Blueassassin's Mk Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueassassin547

hey 405th--

i've gotten my helmet done. for some reason, my pride wouldn't let me do a normal version, and i hate myself for it. i started with Robo's model, and must have put in 390mm instead of 290mm, so it's way the hell too big [it's at home, i'll have pics of it at the end of the week]. Then i saw SQUIRL's helmet, and thought it looked easier...and i was wrong. but here's the finished pep. as you can see from the first picture, the brim is a little offcenter from the jaw, but i think that can be fixed easily enough. also, i don't like the support that runs from the spine to the forehead, so i think i'm gonna take it out and use it to straighten out the front.

anyway, i need some crits, forshizzle. thanks for looking (3

ah...also, sorry for the small pics and poor quality, all i have right now is my phone. i'll have better pics at the end of the week.

looks really nice turned ut good and just to say the pictures are way better then mine ever since my good camera died i have to use a POS camera

FETT: sorry about your camera, your stuff looks great though!!
pooper: thanks! diggin' your sig, btw

i should have it straightened up by tonite, and i'll post a picture of it again. unfortunately, all my resin and stuff is at home, so i won't get to play with it anymore until saturday. should be a fun weekend
also, mods...love the new look XD

I know you have the support struts and looks proportional and neat now but you may want to stick in the visor so it will key that edge where it's supposed to be when you resign it. Looks great!

thanks again, guys (3

Spawn Camp3r said:
I know you have the support struts and looks proportional and neat now but you may want to stick in the visor so it will key that edge where it's supposed to be when you resign it. Looks great!

i worked on it a little bit this evening. i was putting in the visor, and i was so damn clumsy with it that i just gave up and killed myself.
April Fool's :p

but seriously...i almost killed myself. i cut out a piece of cardboard and stuck it on the inside of the brim to stiffen it, then took out some struts and put them in different places to straighten everything out [still a little uneven, but i think it'll be ok. i've only got one pic for now, but i'll be running home tomorrow to get my resin and a better camera. and my RA said i could resin my stuff out on the lawn :D

Last edited by a moderator:
so i went home and got my resin, then hit home depot for a respirator and some more paintbrushes, got back to school...and realized i forgot the camera at home. but i still have my phone. i'll have the real camera one day.
anyway, so i got back and got to work. my first batch didn't cover the whole thing, but all i have left is the left and right jaw [i got the front, for some reason].
have moar pictures [i'll update this post with the fully resin'd product next week]
edit: i lied :s i won't be able to work on it until at least thursday. but i have a real camera now (3 i just need batteries...

i took my helmet home and fiberglassed and sanded the sucker, then put another coat of resin on it. should be hard by now. and, once again, i left the camera at home...but i have to go home tomorrow for practice, so afterwards i shall take some pics and post them.

and since i'd get bored at school, i assembled ROBO's right forearm. i sized it at 33cm [i'm 6'2.5''], but i think it looks a little big. maybe it's just hella wide.
have some more crappy cellphone pics D:

HELM LOOKS FANTASTIC :D

forearms are a bit too big I think, but they'll do :D you very good pepping skills hehe

BTW, your cellphone takes good pictures actually

I agree, your phone takes pics just fine and dandy. Yeah the forearms look a little too wide, but they look the right length. Wierd. You could be a extra buff MC! Good work!

centerside said:
HELM LOOKS FANTASTIC :D

forearms are a bit too big I think, but they'll do :D you very good pepping skills hehe

BTW, your cellphone takes good pictures actually

timonemycat said:
I agree, your phone takes pics just fine and dandy. Yeah the forearms look a little too wide, but they look the right length. Wierd. You could be a extra buff MC! Good work!

thanks, guys :D glad to know the phone pics are ok, hopefully i won't be so forgetful with the camera next time XS

i think i'm gonna drop the forearm to 31cm. abrant3 is taller than i, but his forearmor is 3cm smaller. not that it's that big of a difference, and i know that people are proportioned differently. maybe the HD forearm will be a little slimmer. we shall see

Yeah man those pics are pretty good for a cell phone, Mine are complete garbage. Looks like it's coming along nicely Keep it up man... BTW What pep did you use for the helm?

Wrath: the helmet is SQUIRL's HD Mk VI model

everybody: ok. it's been about 4 years since i've posted. not that i've gotten anything done. finished school and got a summer job. here's hoping it'll pay for some of this costume xs

anyway, this is what i've gotten done since last time. i've been browsing the interwebs and i think i'd like to try going the molding route instead of straight fiberglass/bondo, since it looks like it'll come out hella smoother/better looking. so as soon as i can get my hands on some clay, i'll test it on the handplates. until then, i think i'll just pep and resin some other parts.

once again, something looks off on the helmet. i think it's the bondo that i sanded all the way down on the chin. it makes the helmet look like it curves from top to bottom...or something like that.

are the handplates too big? judging by the pics of the chief/other spartans from Halo3, they look to be the right size...but i'd like some experienced opinions.

blueassassin547 said:
i took my helmet home and fiberglassed and sanded the sucker, then put another coat of resin on it. should be hard by now. and, once again, i left the camera at home...but i have to go home tomorrow for practice, so afterwards i shall take some pics and post them.

and since i'd get bored at school, i assembled ROBO's right forearm. i sized it at 33cm [i'm 6'2.5''], but i think it looks a little big. maybe it's just hella wide.
have some more crappy cellphone pics D:

your cellphone has a wicked camera and u have some crazy pep skills the forearm look too wide i think you should scale it lower

looks good so far, very nice pep you got there :) hardly any or no warping, nice snug fit... finish it :)

on a sidenote i dont think the handplates are too big, he´ll be wearing gloves "under" them after all.

keep up the good work ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back