Calladar's Grunt WIP (pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put a lot of thought into your hands, It's kinda hard to describe so I'm going to show off my madz art skills and try to convey my message.
Please don't laugh at my drawings.

Doodles+001.JPG

The club like gloves will probably restrict her hand movement, but she will still be able to use her fingers.
If my mad gibberish is confusing, let me know and i'll try to explain.

your drawing ability is soooo much better than mine. stick figures all the way... lol.. but i like the idea.. i was looking at reference pics and thinking about it and was also looking at weeds build and doing some more thinking. after looking at the reference pics the forearms are longer than the norm so this would not stay in proportion but is still an option. i am starting to lean towards static hands which will be shaped to hold a gun and then make a cut at where my daughters wrists are and then creat a hinge so the arm basically flips open for her to be able to use her hands. using hinges, magnets and put a grip inside for her to be able to hold the folding part of the arm would give it stability and maintain the proportions i am trying to do. i do like the idea and will definitely keep it in mind as i work through this portion of the build.

Attachments

• Doodles+001.JPG
    Doodles+001.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 177
ok didn't do much with it today. worked on my wife's Kat suit today. but while watching paint dry (platidip). i played with the idea of static hands. this is what i came up with for an experiment. used some scrap to make this and then did some shaping. it is do-able. still playing with the ideas and suggestions.

DSCN2506.jpg

DSCN2505.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN2506.jpg
    DSCN2506.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN2505.jpg
    DSCN2505.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 149
ok i have not done alot with the grunt.. been working on the wife's kat armor.. after getting frustrated with sizing on the shins and make 2 shins and both being the wrong size i had to walk away from it for a bit. started back on the grunt and started working on the arm. after thinking long and hard i decided to just jump into it and see where i ended up. so i started making the arm (scratch build) and figured once i had it made i would modify / play with it to get it to work the way i wanted it to. so this is where i stand:

arm.jpg

will have more pics up in a bit once i get a little farther along.

Attachments

• arm.jpg
    arm.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 147
well i decided to go with static hands. would like to do more but running out of time. dragon con is only so far away and i have 4 kits i am making so kinda taking the short road but will have to do. was able to get the detail on the chest piece and ready for paint. my daughter's favorite color being purple i didn't have to guess what color she wanted it to be. have one arm half way done. hand and outside of arm are put together i still have alot of detail to do on the inside of the arm. after painting the chest i have to wire up lights and all but now that i have started on the arms about have the the hardest done (nest to the head).. so it is coming along. here is where i stand:

DSCN2648.jpg
DSCN2652.jpg
DSCN2654.jpg
DSCN2655.jpg
DSCN2656.jpg

the hole in the arm is so i can get to the inside to put a handle in for her to be able to hold the arm on with.

Attachments

• DSCN2652.jpg
    DSCN2652.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN2648.jpg
    DSCN2648.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN2656.jpg
    DSCN2656.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN2655.jpg
    DSCN2655.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN2654.jpg
    DSCN2654.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 138
Very impressive! Have you decided on a weapon yet? If your going for speed, a Plasma Pistol would be great. This gives me an idea; I could make a Life-Sized Grunt statue and put it next to a Jawa statue and the sAW doll I'm working on...

Very impressive! Have you decided on a weapon yet? If your going for speed, a Plasma Pistol would be great. This gives me an idea; I could make a Life-Sized Grunt statue and put it next to a Jawa statue and the sAW doll I'm working on...

ha.. that would be cool.. yea my daughter wants a needler. i told her if i had time i would try and make one for her. i plan on it but time is not on my side. i am making 4 kits for dragon con and i only have so many days off and so much time. not to mention the weather is turning nice and bike season in upon me and i have several commitments to bike rallies as well as benefit rides. so time is going to be an issue.

Yes! The grunt is seeing some action again! Hopefully you'll get all of this done in time.

I'm so excited to see this done! The detail is fantastic, and I have no doubt that this is going to look DOPE! Now you just need your daughter to hit the weights so that she can wave her hands above her head for long periods of time while she runs about.

I'm so excited to see this done! The detail is fantastic, and I have no doubt that this is going to look DOPE! Now you just need your daughter to hit the weights so that she can wave her hands above her head for long periods of time while she runs about.

