carter helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptun

Hello 405th!

I started on carters helmet for a friend a few days ago and we're just about ready to paint it up. I'll put a few pics up of the process after it gets painted today.

I have a question though. We were looking through reference pictures and saw some concept art for the helmet. We both decided we liked the visor addon on that one and were considering making it. I was thinking of taking the visor from a mark VI and making it a detachable option for the carter helmet. We discussed ways to make this possible and came up with buckles/clips or magnets. Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions? Is there a better visor on a different model maybe?

Ouch, sounds complicated, but way fun. How much wear and tear is the helmet actually going to experience? I would suggest rare earth magnets, or even modifying the ends of the visor with little claw attatchments to grab the inside of the helmet to keep it detachable. Whatever you do, make sure you take lots of pics!

I like the sound of that claw idea. It wouldnt really have to grab the inside at all though since it would just kind of rest on the forehead above the faceplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back