Building with EVA Foam compared to Pepakura/Papercraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlitoH

Hello again 405th

I still consider myself a beginner ive made afew things now and im loving the craft and community

My only downside is I have used only EVA Foam so far and at first glance Pepakura looks a little complicated to use those Templates on EVA foam but im aware alot of people do transfer over the templates to foam very well, Any advice? As I'd love to jump into some more of the Halo designs that don't have EVA templates

Thanks again everyone!

Hello Charli. Depending on the Armor Set, there is a chance that someone has already taken the Pepakura Templates and optimized them for Foam and it's been included in the our downloads. If you look at an entry in the The Armory for an armor, let's say, the the armor from Halo 3:ODST:

As you scroll down the list of the contents of the .ZIP file, you will see a lot of files ending in .PDO, these are the pepkaura files. You'll see thing likes halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-belt.pdo but as you get about half way down the page you'll see halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-belt-foam.pdo

The file with "Foam" in the file name has been optimized for foam construction. Look at the The Armory entry for the armor you want and see if any of the file names have "Foam" in the file name.

Hello Charli. Depending on the Armor Set, there is a chance that someone has already taken the Pepakura Templates and optimized them for Foam and it's been included in the our downloads. If you look at an entry in the The Armory for an armor, let's say, the the armor from Halo 3:ODST:

As you scroll down the list of the contents of the .ZIP file, you will see a lot of files ending in .PDO, these are the pepkaura files. You'll see thing likes halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-belt.pdo but as you get about half way down the page you'll see halo-3-odst-unsc-odst-belt-foam.pdo

The file with "Foam" in the file name has been optimized for foam construction. Look at the The Armory entry for the armor you want and see if any of the file names have "Foam" in the file name.

Hello Cadet!

That's insanely awesome! Thanks so much! I'm still new to all this and as it stand I'm only using my phone and a printer (Foam and tools aside of course) I'll have a look now! Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back