Cayokes H2 Odst Wip Fully Pepped (Last Up Date Apri/28/10) On P.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Teltron. Here are a few pictures on my only stregthened part. CAUTION IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MELTED HOT GLUE AND PAINT BRUSES THIS IS ?NOT FOR YOU!

Well here we go.

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Update I started stregthening the torso today and well the glue caught on fire! Yay fun. Well I want to get some pictures up but the camra im useing i lost the charger to and webn i find it i will put up some pictures.

@ Koedori- I can not use resin on my armor because my mom dosent want me to its all hot glue.

@ Alex Spartan117- The black stuff is melted paint brushes.

@ Computergeek- Get off my thread or i will walk into you room and steal your computer.

+500 on the resin before strengthening. It's almost guaranteed to cause irreparable warping if you apply that sort of thing to just paper. You can then kiss all the time and effort you put into the pepakura work goodbye.

Use a cheap "chip brush" (one with bristles) when you brush on the hot glue to avoid getting the bits of foam on there.

I have my technique down for the hot glue. My problem in the end will if i catch the glue on fire agin or if i get hot glue on and un protected area and get burnt.

Sadly i have to re do the torso because it is warped big time. I will fiber glass it next time.

Wel here is a stregthening post with pictures.

Begening of torso

Picture004.jpg

Part of fore arm

Picture003.jpg

More forearm

Picture002.jpg

A little more external view

Picture001.jpg

sorry there havent been any progression pics for a bit. But i warped the torso big time. So i have to re pep that. I bought Fiberglass mat and some resin 20$. Just got a visor and it is to wide if i have some stri g keeping it in ward will it warp it tothe right shape. I finished one forearm and the shoulders are being painted. I have Legos in one shoulder. :pIv been busy also makeing a High Def EOD. I will put pictures up soon. Waiting for the drunk old guy to fly down his sleigh and drop off some stuff. Like a cheep camra.

:sleep Cayoke

Hot glue shouldn't be melting brushes, or setting on fire. I would suggest melting it at a lower temperature.

Well here are some up date pictures taken on my new 11$ camra. There is only one done part whitch is a forearm.

img1.jpg

img13.jpg

img14.jpg

img15.jpg

img16.jpg

img17.jpg

img2.jpg

img3.jpg

img4.jpg

img5.jpg

img6.jpg

img7.jpg

img8.jpg

img9.jpg

Kodorei said:
So you are going resin then? Good, because hot glue really only works for interior strenghtening.

Yes they will be resined. I repepped the torso and it looks SMEXY! so now i might repep the whole thing because i have lots of card stock. Also I am toying with wireing and so far I can have two ventalation fans in my hem connected to one btton.

Ps was that a necro post kodorei??

Last edited by a moderator:
Your peps are looking great, and I think you'll get much better results using glass and resin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back