BRODST's Helm [Modeled and unfolded by Kirrou]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRODST

Okay, so here ya go. I used the Rookie helmet "tester". Took me just under two days from start to finish, with many breaks for school, Gears 2, and general loafing.
Image8.jpg

Image5.jpg

The picture does the helmet a little too much justice. There are several spots where I was careless with the razor blade (Too lazy/strapped for cash to get an x-acto knife) or in too much of a hurry with the hot glue gun. At first, I thought it would be too small, but towards the end I thought it could be a little too big. I think I can make it fit to the shape of my head after glassing and padding, but I want to avoid the "bobblehead" look at all costs.
Image11.jpg

Hope you're pleased with my offering!

Looks pretty good man, personally I'd upgrade to the non-tester version and tweak it to fix the sizing issue but hey whatever floats your boat, good luck

I'm told it actually fits pretty well. In any case, I'm a pretty big fella, and at this point, I lack the skill and small fingers to pursue anything much more complicated. That said, I have some skill in the areas of dremel-fu, and I intend to carve in the finer details/smooth it the heck out when I can get ahold of some resin and bondo. I also have a buddy who's throwing together a Noble Six, so we'll see where that lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back