LOL..the funny thing is she has been doing that with the one arm that is almost done. it is really light. so that will not be an issue. she has been practicing with her brother to get the run down just right.. she is soo looking forward to the parade at dragon con.

Yes! The grunt is seeing some action again! Hopefully you'll get all of this done in time.

no worries about getting it done in time it will probably be one of the first ones done. my problem is i have 2 i have not even started yet. my carter and my sons jun. sweating it.

wow. just wow, of most the stuff I've seen around here, seeing a grunt is refreshing, and its very good quality, I as well am curious to see the whole in one.

ok i am back at it.. had school for the last couple weeks and had to concentrate. almost have the arms done. started working on the needler. wow that sucker is a little bigger than i expected. have pics up here shortly. now running through the back of my mind the feet / legs. the wife has been working on finding a body suit for my daughter that she can pant/die to get the color right.

This is looking really great. Can't wait for the full thing.

thanks.. it is getting there..

well i have a problem.. out of foam.. so i had to order some more and now i am stuck until it comes in.

at any rate here is where i stand with the needler:

top half
needler.jpg

bottom half
needler2.jpg

how it will look together
needler3.jpg

then just had to play around a little. might work for an alien head...
needlerfun.jpg

Attachments

• needler.jpg
    needler.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 149
  • needler2.jpg
    needler2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 156
  • needlerfun.jpg
    needlerfun.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 140
  • needler3.jpg
    needler3.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 191
Looks very insectile... but tis epic! What are you going to make the needles out of? Clear plastic with purple LEDs at the bases?

...actually, that might even work with gluesticks.

Excellent work so far, looks just like the in-game Grunts! Really looking forward to seeing this finished; I think it's great to have more Covenant to counter all the Spartans!

Needler looks good so far, though it does seem pretty massive. Did you consider making it smaller, or were you going for the accurate in-game size?

Looks very insectile... but tis epic! What are you going to make the needles out of? Clear plastic with purple LEDs at the bases?

...actually, that might even work with gluesticks.

still working out the needles but i like the ideas. i was thinking of making one and a mold then making them out of plastic and paint. had not thought of clear and lighting them up. good idea.

Excellent work so far, looks just like the in-game Grunts! Really looking forward to seeing this finished; I think it's great to have more Covenant to counter all the Spartans!

Needler looks good so far, though it does seem pretty massive. Did you consider making it smaller, or were you going for the accurate in-game size?

well it is a little bigger than i was planning on. i used Bevbor's file and did not look at the size before i started and had the top half done and went "dang that is big" so i guess i am going for game accurate size so it is going to be huge. Going to go with it because i used so much foam to make it to this point and i am not going to waste it.

on a good note i got up this afternoon and there was a package on the front porch. the order of foam mats showed up. have to work this weekend and then i will be back at it on Monday.

Ummmm Yea..... BIG!!! ok so the needler is huge!!!

630409b4.jpg

looks good.. needs to be reloaded.. working on the ideas for the needles...

to get a better idea of how freakin BIG this thing is...

1a2878e9.jpg

and then my wife had to see how big it was so she came out and all she could say was (well i cant repeat it) lol..

27993c8e.jpg

now i have a problem as well. a human hand fits in it great. the grunt hands that i made do not fit in it to be able to hold it. don't know what i am going to do now. going to finish it but don't know if it will work for the original idea. now back to the actual grunt i have had my break and going to get back at it.

Attachments

• 1a2878e9.jpg
    1a2878e9.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 630409b4.jpg
    630409b4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 27993c8e.jpg
    27993c8e.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 140
Hahaha, that is cool! I guess The needler probably would be that big considering spartans and elites are like 8 feet tall.

The start on the needler looks awesome, and I'm going to state the obvious, it's real big too. Not enough people here make the covie weapons, it's nice to see someone making them and not using those laser tag toys.

This is looking fantastic! I was trying to talk my gf's nephew into being a Grunt, he wouldn't go for it haha. I remember seeing a thread a while back about someone doing a Needle rifle...that may give you tips about how to do the needles if you haven't already seen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back