with my mannequin) and resin, just to get started.

BTW: I finished replacing the cardstock pieces that were mad warped and funky lookin on the SR, and I made that extra mag. I PROMISE TO GET SOME RESINING DONE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, and no apologies necessary for the delay with this, BRI.

I'm sure everyone here can understand that, as much as we love this hobby and doing what we do, sometimes real-life matters get in the way. Such things do have to take precedence, after all.

Sorry to hear about your tax return, but I am glad to hear you'll be able to squirrel away at least a little bit of money to put toward resin and what not so you can get some work done on this over the weekend.

I'm anxious to see more work on this beauty. Keep it coming! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back