Bugs and Problems downloading files

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainWolf54

While trying to download several pepkura armor pieces, it continues to re-direct to me to a spam page and insist I download Stream-it search.

I looked for a shared file area that was mentioned in another thread but I can not find it.

I have pepkura downloaded, just need the files.

Can anybody lend a hand?

The Old File Archive is still up, but it is only accessible to members who register for the site on the Old Forums, before the move. Your profile looks new, so you probably won't have access. If you send me a PM with your email address and what Files you are looking for, I can check the Old Archive for you.

Cadet, all of us are having trouble downloading files. they appear to be corrupt.

maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but every time I open a downloaded .zip file, or any file, Windows says:

"Windows cannot open the folder

The Compressed(Zipped) Folder 'C: bleh, bleh, bleh.zip' is invalid"

Pepakura says:

"cannot open file"

thanks, and I hope you can help! :)

I have noticed that with several of the .zip files as well, but I have been able to download many individual .pdo files and have them work. If you can, send me a list of what files have not worked, I will compare it to my notes and pass it along.

Do you think we could upload the files we already have to rebuild the 405th library?
There's sort of a whole...situation in relation to that matter. Personally, I'm not betting on an archive like the old one being up on the new site for a long while.

There's sort of a whole...situation in relation to that matter. Personally, I'm not betting on an archive like the old one being up on the new site for a long while.

As it currently stands, the new Archive should be up at the end of February.

yeah i saw what happened after i browsed around a little

As it currently stands, the new Archive should be up at the end of February.
That's awesome, I have got my stuff built already but I'm trying to teach my friends and can't without the help of this site haha

The corrupt files aren't really corrupt at all. Chernobyl, the Librarian, has resigned from her title as librarian and from 405th. A majority of the Archives was created by her. When she resigned she requested that all of the files she made were turned into "inaccessible" files. Even if someone were to re upload it besides herself, the 405th admins would probably remove it or do something to the files or the person who re uploaded it. It would be kinda like a legal matter. This also applies for the zipped or compressed folders. I would suggest downloading the ones that were not created by Chernobyl, even though that severely limits your choices in the armors or armor parts you would build as well as weapons. About every weapon in the Archives was created by Chernobyl as well. I plan on trying to understand and learn how to create the files like pepkura and the 3D models to hopefully replace the ones that Chernobyl created and maybe one day become the next Librarian. I wish you guys good luck.

agentflorida - As far as I am aware the management denied Chernobyl's request to take her content off the site. The problem with corrupt files is most likely due to another reason, most likely due to the transfer to the new site. Just have to wait a little bit longer.

Understood PerniciousDuke. What I know is that every file made by Chernobyl is corrupted but the files created by those other than Chernobyl are working perfectly. I just think that that has to have relations with Chernobyl's resigning. I may be wrong but I just don't think things would happen like this and not be related. I will keep a section of doubt in my mind just to hope for a better outcome based on your knowledge. I may re download one of the corrupted files along with pepkura, and bring in someone I know very well with over 20 years of MIT or IT experience to look at at least one of the files and see if she can figure out the problem and provide a solution or fix it in general. I will tell you a solution to uncorrupting the files. However I don't know what I really am saying because I am not all that wise with computers when it goes to programs and corrupted files and admin/programming consoles. And yes I already have a lot of the corrupted files downloaded but I am not at my workspace or domain where I keep the files and computer and will not be there until Sunday. I will have to download it to my current domain with a different resources.

It's not really a corruption problem. Cherry never used the actual WinZip program when she uploaded her extracted models she used a free knockoff (7-Zip) and for some reason the real WinZip cannot read the converted zip.It would of been easier if she uploaded them as the native .7z file and I guess we will never know why she didn't since she got herself banned.

Dracosfire83, there's no reason to get into any verbal argument. what grudge do you have against Cherry? for what reason?

7Zip is a program very similar to WinZip, but it's open source. Did you ever think about how Apple had the one of the original GUIs, but Microsoft made a 'knockoff' of the software and called it Windows? the thing is, it doesn't matter what software. you're just trying to get at Cherry.

you've no reason to banter a person, especially since you don't know much of anything about a person.
Cherry may not be on the 405th anymore, but there's no reason to say jerk stuff behind her back.

agentflorida - You may be very right that they are connected, but staff has stated earlier in this thread that the archive will be up again by the end of this month. All I am saying is that we should give them until that time before we start getting involved. Your willingness to help I am sure is very appreciated, but since at this time you do not have experience in this situation it is probably best to let the staff handle things.

mblackwell1002 - What are you talking about? I know Dracosfire said some things in the original I Quit thread that he should be incredibly ashamed of (which I don't see happening) but, he has not entered the discussion in this thread and I don't believe you should be calling him out here. Your post should have been handled in a private message to him or the staff. :/

*Edit: it is possible that I can't see his posts because I've ignored him due to his ignorance. If that is the case, carry on my friend.

I am going to caution all of you to cool down. @Dracosfire83 might be on to something with the format the files were originally uploaded in, as I can unzip them and open them through 7-Zip, but not through WinZip, and it is something I will pass along to FANGS and Art Andrews as possible issues to look at.

However, I expect all you to behave respectfully. No flaming, snide comments, or out of context attacks/jabs/remarks/et cetera.

Good call, Cadet. I use WinRAR and haven't been able to replicate the issues some people are having opening the zip files, so you might want to look at that as a possible solution.

I am officially lost in this. I am guessing 7zip is by Apple and Winzip is by Windows and Microsoft? I will watch this thread and see if anything develops. I will remain on standby based on your post PerniciousDuke.

I have just looked into a thread where Chernobyl was last heard in. I completely withdraw my "Obsolete theory".
PerniciousDuke, Thank you for fighting for Chernobyl. The world needs people like you. Unless I see a post that I feel that is necessary for my comment. I will try to withdraw myself from this thread. I feel like I am only making things worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back