Brainstorm- Building nuke from Deliver hope trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electraknite

BMO
405th Regiment Officer
In the future I plan on Building the deliver hope version of Kat, and I want to build the bomb too. I plan on using my phone as the display. Does anyone have an idea on how to build this thing?

http://www.halopedia.org/Fury_tactical_nuclear_weapon

unnamed (1).png unnamed (2).png

I think that your best bet would be making a blueprint and layering sheets of wood (Kind of like 3d printing). Making it out of wood rather than foam will give it a sturdier feel, and more like if it was a real bomb. If you decide to go the wood route I would recommend a router to get all of the rough edges started, you would at least need a hand planer and jig saw. If you want the displays to work with your phone you would need to make an interactive app which is a pain (I know from experience). Have you considered printing out the displays and having a backlight? You could even have some tint to make it more realistic looking. If you are serious about this project I might be able to make some blueprints. Happy Building!

I did have a Pepakura file floating around somewhere that may help you. I'll see if I can dig it up.

When I made my HYDRA I used normal paper ( printed) and lamaniate it. Sanded the backside a tad and then made a defuser out of plastic to use a LED to backlight it .

easy peasy and not pricey.

Wow Thanks for all the comments guys!!
EVA might be a option.

If its * human* scale then Ill bet its about the size of a watermellon.
The wiki, which electricknite linked, says it's 30.5 centimeters (12 inches) length. The rest of the dimensions will have to be guesswork.
I think I’ll be making it the dimensions from the wiki. I think carrying around a watermelon sized prop all day at a con would be unpleasant to say the least…

I think that your best bet would be making a blueprint and layering sheets of wood (Kind of like 3d printing). Making it out of wood rather than foam will give it a sturdier feel, and more like if it was a real bomb. If you decide to go the wood route I would recommend a router to get all of the rough edges started, you would at least need a hand planer and jig saw. If you want the displays to work with your phone you would need to make an interactive app which is a pain (I know from experience). Have you considered printing out the displays and having a backlight? You could even have some tint to make it more realistic looking. If you are serious about this project I might be able to make some blueprints. Happy Building!
I’ve got a router I can use. I’m not sure I want to use wood even though it would have nice weight. I’d like to be able to carry it around at conventions and stuff so I was hoping for a lighter alternative. I wouldn’t mind using wood as a core to build around. Maybe pep and rondo though I’ve never done it before. For the phone idea, I wasn’t planning on making it interactive, I was thinking of making a gif that had a countdown and blinked basically. Blueprints of any kind would be super helpful though!

I did have a Pepakura file floating around somewhere that may help you. I'll see if I can dig it up.
THAT would be so awesome! Thanks!!

When I made my HYDRA I used normal paper ( printed) and lamaniate it. Sanded the backside a tad and then made a defuser out of plastic to use a LED to backlight it .

easy peasy and not pricey.

did you put your build online? I'd love to see pictures.

You could always make some sort of strap for it so you don't have to carry it around for hours.
I thought of that too. making it like a cannister that i could hide a strap inside, that way I could use it as storage too. a bomb purse. haha

You could always use it as a storage device, as you said, and just put a small water bottle in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back