Br, Pistol, Helmet, And Odst Chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie

Jr Member
Well, since my printer broke about 5 months ago. I have been unable to make anything using pepakura, which I hate because I wanted to try an odst. So what I did was start on a few weapons and work on stuff that I already had.

My first attempt at a BR. It looked way to bulky for my liking.

CIMG0418.jpg

My 2nd attempt.

CIMG0466.jpg

CIMG0467.jpg

CIMG0470.jpg

CIMG0473.jpg

CIMG0475.jpg

CIMG0478.jpg

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0489.jpg

CIMG0490.jpg

ODST Pistol

CIMG0483.jpg

CIMG0484.jpg

CIMG0485.jpg

MK VI attempts

CIMG0486.jpg

:eek is all i have to say NICE STUFF especially the br it's amazing see who need a printer (most people) goes to show how much determination you have with your armour and nice pistol and helmets keep it up my friend

M07Marauder said:
Really nice, love the BR especially :D .

What type of cardboard did you use?

I used a combination of of cardboard. To get the layering done, I used boxed cardboard. The white stuff is cardboard from guitar hero boxes.

Larven said:
Those weapons are really nice, are you going to paint them?

Yes, I plan to resin, bondo, and paint them. I going to do the pistol first, that way I get a feel of how it will go. I really don't want to mess up on the BR, the pistol doesn't take to long to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cope Cowboy said:
I'm sure witha little work you could easily setup that first one as the spartan lazer?

That's an idea but, I'm not too interested in a laser.

I'm impressed. Given the fact that you had to do all that just basically eyeballing it says something of your artistic talent.

your detailing was done nicely on first but you right.... i wouldnt be able to live with it if it didnt match the profile of the actual one

your 2nd one is tremendous. Is the white material a foam board? Thats a really good idea to to use for construction. Im going to have to give it a try. Just makes the surface even and smooth, unlike cardboard finishings

bobbio555 said:
i actually liked the bulky BR better, but it all looks amazing.

When I made it, I was happy with it but, after constantly looking at it and other pictures I realized the things that were wrong with it. Like the handle is crooked, the clip goes way to far past the grip, and it just seemed to wide.

i am haji said:
your detailing was done nicely on first but you right.... i wouldnt be able to live with it if it didnt match the profile of the actual one

your 2nd one is tremendous. Is the white material a foam board? Thats a really good idea to to use for construction. Im going to have to give it a try. Just makes the surface even and smooth, unlike cardboard finishings

Thanks, and no the white material is that cardboard from guitar hero boxes. I am thinking about using foam board for and AR in the future though.

Small Update: Well I've got the basic shape of the pistol done, so I'm now adding the detail that I can with cardboard. I'm also working on the laser sight and ammo clip. After that I plan to resin it. Then I'm going to use spackle to get the shapes that I want. Then bondo it but, all that is going to take a while.

CIMG0492.jpg

CIMG0493.jpg

I just noticed that I didn't have a full picture of the done br.

CIMG0495.jpg

Started on the laser site and flashlight.

CIMG0496.jpg

ODST Ideas:

I like most people have really taken a liking to the ODST game and its soldiers. The thing I like the most about the ODST rather than Master Chief, is that each ODST has their own personality. They're not one person. With the ODST you can see their personalities threw their armor, unlike the Master Chief.

So my thought, is to start making ODST Chest pieces. That are all different in some way. Some may have features from the game and live trailer but, they will not look exactly the same. I've started drawings and stuff but, at this moment it's just an idea.

CIMG0498.jpg

The start of my ODST Chest project.

CIMG0499.jpg

CIMG0500.jpg

CIMG0501.jpg

CIMG0502.jpg

It's 17" across, which is really too big for me but, like i've said in previous post. These are going to just be display pieces.

Scratch builds always seem to have more meaty heart a soul in them . If you have the Dollar Tree in your area they foam core a buck a sheet in store & online .I stealin that pretty red helmet :)

Um, wow didn't realize anybody posted in this after my post. Well, it's been about a month and not much has been done. I finished the cardboard stage for the pistol, now I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up. That and the fact that I have no money.

As for the chest piece, all I need to do is bondo and paint it, which I hope to start doing a little after the beginning of January but, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back