Bungie And Odst Coming To Your Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww damn! Redmond is only like a 35 minute drive from where I live... I guess it's either wait at GameStop to get my copy of ODST or go win Halo stuff...

Hard decision. Hard decision.

Kick ass. They will be in Cleveland on the 13th. Perfect for me. I'll have to wear my MK V helmet there.

- Adulese

HaloFreakX said:
I read on Twitter that there were 3 Custom Spartan helmets at the Truck playing Firefight, that's what they said. Not very descriptive and one picture looks like WETA ODST Helmet.

Yeah, one was my ODST, one was Fearless Son's Mark V, and (yes) a WETA ODST helmet. The WETA one was so cool, they brought it around and let people try it on and stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first heard about the truck I envisioned something a little more futuristic looking, like an Oshkosh.

038102.1-lg.jpg

If anybody does decide to head down to check out the truck and earns some swag and what not. Please post here :) .

I was SO excited to hear about this a couple days ago because something cool is FINALLY happening in MICHIGAN!!! :D I have missed out on so much cool events because I can't afford to travel too far from here. I never really even left the state! D:

The stop here in michigan isn't too far from me. It's about an hour drive, maybe a little more. I've been in the area before. I can not wait! I wish I could have my DARE armor done by then, but there is NO way since I keep running into too many problems. :(

Went there today. It was a great time! The staff there are mostly people from the promotional agency, not bungie/microsoft employees, but they were knowledgeable and very nice folks that were enjoyable to talk to and helped make the day go smoothly.

The truck is a treat to be in. It's a little fancier than the basic troop transport shown in the simple photoshop job. It's built to be a command vehicle so it's nice and spacious. Check out links at Halo Waypoint for images.The artwork inside is definitely impressive, and it was nice and cool. 8 people would play while 8 people would wait inside and watch. The gameplay was everything I could expect and I look forward to picking up the game soon. It is definitely fun to go through covenant with other people. The game was set to a 10minute time limit with unlimited lives, but for the adventurous, see if you can play on legendary mode, which has the normal limited lives setup enabled. The top individual scorers are awarded with the following:

3857663127_b180229f65.jpg

Easiest way to rack up kills? Hog the lasers/rocket launchers and blow up some Wraiths. But as mentioned earlier, the folks there are nice and try to make sure that people who stick around for a while don't walk away empty handed. Luckily I managed to earn mine by assassinating a couple of brute chieftains wielding fuel rods and hammers. Remember kids, teamwork means the enemy has more people to shoot at!

Again, the folks there were nice and let me set up a little prop display section near the truck.

3858450034_310c684cc2.jpg

3857661563_f74b39d344_b.jpg

It wasn't anything fancy like what might be arranged for an actual con. It was basically a couple of props or WIP props I had collected put on a trunk. I had a couple pictures that UNSC Leatherneck took at Operation Orange printed out to show mold making in progress (people loved the Zombie recon image that was tossed in there). I also printed out a page from the Soaring Hammer site that detailed the creation of the Recon V3 mold. And lastly was a list of credits and a 405th postcard that Draaku had handed to me last weekend at Dave's. Now I wish I had grabbed a bunch more!

Props displayed:

Marine Helmet Made by Adam

ODST Helmet/Chest Made by SavvyTank

Recon Helmet Made by Ithica

M6G/M6C SOCOM Made by LeeKeegan

SMG Made by NewSpartanCreator

M6C Made by Link

Master Chief Pepped by DGJ27284

I'll be setting up a similar little display tomorrow, minus the M6G since it has too many little moving parts so I want to reduce possible wear/tear. I wish I had my rough cast of Adam's AR here. Darn airport travel. Oh well.

Again, I can't say enough how much I'm grateful Saavytank let me get a copy of his chest. It looks amazing.

As far as costuming went, people enjoyed it, lots of questions were asked and lots of answers and pointing toward the 405th given, so hopefully some new members will come and a lot of the people that I ran into that had heard of the 405th but never found the motivation to start or finish their own armor got inspired.

Overall an awesome day, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Now for some pictures! A couple may have already been posted in my ODST thread.

By the ODST Truck:

3857660635_aa4bec4989_b.jpg

Waiting in line. The folks there offered to let me jump right to the front, but I'm a stickler for protocol. Besides, it gave me time to mingle. The guys in the front got crazy high scores, and the guys in back of me were also friendly and interested in armor making. One guy said he'd totally get a zombie recon tattoo.

3857662107_80f249d489_b.jpg

Stepping in for round 1. I ended up playing a total of...4 rounds I think:

3858451088_971fbe5d40_b.jpg

Gamestop wanted some photos as well:

3857662611_ab11b47bf0_b.jpg

And it's no Master Chief walking a dog, but it's a little break:

3857662873_2b665bbe7d_b.jpg

Again, the folks there were really nice. There were very few of the "ODST" shirts available, but they said they would ask around to try and pull some strings to get me one, which I appreciate regardless of their success (though if they do manage to dig one up, that'll be amazingly awesome).

The gamestop manager gave me a card to call around release date to see if I could help out. The ODST tour was also interested in having other people show up when I mentioned there were more costumes complete out there, such as in the Texas area, and also interested in working on things for future promotions. I'll post a bit more later on. For now, I have some suit repairs to do (though it held up better than I expected), and prep for tomorrow's trip to Antioch for a repeat of today. :)

Trooper0621 said:
There were very few of the "ODST" shirts available, but they said they would ask around to try and pull some strings to get me one, which I appreciate regardless of their success (though if they do manage to dig one up, that'll be amazingly awesome).

Lol, I asked about that too. Apparently there are so few that the PR guys with the tour only have one each. Here's to hoping they wash them often!

Good to hear everything went smoothly for you guys; it took them an hour just to set up, so it was 1-1.30 by the time people actually started playing. I guess they hadn't practiced "unfolding" the truck enough. :p

I'll be heading out to Shelby Township in Michigan to play some ODST for sure.

It's on a Saturday, so that's a plus. I also have the week before hand off from work, so it'll be a nice end to my vacation! :cool

Trooper0612: Wow, looks like you had a blast! Now I REALLY want to drag my boyfriend and his friend down to Chicago... I should go in Cortana since you mentioned other members possibly showing up in costume. ^-^ Hehe, too bad I don't live in Brentwood anymore, that GameStop in Antioch is like 7 min from my house! :(

That's so cool that they were so nice to you, and even offered to find you a shirt, and that was so generous of them to let you set up your display area. More advertising for the 405th! :D

Cough!! cough!! I'm not feeling good. I think I need to go home cough, sniff, sniff. Let me see if i can make a Doctors appointment in Antioch today.

Nice pictures.

Slam Bus Rodan said:
"Bungies comin' to your town, to help you party down; it's the ODST van!"

:rolleyes

Ouch. I guess that's a too much a stretch.

o_0 it a Trap!

Hey kids, i got games in my van!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back