C2E2 2021 Info and Roll Call: December 10-12th (Chicago, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT!!!
Heads up for those planning to attend C2E2 still. Keep an eye on their health guidelines. Currently they are planning to require face masks for all attendees, and those masks have to be visible at all times. So most helmets are likely to be out of the question at least at this point. While less of an issue with planning, they will also be doing temperature screenings for everyone entering and you will be unable to enter if your temp is above 100.4 F

Links:
Health and Safety Guidelines
Face Covering Guidelines

Hope this helps you plan out in advance if you need to make any changes or want to build another suit (can we get a bunch of people to build Marines?)

Things can still change between now and December, but be prepared.

I am officially planning on not showing up this year. Cons are just too iffy of a chance for me already experiencing COVID last winter. And the mask policy while not opposed heavily complicates costume.

Due to the mask policy I will no be attending. I don't mind wearing a mask, however being unable to wear helmets or costume masks since you can not see the persons mask, I cannot justify spending the money on a con I can't wear my cosplay I spent so much time and money on.

The levels of debauchery that will ensue are unfathomable
Eric Andre GIF

I will announce in here, that I too have decided not to attend C2E2 this year as well. That mask policy is a real bummer, not that masking up is a bad thing, just the fact of no helmets allowed. Here's to 2022 hi-jinx and mayhem.

I won't be attending this year either. I've gone back and forth, but have ultimately decided to not attend.

So, my question is, is there a rule with wearing a helmet/mask for photos? I mean, those rules read to me as
"as long as you're not constantly wearing a mask/helmet you are Good to Go" Soooo idk, maybe im looking too deep for a loop hole?

So, my question is, is there a rule with wearing a helmet/mask for photos? I mean, those rules read to me as
"as long as you're not constantly wearing a mask/helmet you are Good to Go" Soooo idk, maybe im looking too deep for a loop hole?
i dont really know ill look into it

wait everyone just thought of something you have to see the mask right so just make sure that the mask is visible through the vizor and you should be good to go

NobleofDeath16 has the initial boot on ground list been updated with those who aren't attending due to mask requirements? I was debating for a while on going to this con, as I have not been to C2E2 yet. Also, to those who are going: anywhere I can crash or share room if I decide to go?

Sorry but I wont be going due to the mask requirement. Hearing about it a while ago has made me slack on getting my armor done anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back