Canadian Reg. Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be attending Anime Evolution this year, and hopefully in some spartan armour made for the Reach launch. I really need to resin my gear so far.

hey guys I'll be there at FAN EXPO 2010

I'll be wearing my iron man suit and my friend will be sporting the War Machine Suit, come over and say hi and take some pics with us to post on here. :)

Hi canadian from the 405th, I wanted to trow a idea. We could do a get together in canada or one in each province. That could help some of us to have the help they need to finish there armor and for other to make contact for next convention. So I would want to hear you on this and see if there would be some interested people.

Bonjour cher membre canadien du 405th, Je veu vous proposez une idée. On pourrais faire un rassemblement quelque par au canada ou en faire un dans chaque province. Sa pourrais aider ceu d'entre nous qui on besoin d'aide pour finir leur armure et pourrais aussi créer des contact pour les prochaines conventions. Alors je veu juste entendre vos idée sur le sujet et voir si il y aurait du monde intéresser.

Pat

i think it's a good idea, the hard part would be finding a good time and place for everyone.

let's get the ideas rolling.

Setchiel said:
I saw some UNSC at the Edmonton Comic Con. but I felt like a noob to approach :D

That would have been us, the full Calgary squad plus our Edmonton-based Cortana! If you see us, don't be shy. Let us know you are from the 405th too! Heck...take so pics with us too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but if we cannot all go to the same place we can always do it also by province.

But a really big canadian 405th regrouping could be very nice, we only need to find a place in the middle of canada and a big place to. Because if we are a lot of people who want to work on some armor, we gonna need a big place or some good weather to work outside.

Please post your idea, a really big regrouping would be really cool.

Pat

There's a Fan Expo in Toronto this August. I know that myself and a few other 405th members will be attending. I know it is a little out of the way for a lot of Canadian 405th members, but those of us from Ontario, and possibly Manitoba and some of Quebec may be able to make it.

i personally think that a big canadian get-together has a very low chance of happening with a large percentage of the canadian members, for alot of us it's hard to get out to another province due to monetary issues or just plain old parents not letting us fly somewhere to meet up with a bunch of strangers that we met online....

provincial ones have a higher chance of getting people to come and area get-togethers even higher but if someone can figure out a way to do any of these it would be great! i'v wanted to talk to someone about making armour who can actually contribute to the conversation for a while now lol.

I think that what we really need is a better place for us Canadians to discuss things. This topic seems to be the only place for us to discuss things, and it isn't that efficient.

Currently there is a topic in GD by one of our Quebec members who wants to make a forum for the other Quebecois on the site. I suggested to him that what we could do is make a bi-lingual site for all Canadian armor builders. This would be a 405th sister site and be by no means an alternative to the 405th. It would just be a centralized location for Canadians, much like how the 501st has websites for their various garrisons.

What do you other Canadians think? Who would like to help? What should it be named? What can you contribute?

Well, how much do we really have to discuss that we need our own separate space? We are spread pretty thin right now. Do we have the (active) numbers to support such an action?

We have at LEAST 30 active Canadian members by my conservative estimate.

It need not be a completely separate site, but a forum like what the UK members have.

A section for canadian members could be really nice. Would be able to talk about the stuff of canada in a more detail way.

Pat

An example of how much we need a separate section, is this thread itself. Originally it was intended to be a place for Canadian members to say they existed, but it's been used to organize con groups, and discuss other off-topic things (like this ;)) because this is the only place That Canadians actually look for such info.

It would be far more efficient if we had a purpose built section as the UK members do. There we can discuss whatever we please.

Some possibilities for discussion in this forum:

-Canadian molding/glassing product variations

-Fan-films, Operation Callaghan for example

-Prop meetings, I know for sure that there clusters of members in AB, QB, and ON, close enough to meet up

-Conventions in Toronto and Montreal, as well as wherever else there's a con

-Groups of Canadian members going to con's south of the border

-Trading/selling props to people closer to you, less shipping

-How to deal with colder weather while working on ones costume ;)

-Any legal problems specific to Canadian law, ie. prop guns

One of the reasons there is so little Canadian 405th stuff happening is because there is nowhere to discuss it. Just give us a place to do so and we'll thrive.

I am going to make a topic now, lobbying for a Canadian section.

Post your support there.

Garzak said:
It in the general you cant miss it.

Pat

see after i asked that i went to the home page and *BAM* there it was lol but i think it is a reaaly good idea to give us our own board

//Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back